apollo11
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Mysterious - repeating radio burst from deep space

Unread post by apollo11 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 pm

Well, look at what the Pred did to the Austrian Boersseun, bliksemed him all over the jungle... :lol:

Would u still like biltong made from the Predator, remember they enjoy hanging humans upside down after they have been disemboweled and de-skinned to bleed out so they also like biltong - human biltong, and they love to polish their victim's skulls after.

Boerseun or no when I see that Predator I'm taking off, I'll listen to the Boerseuns screams from a long distance as he goes to work on them... :lol:

Man I'm going to have a nagmerrie tonight I feel it coming on - damnation should never have participated in this thread...

Jokes aside this really is something fascinating and it will be most interesting to learn about these radio bursts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Straighten up and fly right!
Perry
happyskipper
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FQNC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by happyskipper » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm

Naah - "Chuck" would kick it's butt.... :lol:
Mark 8)
AKA "happyslipper", "slappykipper" ... etc.. :lol:
vanjast
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: 200

Unread post by vanjast » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:25 am

happyskipper wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
True.. :lol:
For once Cage's first outburst makes sense and one can agree with him.. :twisted: :twisted:
My God.. that must have been a Tourette's moment :lol: :lol: :lol:
MadMacs
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: GRJ
Has liked: 9 times

Unread post by MadMacs » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:15 am

vanjast wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:25 am
happyskipper wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
True.. :lol:
For once Cage's first outburst makes sense and one can agree with him.. :twisted: :twisted:
My God.. that must have been a Tourette's moment :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tourettes, not for the faint hearted:

[YouTube2017]https://youtu.be/6d7XVF1CnZw
[/YouTube2017]
Don't worry about old age, it doesn't last long.
Vogoff
Lining Up
Closest Airfield: FASY

Unread post by Vogoff » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 am

HJK 414 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm
I have found this whole space exploration with radio telescopes fascinating for a long time ......
The probability of us being the only one's that happened to have a planet that sustains life ...... in such a vast universe, with so many stars (as our sun) ........
One of the things that fascinates me about space is just how incomprehensibly big it is. It is quite possible there are other intelligent species in the Milky Way galaxy who have managed to evolve to the same technological level as us, at roughly the same time as us. But it could take over 100,000 years for us to see evidence that they exist, depending on where they evolved in our galaxy (and on which estimates one believes about the size of our galaxy).

To put that in context, the oldest recorded human history is from around 5,000 years ago.
HJK 414 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm
If you look at Voyager - which was launched in 1977 - that has only recently left our part of this universe and is now in interstellar space ....
40 years of travelling - nonstop ....
In galactic terms, Voyager has barely left the garage. It would take another 70,000 years to reach Alpha Centauri - if it was even heading that way.

Plenty of time to invent faster-than-light travel and send out an interstellar tow truck to pick it up... :-)
Matthew French
ZS-DWU Mooney M20C
HansH2
Post Take off checks
Closest Airfield: Margate

Unread post by HansH2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:39 am

It's just ET trying to contact SACAA. Good luck to him.
C Africa
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom

Unread post by C Africa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:49 am

Vogoff wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 am
It is quite possible there are other intelligent species in the Milky Way galaxy who have managed to evolve to the same technological level as us, at roughly the same time as us. But it could take over 100,000 years for us to see evidence that they exist, depending on where they evolved in our galaxy (and on which estimates one believes about the size of our galaxy).

The size of our galaxy is fairly well determined. It is the size of the universe that is not that clear.

If we do evolve to a point where we can travel at hyper velocities, we still have to cope with time dilation. So while it is feasible that we might develop a ship that will allow you to travel to (say) Alpha Centauri and only a couple of years pass for you in the ship (at high speed, YOUR time slows down). by the time you reach Alpha, several thousand years could have passed here on earth so they would probably have forgotten about you before you get there.

C
apollo11
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by apollo11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 am

C Africa wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:49 am
Vogoff wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 am
It is quite possible there are other intelligent species in the Milky Way galaxy who have managed to evolve to the same technological level as us, at roughly the same time as us. But it could take over 100,000 years for us to see evidence that they exist, depending on where they evolved in our galaxy (and on which estimates one believes about the size of our galaxy).

The size of our galaxy is fairly well determined. It is the size of the universe that is not that clear.

If we do evolve to a point where we can travel at hypervelocities, we still have to cope with time dilation. So while it is feasible that we might develop a ship that will allow you to travel to (say) Alpha Centauri and only a couple of years pass for you in the ship (at high speed, YOUR time slows down). by the time you reach Alpha, several thousand years could have passed here on earth so they would probably have forgotten about you before you get there.

