Ultralight Autogyros: Training and air law

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

Ultralight Autogyros: Training and air law

Postby smittiefish » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Hello Folks,

I never was a great fan of ultralight anything because of SAAF dad's opinion of them when I was a boy, and although I am a fixed wing person at the very heart of the matter, gyro flying, and of late Autogyro flying has caught my, albeit silent, attention. It just makes a lot of sense in the physics realm...and now this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZdXmOJZVq8

In the US apparently they are not even registered, any info regarding this would be most helpful.

So, is anyone in SA flying these specific types? If so, please let me know! If not....I'll be selling soon. :D

Lastly, air law...this is the perfect spotting aircraft. Whenever parents of students at my school hear I fly the first question many times is: "Would you be able to do spotting on my farm in Namaqualand/Karoo?" The question thus: What would the legal implications be of doing such an activity if I were to own an ultralight autogyro like this Honeybee?

Cheers.

Smittie
"I you think you can, or you think you can't, in both cases you will always be right."

"No more an earthbound misfit I" - Pink FLoyd in "Learning to fly"
smittiefish
Avionics Master On

Return to General Aviation Chatter