The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Ugly Duckling
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7978
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:24 pm
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Location: Waterkloof
Has liked: 908 times
Been liked: 955 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:28 am

Springbok006 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:41 pm
Alot of chatter in a Soviet era aircraft during TO and landing, assuming altitude call outs of some sort. Subtitles would be great!
A 6 man crew to keep track of the big bird's systems.
Nadia's voice is cute :D
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
User avatar
opsmike
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Lanseria
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by opsmike » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:18 am

African Flyer wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Kelerei wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:53 am
African Flyer wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:39 pm
Is there anywhere in SA that the 225 could land at?
FALE immediately comes to mind.
Interesting Kelerei :-k . What about Upington?
Waterkloof
Airports are where it happens
User avatar
87Juliet
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4849
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:53 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Helderberg Basin
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 133 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by 87Juliet » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:10 am

Springbok006 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:41 pm
Alot of chatter in a Soviet era aircraft during TO and landing, assuming altitude call outs of some sort. Subtitles would be great!
A bunch of Dmitry’s videos have English translated subtitles. Yes those are altitude callouts on short finals
Jacques Taljard: Zero-Ate-Two Niner-4-Wun Seven-Zero-Sex-Too
evanb
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2384
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:58 pm
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 349 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by evanb » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:26 am

African Flyer wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Interesting Kelerei :-k . What about Upington?
It could probably operate to/from most major airports in SA, especially if for ad hoc charters. It's not that much bigger than the A380 in terms of length and wingsplan and with some special marshaling arrangements could fit in a lot of places. Its weight isn't a huge problem given that it's distributed over more wheels than the A380. It also has a relatively tight turning radius by using steerable wheels. It's ultimately designed to be able to perform from a variety of airfields.
African Flyer
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1128
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:55 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by African Flyer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:20 am

Springbok006 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:41 pm
Alot of chatter in a Soviet era aircraft during TO and landing, assuming altitude call outs of some sort. Subtitles would be great!
I watched the video yesterday Springbok. It had English subtitles
Positive rate! :D
African Flyer
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1128
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:55 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by African Flyer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:23 am

evanb wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:26 am
African Flyer wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Interesting Kelerei :-k . What about Upington?
It could probably operate to/from most major airports in SA, especially if for ad hoc charters. It's not that much bigger than the A380 in terms of length and wingsplan and with some special marshaling arrangements could fit in a lot of places. Its weight isn't a huge problem given that it's distributed over more wheels than the A380. It also has a relatively tight turning radius by using steerable wheels. It's ultimately designed to be able to perform from a variety of airfields.
Thank you very much for this Evan🤝. Maybe sometime in future it will land in SA :) 🤞
Positive rate! :D
User avatar
richard C
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9515
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:02 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Location: Joeys
Has liked: 646 times
Been liked: 497 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by richard C » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:41 am

African Flyer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:23 am
evanb wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:26 am
African Flyer wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Interesting Kelerei :-k . What about Upington?
It could probably operate to/from most major airports in SA, especially if for ad hoc charters. It's not that much bigger than the A380 in terms of length and wingsplan and with some special marshaling arrangements could fit in a lot of places. Its weight isn't a huge problem given that it's distributed over more wheels than the A380. It also has a relatively tight turning radius by using steerable wheels. It's ultimately designed to be able to perform from a variety of airfields.
Thank you very much for this Evan🤝. Maybe sometime in future it will land in SA :) 🤞
Yeah, maybe it'll deliver new shopping malls...
Grant all equity and dignity
Richard Cook Consulting Architects (Pty) Ltd
User avatar
Mrb13676
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Location: Zone outbound
Has liked: 631 times
Been liked: 366 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by Mrb13676 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:17 pm

Here's an interesting one.....

Presume it's SAAF?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Blackburn
ZU-IBM - Sling4 Turbo s/n 009 “Miss Daisy”
User avatar
Ray W
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 18406
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:17 pm
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo
Location: Atlasville.
Has liked: 1972 times
Been liked: 577 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by Ray W » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Mrb13676 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:17 pm
Here's an interesting one.....

Presume it's SAAF?
It's a Beech 350 King Air. Not SAAF.

Guernsey registration
Old age & treachery will triumph over youth & skill
User avatar
opsmike
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Lanseria
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by opsmike » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:08 pm

Ray W wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:02 pm
Mrb13676 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:17 pm
Here's an interesting one.....

Presume it's SAAF?
It's a Beech 350 King Air. Not SAAF.
Operated from Lanseria
Airports are where it happens
User avatar
Mrb13676
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Location: Zone outbound
Has liked: 631 times
Been liked: 366 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by Mrb13676 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:09 pm

Any idea what it was doing?
Mike Blackburn
ZU-IBM - Sling4 Turbo s/n 009 “Miss Daisy”
User avatar
Gimble
Tripped over wheel chock
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: Somewhere in the ITCZ
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by Gimble » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:19 pm

Mrb13676 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:09 pm
Any idea what it was doing?
They’re busy with beacon calibrations.
KarlH
Wanna Fly
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:41 pm
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Location: Benoni
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by KarlH » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:30 am

Hi All
A newby here.
Going to work just now I noticed a jet and checked on the app. It was ZS-CMB from Cem-Air, looking at the plot it was spending a lot of time above FAOR. Any idea why?
Regards
Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Burner
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4556
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:21 pm
Closest Airfield: LIMB
Location: IT
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 235 times

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by Burner » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:46 am

KarlH wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:30 am
Hi All
A newby here.
Going to work just now I noticed a jet and checked on the app. It was ZS-CMB from Cem-Air, looking at the plot it was spending a lot of time above FAOR. Any idea why?
Regards
Karl
Looks to me like training based on the circuits at the end.
Last edited by Burner on Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KarlH
Wanna Fly
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:41 pm
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Location: Benoni
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The Flightradar 24 interesting traffic thread

Unread post by KarlH » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:29 am

Burner wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:46 am
KarlH wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:30 am
Hi All
A newby here.
Going to work just now I noticed a jet and checked on the app. It was ZS-CMB from Cem-Air, looking at the plot it was spending a lot of time above FAOR. Any idea why?
Regards
Karl
Looks too me like training based on the circuits at the end.
Appreciate the answer, just thought it was a bit odd doing circuits just before midnight when there is a curfew.

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”