C
It's mind-boggling, it truly is just a little extract from the net and I was watching this on National Geographic about this red hypergiant and white super Novas', apparently, when exploding their structure goes out to almost the speed of light, those black holes collapse at some insane speeds too... their density is just freaky.
An example of a red hypergiant star is VY Canis Majoris, which measures 1,500 times the size of the Sun. The true monsters of the Universe are the blue hypergiant stars, like Eta Carinae. It has 150 times the mass of the Sun, and measure up to 180 times the size of the Sun.

Slow Approach on Avcom would probably know a lot more about this subject, but I actually got a headache trying to think about this stuff.

Watching how the earth was apparently formed with the moon colliding into earth initially and bring many organisms and other life starting chemicals nutrients etc... then taking up this perfect orbit around the earth, it's almost perfect, actually, it is perfect too perfect, how in the heck did that get so perfectly setup?

Perhaps in the thousands of years ahead, we will travel with some sort of projection technology sort of like the Startrek transporter system, anything else is simply way too slow unless we hang out around our own Galaxy.

Wow I sure wish I could just see what it will all be like 5000 years from now
Perry
SlowApproach
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by SlowApproach » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:21 am

Apollo, don't worry. Thinking about space stuff also gives me headaches. Big headaches :lol:

If there's one thing I'm personally convinced of however is that any beings from far far away that are capable of reaching us are not likely to have any human-like shape or form whatsoever. In fact, they might not have any form at all. Call them electromagnetic entities if you will. (That could explain how they would even be able to survive the travel as any kind of physical body would not be able to withstand any of it)

Maybe the radio bursts being received are actually them coming for a tourist visit and look-see around :lol:
Behind every angry woman is a man who has absolutely no idea what he did wrong.
apollo11
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by apollo11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:44 am

Indeed Slow Approach so many would like to believe me included in a certain type of life form similar to human, but life form could be many variables in look, a friend I was chatting to last night suggested perhaps it's our own very own radio transmissions over the decades that have somehow jumped around the universe and perhaps been slightly modified due to conditions in the universe and we are now picking up our own transmissions possibly decades later or even recently as "mysterious" radio bursts. We just don't know it yet.

I would like to believe it's come from another place or life form somewhere out there...
Perry
Vogoff
Lining Up
Closest Airfield: FASY

Unread post by Vogoff » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 pm

C Africa wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:49 am
My understanding is that it is quite difficult to accurately measure the size of the Milky Way because we are trying to a measure the radius from inside - it is not like Andromeda where we can see the edges.

The size of the universe is much harder because we can't even see the edges. But I have enough trouble contemplating the size of our puny galaxy so I'm quite comfortable remaining ignorant about the size of the Universe... 8-[ :D
Matthew French
ZS-DWU Mooney M20C
Christo
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Christo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 am

Due to the price increase in ammunition, do not expect a warning shot.

Sig Sauer, kinda like Glock except for men.
Spoke Eagle
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Silver Creek
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Spoke Eagle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:03 am

What gets me is the size of it all and still expanding at the speed of light :shock:
And "outside" of the universe is nothing. Actually not even nothing.
GRAHAMW
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAUL
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by GRAHAMW » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 am

Spoke Eagle wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:03 am
What gets me is the size of it all and still expanding at the speed of light :shock:
And "outside" of the universe is nothing. Actually not even nothing.
The observable universe is 47 billion light-years each way. What is beyond that we will never know. The universe could be finite or infinite.

I am a believer in The Fermi paradox, which is the apparent contradiction between the lack of evidence and high probability estimates for the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations.

The basic points of the argument, made by physicists Enrico Fermi (1901–1954) and Michael H. Hart (born 1932), are:

1. There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are similar to the Sun, and many of these stars are billions of years older than the Solar system.
2. With high probability, some of these stars have Earth-like planets, and if the Earth is typical, some may have developed intelligent life.
3. Some of these civilizations may have developed interstellar travel, a step the Earth is investigating now.
4. Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the Milky Way galaxy could be completely traversed in a few million years.

Once the Square Kilometer Array has been completed we will be in a position to detect a much bigger spectrum radio frequencies and even normal radio broadcast from stars up to 100 light years from us.
Graham Wallbridge

The secret to getting ahead is getting started - Mark Twain
Christopher
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Has liked: 2 times

Unread post by Christopher » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Graham, don't drop us in the doo-doo like that: WTF is this: <Square Kilometer Array>? :P
Christopher Godfrey (always missing aviation!)

Return to “123.45”