FS2004: Changing active runway's

Synthetic and Virtual aviation of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

FS2004: Changing active runway's

Postby ChrisB » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:15 pm

Question time: :)

When I play FS2004, I normally use FAWB as my airport of choise for departing or arrival. However, I get annoyed by FS's IA that keep on using 06 as the r/way in use. Even if you select (eg) 29 when you select the airports, as soon as you ask for taxi clearance, "they" want you to taxi to 06. Rock up in the middle of the night? No problem, you are given (surprise surprise) 06 - a runway that has zero lights! :-(

Can you change some file or setting somewhere to force the IA to use 29?

I have the Aeroworx scenery installed for FAWB.

Q regarding the scenary. I have V1.00 and it does not have the PAPI's on 11/29. Does anybody know if there has been an update on the scenary that includes the PAPI?

Thanks & Cheers
Chris
ChrisB

When I were small, Christmas trees were tall. Now I am tall, and airplane cockpits are small!
8)
ChrisB
1k poster
1k poster

Postby Flameboy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:04 pm

I also want to know. I tried changing the wind to 290deg for rwy 29 but it ended up giving me rwy 24. Maybe Rapcon knows.
Flameboy

Postby Hotdog » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:29 pm

What usually works for Aeroworx FAWB is to Select Active Runway, and then set the wind heading to 29/11 - works every time. I also get irritated with the 06 runway option :wink:
Hotdog

Postby trimotor » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:51 am

Try and set the weather or download the weather and after you have done that select the aiport you want to be at. Then select the runway or ramp etc and then reload the airport position. That should sort you out. I normally do not create weather but download the static snapshot of the world weather and then fly.

Hope it works for you. :D
trimotor
1k poster
1k poster

Postby makeapullup » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:26 pm

Try this one, found in simviation.com (amongst others)
AFCAD221.zip

Good luck.
makeapullup
Power off Glide

Postby Cornell Blok » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:15 am

makeapullup wrote:Try this one, found in simviation.com (amongst others)
AFCAD221.zip

Good luck.

Only saw this post now sorry :oops:

AFCAD works great already changed FAWB
Petrol attendant in Training/Car Wash Supervisor

http://africaworldva.com

ZS-NNiX
Cornell Blok
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Postby Hotdog » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:57 am

Hi Cornell,

I am relatively familiar with Afcad - whiat changes did you make to FAWB? Both the runways are active at FAWB, but 29/11 normally has a higher precedence over the lesser used one. I am sure that the problem is not with the Afcad file, but with the wind directions selected in the weather properties within FS9. Selecting a wind direction in either the 29 or 11 direction should make that runway active, and will have ATC using 29/11. Haven't played around with this recently, but I do not think there is a way in Afcad to add a greater priority or "weight" to 29/11.

Feedback will be greatly appreciated, as I am still learning a lot of things around building of scenery.
Hotdog

Postby Cornell Blok » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 pm

Hi hot dog I also still learning only have it for a day but it's a great program.

Go into AFCAD click on open airport and select FAWB click on the runway that you don't wanna use.

You will see it turns yellow

Tick in the box Do not use for take off and Do not use for Landing

Remember to change this on 11 and 29 on the bottom

I'm at home later and will try and post some pic's if you don't get it to work.

ZS-NNiX
Cornell Blok
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Postby Hotdog » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:07 pm

Fair enough, that disables the runway entirely, but is not exactly the problem. I know that one can disable a runway for use, but the problem has to do with active runways and wind direction. Your solution wil absolutely definately fix the active runway issue, but at the expense of the alternate runway in crosswind conditions. Solution nonetheless :wink:
Hotdog

Postby Cornell Blok » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:09 pm

I know best I can do sorry :oops:

ZS-NNiX
Cornell Blok
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Return to Virtual Aviation