Lanseria customs?

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

pietmeyer
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAWB

Lanseria customs?

Unread post by pietmeyer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Seeing that FAPN is now closed until end September and I have to fly to fly to Gabs from FAWB i guess i need to stop at FALA to clear customs. I have never been to FALA and do not want to screw it up. What is the procedure to clear customs there? Hopefully not as difficult as trying to drive into FALA :roll:

Where would they make me park, pay landing fees etc? Do i need a reflector vest to get to and from my plane and how long does it take? How much is the landing fees? From what time is customs available?

Any advice greatly appreciated
ZU-DUU Jabi J400 (FAWB)
luiscdvp
Rolling

Re: Lanseria customs?

Unread post by luiscdvp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:27 pm

My experience has been good in general but last time was about 2 years agol. The tower will direct you to the Apron, here they normally have somone at the Apron freq to direct you to your parking bay. From there is normally a short walk to the terminal or small golf kart to enter the building and go to customs and inmigration. There you fill your general declaration and clear inmigration with your passengers after going thorough metal detectors and into APRON again. Typically parking bays are very close to terminal but Lanseria has golf karts to ferry you and luggage to the terminal and back. i have had once one ramp inspection by customs but they were friendly and polite. As a reminder if you have to refuel do that before inmigration and customs and then taxi back to the APRON. After clearing is all Ops normal, activate your flight plan with the tower and off you go.

It will be expensive though, they will charge for landing and ATNS fees for that quick landing and for each passenger. On the positive side there is a duty free store and whisky is not too badly priced, i heard make for a good mosquito repellent in the delta 😁
pietmeyer
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by pietmeyer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:56 am

Any idea from what time i can clear customs?
ZU-DUU Jabi J400 (FAWB)
Fuelling up
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread post by 426306 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:29 am

pietmeyer wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:56 am
Any idea from what time i can clear customs?
24/7
Aquila
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: VHHH or FAVB

Unread post by Aquila » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Its pretty standard, once you’ve landed advise ATC that you would like to clear customs, they’ll advise you which apron to taxi to. You’ll change over to Apron Freq when instructed and they’ll assign you a bay. Make sure you have a copy of the Apron chart to make sure you know where to taxi to, it doesn’t look very good for the observers when someone taxis around in circles not knowing where they going :lol: Then once parked , go through Domestic Arrivals, go through the terminal and then to International Departures. Obviously the reverse applies when returning. I’m not sure about the landing fees, I’ve always flown there with operators that are billed. Just ask around, I’m sure someone will point you in the right direction. Its really simple actually, sure you’ll have no issue... :smt023
Raccoon jet driver...

See Horizons!
AviatorCharlie
Forgot to remove the chocks!
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by AviatorCharlie » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:30 am

Hi Piet,

I always use International Flight Clearances to do my ground handling when clearing customs and immigration at Lanseria.

They fill in all the required paperwork beforehand and assist you through all the formalities. They really make it a no-brainer. You will be in and out of there in no time.

Their details as follows:

011 701 2330 | flightops@flyifc.co.za

As it is your first time going through there it might be a good idea to let them help you.
pietmeyer
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by pietmeyer » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Got to fly to FALA for the first time today. Routed from FAWB via FALA to Botswana. Was slightly nervous as I had no idea what to expect.
I must say all the worries was for nothing. Landed no problem and once on appron freq was guided to my parking spot by a very friendly guy who then also arranged tge golf cart to collect me at my plane. Very friendly service. Thanks ATC and appron guy. Was a pleasure to go through FALA and it was very quick.
ZU-DUU Jabi J400 (FAWB)

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”