Placo closes down

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:43 pm
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo
Location: Wherever there is good diamond gravels...

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Rotor kop » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Richard Smit wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 am
Ugly Duckling wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:05 pm
Hennie
Infinity Aviation
0723830453
Can’t go wrong doing business with Hennie, or any of the Viljoen family!
Agree. Decent guy Hennie =D>
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
User avatar
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7201
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:46 pm
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Location: Port Elizabeth

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Roger » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 pm

Their domain name has already been zapped up by a mining company. :o
If ever in doubt about flying - drink a beer.
That will give you at least 8 hours to think about it some more.
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4358
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Fransw » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:28 am

Roger wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 pm
Their domain name has already been zapped up by a mining company. :o
Look here my china! :lol: www.placo.co.za
User avatar
Cornell Blok
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6939
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:04 am
Location: FALY

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Cornell Blok » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 am

Fransw wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:28 am
Roger wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 pm
Their domain name has already been zapped up by a mining company. :o
Look here my china! :lol: www.placo.co.za
Sjoe that was fast :shock:
Petrol attendant in Training/Car Wash Supervisor

http://www.travelairva.com
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4358
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Fransw » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Cornell Blok wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 am
Fransw wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:28 am
Roger wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 pm
Their domain name has already been zapped up by a mining company. :o
Look here my china! :lol: www.placo.co.za
Sjoe that was fast :shock:
They are here for the oil! :wink:
User avatar
Johan Swakopmund
Power off stall
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:59 am
Closest Airfield: Swakopmund
Location: Namibia

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Johan Swakopmund » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:14 pm

HI Frans

Hier in Namibia sien ons die sjinese slaap met hulle oe oop en mis niks.
Miskien n les om te leer vir ons boertjies

Johan
NAMIBIA FLYING COUNTRY
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4358
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Fransw » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:03 pm

johnythelaw wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:14 pm
HI Frans

Hier in Namibia sien ons die sjinese slaap met hulle oe oop en mis niks.
Miskien n les om te leer vir ons boertjies

Johan
Jip! Hulle is ook tevrede met baie min en kan enige plek oorleef om n voet in die deur te kry... Amper soos kakkerlakke..
User avatar
Bearcat
20,000 Leagues Above
20,000 Leagues Above
Posts: 29565
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Bearcat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 pm

I have heard that the Placo hangar at Rand has been sold and that the new owners are well known and respected in the industry.
I know who they are but dont feel its my place to announce it if they have not yet done so themselves
User avatar
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 15137
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:46 am
Closest Airfield: FAGG
Location: Wilderness

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by jimdavis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 pm
I have heard that the Placo hangar at Rand has been sold and that the new owners are well known and respected in the industry.
I know who they are but dont feel its my place to announce it if they have not yet done so themselves
That sounds like good news Bruce. I wish them all the best in their new home.

jim
"So Others May Live", "PPL Manual", "Flight Tests", and "Flying in Africa" Volumes I & II. Look inside these books, and buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
southside
Engine full power confirmed
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Closest Airfield: around

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by southside » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:23 pm

I can confirm they are moving into Placo's old hanger
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4358
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Fransw » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm

southside wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:23 pm
I can confirm they are moving into Placo's old hanger
Who? Please tell us. Good advertisement for them anyway..
southside
Engine full power confirmed
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Closest Airfield: around

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by southside » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:26 am

Fransw, for the same reason as stated above, I cannot say.
Shaneuren
Aircraft in Hangar
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:14 pm
Closest Airfield: Fagc

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Shaneuren » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Fransw wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm
[quote=southside post_id=2015989 time=<a href="tel:1549650187">1549650187</a> user_id=51296]
I can confirm they are moving into Placo's old hanger
Who? Please tell us. Good advertisement for them anyway..
[/quote]

Hi Guys.

It was very sad to see Placo go. They have been a fundamental part in the General Aviation Sector for many years. A lot of Engineers at some stage of their career have been employed by Placo.

Alton Aero Engineering originally from Richards Bay have purchased Hangar 14 and have started with the clean up of the hangar.
We intend to move at the end of the month to be operational by the 1st Of March.

We have been At Rand for a year now, Clifton Avionics was very kind and allowed us to Rent their Hangar for the last year. To them we are forever greatful.

The official announcement will be in the next isssue of African Pilot.

Kind Regards

Eugene Voges.
Alan Burgess.
Shane Uren.
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4358
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Fransw » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Shaneuren wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:27 pm
Fransw wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm
[quote=southside post_id=2015989 time=<a href="tel:1549650187">1549650187</a> user_id=51296]
I can confirm they are moving into Placo's old hanger
Who? Please tell us. Good advertisement for them anyway..
Hi Guys.

It was very sad to see Placo go. They have been a fundamental part in the General Aviation Sector for many years. A lot of Engineers at some stage of their career have been employed by Placo.

Alton Aero Engineering originally from Richards Bay have purchased Hangar 14 and have started with the clean up of the hangar.
We intend to move at the end of the month to be operational by the 1st Of March.

We have been At Rand for a year now, Clifton Avionics was very kind and allowed us to Rent their Hangar for the last year. To them we are forever greatful.

The official announcement will be in the next isssue of African Pilot.

Kind Regards

Eugene Voges.
Alan Burgess.
Shane Uren.
[/quote]

Thank you!

Best of luck for you guys!! :smt023
User avatar
Christopher
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3706
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Location: Gloucester (The Perfect Storm), Mass.

Re: Placo closes down

Unread post by Christopher » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 am

<Alton Aero Engineering originally from Richards Bay>

Huh? No, surely not? Didn't Boet (Voges) originally set up shop on the field at Empangeni, before moving across to the bay?? (Do correct me if I am wrong)
Christopher Godfrey (always missing aviation!)

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”