Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Jack Welles
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2878
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 47 times

Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by Jack Welles » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 pm

These users liked the author Jack Welles for the post (total 3):
hlouwevanbRay W
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
Insane
Stressed Eric ain't got nothing on me
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:23 am
Closest Airfield: Nearest gravel strip
Location: Where it is Hot and Hazey!!
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by Insane » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Respect to the CEO for not ignoring this young man. His letter of reply will certainly be of inspiration and motivation! =D> =D>
Never under estimate the power of a small group of stupid people!!
User avatar
Jack Welles
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2878
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by Jack Welles » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Really tickled me (both of them) - still some nice people around :D
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4760
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Jack Welles wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pm
Really tickled me (both of them) - still some nice people around :D
This will/already has changed the boy's perception on many thinhs in live! In a good way..

Best of all its handwritten letter. Did he actually posted it?
CWS
Helicopter getting close
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:34 pm
Closest Airfield: Morningstar
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by CWS » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Also Qantas from a few years ago, but priceless :D

7AA5F577-8EAD-48EA-97D0-360FA6F60028.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5309
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by heisan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm

Suckers :twisted: .

Do you really think his reply was for any other reason that viral marketing?
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
Kortbroek
Flaps set for Take off
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:13 am
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Location: Port Elizabeth
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by Kortbroek » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:49 pm

heisan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm
Suckers :twisted: .

Do you really think his reply was for any other reason that viral marketing?
Does it matter what his motive is? I can promise you it doesn't matter to the little boy :D
These users liked the author Kortbroek for the post:
Insane
User avatar
Jack Welles
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2878
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Muizenberg
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by Jack Welles » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 am

heisan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm
Suckers :twisted: . Do you really think his reply was for any other reason that viral marketing?
Wow! :shock: Can anyone guarantee when something will go viral?

Only an idiot wouldn't think that they'd use the exchange for marketing - hey! it's the 21st century - but here's the thing, the little boy wrote it in the first place (maybe he was part of the viral plot :lol: ) and the CEO was open to being shown that sort of letter and ended up making the little boy's day (and maybe more).

You reckon that's a bad thing?

As an aside: Marelize and her Mom, of "My F.k" fame, were flown down to CT by Pik n Pay for the start of the Cape Town Cycle Tour - so the retailer scores some marketing and they score a free trip. That's got to be good, right?
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
User avatar
heisan
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5309
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:45 pm
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by heisan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:42 am

Jack Welles wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 am
heisan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm
Suckers :twisted: . Do you really think his reply was for any other reason that viral marketing?
Wow! :shock: Can anyone guarantee when something will go viral?

Only an idiot wouldn't think that they'd use the exchange for marketing - hey! it's the 21st century - but here's the thing, the little boy wrote it in the first place (maybe he was part of the viral plot :lol: ) and the CEO was open to being shown that sort of letter and ended up making the little boy's day (and maybe more).

You reckon that's a bad thing?

As an aside: Marelize and her Mom, of "My F.k" fame, were flown down to CT by Pik n Pay for the start of the Cape Town Cycle Tour - so the retailer scores some marketing and they score a free trip. That's got to be good, right?
The response letter is clearly phrased for public consumption. I would put money on it that the Quantas marketing department had a substantial hand in this.

If he really did just reply out of the goodness of his heart, and then forget about it, then great. If, however, he just abused the naivete of a little boy for some cheap marketing, then that is pretty darn low.
Justin Schoeman

ZU-FSR (Raven)
RiNCEw1ND
Take off Clearance
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:32 pm
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo International
Location: Johannesburg
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Boy and Qantas CEO exchange letters

Unread post by RiNCEw1ND » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:18 pm

heisan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:42 am
Jack Welles wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 am
heisan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm
Suckers :twisted: . Do you really think his reply was for any other reason that viral marketing?
Wow! :shock: Can anyone guarantee when something will go viral?

Only an idiot wouldn't think that they'd use the exchange for marketing - hey! it's the 21st century - but here's the thing, the little boy wrote it in the first place (maybe he was part of the viral plot :lol: ) and the CEO was open to being shown that sort of letter and ended up making the little boy's day (and maybe more).

You reckon that's a bad thing?

As an aside: Marelize and her Mom, of "My F.k" fame, were flown down to CT by Pik n Pay for the start of the Cape Town Cycle Tour - so the retailer scores some marketing and they score a free trip. That's got to be good, right?
The response letter is clearly phrased for public consumption. I would put money on it that the Quantas marketing department had a substantial hand in this.

If he really did just reply out of the goodness of his heart, and then forget about it, then great. If, however, he just abused the naivete of a little boy for some cheap marketing, then that is pretty darn low.
Ah good old South Africa... We can always find something bad to see, even in the good.

Great story that this little guy will remember forever I am sure!

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”