Unread post by SNIPER » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Barry Wolmarans
heinrich
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: EGSX

Re: Crime

Unread post by heinrich » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:54 pm

How can you attempt to murder someone with a non-lethal weapon? I think the powleece are losing the plot with this one. At most it's attempted assault? (if there is even such a thing) Or am I missing something... :?
paulw
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom

Unread post by paulw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:39 pm

SlowApproach wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:05 am
Cool =D> ...

The anti-white snowflakes & luvvies may have been successful at putting pressure on Oz not to do something about the situation, but let's see 'em try the same thing with the Russian Bear.
Good for them. I am sure they will manage and have a good life there.

They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
SlowApproach
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by SlowApproach » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:46 pm

heinrich wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:54 pm
... I think the powleece are losing the plot with this one.
The cops are not at liberty to decide who may open a case and who may not. If someone (doesn't matter who) wants to lay a particular charge, they are obliged to follow through, unfortunately.
Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.
heinrich
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by heinrich » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:08 pm

SlowApproach wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:46 pm
heinrich wrote:
... I think the powleece are losing the plot with this one.
The cops are not at liberty to decide who may open a case or not. If someone (doesn't matter who) wants to lay a charge, they are obliged to follow through, unfortunately.
I don't agree with all of that. Yes, police can't cherry pick who may or may not open a case. But it is up to the police officer dealing with the complaint to realize and educate the person laying the complaint that such a charge does not exist. I should know as I was a cop once - many moons ago (maybe not even a good one at that. :? :lol: ). IIRC it is usually up to the prosecutor to decide if there is enough evidence to lay formal charges so the person can defend himself in court. Of course there could be a difference between what's in the article and what really happened. But as far as I can see, it's a joke, and the court's time is being wasted. I think mister trespasser realized he is going to get charged with trespassing so decided to lay his own (non-existent) charge. Maybe the complainant thought it was a real gun?

I still stand by the opinion that you cannot lay a charge of attempted murder using a non-lethal weapon, unless said weapon was used to physically harm the person past the point of GBH.
SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by SNIPER » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:10 pm

heinrich wrote:
How can you attempt to murder someone with a non-lethal weapon? I think the powleece are losing the plot with this one. At most it's attempted assault? (if there is even such a thing) Or am I missing something... :?
The coffin case were found guilty of attempted murder.
Barry Wolmarans
heinrich
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by heinrich » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 pm

SNIPER wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:10 pm
heinrich wrote:
I don't recall the details of that so had to go google it, sorry. (I kinda cherry pick my news from over here and must admit I missed most of that one)

Is it the same though? This (coffin guy) was apparently assaulted and forced into a coffin (and was the lid closed ?) while they threatened to set fire to it?

IMHO that's pretty hard core and it's assault no doubt, but I'm struggling to see how that case got sold on attempted murder, and guilty too. Even so, I do not think you can compare the 2 events. One guys gets assaulted and the bejesus skrikked out of him in a coffin, while the other guy sees a puff of dust close to his feet from a ball of silicone. He had opportunity to escape the threat!! He was trespassing <<moderated - language>>!! Those paintballs are cotton wool compared to a riot gun's blou balletjies. If he was shot in the face a few times, well maybe that's another story. Race, all about race if you ask me....
SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by SNIPER » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:38 pm

heinrich wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 pm
SNIPER wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:10 pm
heinrich wrote:

I don't recall the details of that so had to go google it, sorry. (I kinda cherry pick my news from over here and must admit I missed most of that one)

Is it the same though? This (coffin guy) was apparently assaulted and forced into a coffin (and was the lid closed ?) while they threatened to set fire to it?

IMHO that's pretty hard core and it's assault no doubt, but I'm struggling to see how that case got sold on attempted murder, and guilty too. Even so, I do not think you can compare the 2 events. One guys gets assaulted and the bejesus skrikked out of him in a coffin, while the other guy sees a puff of dust close to his feet from a ball of silicone. He had opportunity to escape the threat!! He was trespassing <<moderated - language>>!! Those paintballs are cotton wool compared to a riot gun's blou balletjies. If he was shot in the face a few times, well maybe that's another story. Race, all about race if you ask me....
Definitely about race the two cases are very different but what i meant is that nothing surprises me anymore. The video of the coffen case " assault " is all over the internet. They treated him pretty gently .
Barry Wolmarans
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo

Unread post by Whirly » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 pm

The coffin case guys should win their appeal. It was all grand standing by the judge and to appease the "people". :roll:

Whirly.
Jacobus Adriaan
(FSS,SSAW,NSC)
Of all things in life I have lost,I think I miss my mind the most!!
One of very few people never to have posted anything under the "NO" topic!!
I live by Hook's law........he said Murphy was an optimist!!
SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by SNIPER » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Barry Wolmarans
paulw
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by paulw » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:08 am

I see Kimberley was hectic yesterday and they expect worse today. People getting carted in from elsewhere today.
Lots of looting took place also during the night.

SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by SNIPER » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:19 am

Kimberly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barry Wolmarans
SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by SNIPER » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barry Wolmarans
The Blacksmith
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Munster

Unread post by The Blacksmith » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 am

They will be the first one to cry, when their house is on fire, and the fire dep are not able to respond.
The mind boggles. :twisted: :twisted:
paulw
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by paulw » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:45 am

N14 between Pretoria and Krugersdorp/Lanseria at R55 also blocked at the moment.

I see UN will be assisting NW with issues.
Don't know what the issues entail and also crime.

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa ... orth-west/
The new NW premier met a UN coordinator following the decision by the government to place the province under administration.

The United Nations (UN) plans to step in to help North West recover from issues it has been experiencing.

A technical team from the UN is expected in the province next Monday to discuss ways to assist with response to those issues.

North West Premier Job Mokgoro met UN coordinator Nardos Bekele-Thomas following the decision by the government to place the province under administration, according to a report from radio station OFM.

Discussed in the meeting between Mokgoro and Bekele-Thomas were issues that led to national intervention from the government.

The UN is committed to participating in the process of reassuring that the Section 100(1) interventions lead to a sound and sustainable provincial administration before the end of the 5th administration’s term next year.

The North West government and the UN development programme agreed on a Marshall Plan approach, according to North West spokesperson Vuyisile Ngesi, who said the plan was to recover the provincial administration in areas such as health, social services, agriculture, horticulture and anticorruption.

Bekele-Thomas said the UN’s plan was to ensure North West had the necessary resources and expertise to key areas that needed to be unlocked to put the North West on the road to recovery, as well as to ensure the challenges in the province were faced head-on.
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook521Share to TwitterShare to WhatsAppShare to Email

Return to “123.45”