Airliner7
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

43 Airschool's JPP program

Unread post by Airliner7 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Greetings,

Has anyone here taken 43 Airschool's Jet Pilot Program or know anyone that has taken it? I'm trying to understand how this R1.2 million course supposedly makes a 141 hour CPL and Boeing 737 type rated pilot airline employment ready. The school won't answer this question of mine.

Thanks
Jumbo2016
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Has liked: 1 time

Re: 43 Airschool's JPP program

Unread post by Jumbo2016 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Airliner7 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:10 pm
Greetings,

Has anyone here taken 43 Airschool's Jet Pilot Program or know anyone that has taken it? I'm trying to understand how this R1.2 million course supposedly makes a 141 hour CPL and Boeing 737 type rated pilot airline employment ready. The school won't answer this question of mine.

Thanks

The short answer is that it doesn’t. And they won’t be able to answer you either.

At the end of the course, the pilot has 141 hrs and a brand new CPL, with a 737 Type rating.

Airlines have their minimum requirements, which are typically 1000 TT and some multi turbine time and at least ATPL subjects.

Even if you have the rating, you will more that likely still need to do the company specific type rating.

That’s my point of view on it, hope it helps, and good luck with the decisions.
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Airliner7 wrote:
Greetings,

Thanks
Good question Airliner7! I also want to know. Many similar"schemes" around..
Burner
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: LIMB
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 98 times

Unread post by Burner » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Fransw wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm
Airliner7 wrote:
Greetings,

Thanks
These similar schemes in Europe that can land you in the right seat of an airliner in an airline in Europe. Airlines there are relying heavily on "cadets" coming out of schemes like the above, to fulfill their recruitment requirements.

The difference with the 43rd program, is you end up with a licence and rating that no South African airline (which you are limited to applying to since it is an SA licence), will even look at you.

Similar schemes like their's in Europe leave you with a "frozen" ATP, MCC and jet rating, with promises of an interview with a major airline, and stats that "x percent of our cadets end up directly in airline".

There honestly are no short cuts to an airline seat in South Africa. Why would an airline look at someone with a fresh CPL and rating, when they have piles of CVs of pilots with decent multi crew turbine experience.
These users liked the author Burner for the post (total 2):
WilcoKhuliyoung
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 129 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:17 pm

Had a look at their website. IMO their advertising is a bit of a fiddle in this regard, maybe even downright misleading ...
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
Airliner7
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Airliner7 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Jack Welles wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:17 pm
Had a look at their website. IMO their advertising is a bit of a fiddle in this regard, maybe even downright misleading ...
Misleading is an understatement, just found out about someone who took the JPP program then had to fly pistons and turbines, only to redo the 737 rating once he had enough experience. So it really is a scheme then, a R1.2 million scheme.
IKTAV
Ooops forgot to turn the fuel back on!
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by IKTAV » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:19 pm

[quote=Burner post_id=2035086 time=1556017165 user_id=1535

There honestly are no short cuts to an airline seat in South Africa. Why would an airline look at someone with a fresh CPL and rating, when they have piles of CVs of pilots with decent multi crew turbine experience.
[/quote]

Exactly as Burner said.
Airliner7
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Airliner7 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 pm

So I got a reply, the course makes pilots employable by European low-cost airliners, graduates have been employed by the likes of RyanAir & WOW. Apparently the SA airliner scene has no urgent demand for pilots thus no hiring of fresh type-rated pilots (unless you're the blondie that got hired by a jet operator straight out of flight school in JHB recently)
Wilco
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: LAX soon to be DFW
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Wilco » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Airliner7 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 pm
So I got a reply, the course makes pilots employable by European low-cost airliners, graduates have been employed by the likes of RyanAir & WOW. Apparently the SA airliner scene has no urgent demand for pilots thus no hiring of fresh type-rated pilots (unless you're the blondie that got hired by a jet operator straight out of flight school in JHB recently)
From another thread....the 737 type rating one you started...Your reply

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218068
Got my answer, R328 000 is the cost from CPL to 737 type rated with MCC. Not all travel the same road in aviation. Some jobs require a 737 type rating, I obviously wouldn't be spending the money if I wouldn't find work. Just need to get to 500TT for insurance purposes then get my rating. You can ask someone to do something for you, or you can do it yourself. Spend the money, make the money faster.

Cheers
Misleading is an understatement, just found out about someone who took the JPP program then had to fly pistons and turbines, only to redo the 737 rating once he had enough experience. So it really is a scheme then, a R1.2 million scheme.
Who would have thunk it? Geez, no one saw that coming.....So if he spent more money, does that mean the ROI is much faster and he made the money back much faster???

Go do the 43 Airschool program...Go ahead spend the money. You know all that jazz...spend the money, make the money faster reply.....Have a few people been able to get those jobs straight out? I am sure there have been a very few select few. But the better question to ask is what percentage of those that entered the program got a job flying 737's straight out?

But before you spend the money ask yourself and them a couple of questions. (as an FYI I believe WOW air is out of business)

1) How can you be employed by a European low cost carrier if a) You are not a EU citizen and b) do not have EASA certificates just SA ones?

You could go to Canada, the US, Australia, get a TC, FAA or CASA CPL with a 737 type rating and you are in the same boat as you will need to do a full conversion to EASA for those jobs. Plus, if you don't have the right to work in the EU then you are out of luck - but at least you have CPL's from two issuing authorities \:D/ (it will be a great conversation opener at a bar)

Here is some friendly advice, there are no short cuts in this industry.

If you are looking for shortcuts like a 737 rating on a fresh CPL - good luck. If you are OK with pissing away a ton of money and want a 737 type rating so you can put a 737 sticker on your flight bag or case or iPad go ahead do it. However; the most likely outcome is that you will be where every fresh CPL holder is - flying a 206 or instructing.

Here is a PIREP; humility and hard work will go a long way in this industry . They will go much further than a 737 type rating with your new CPL IMHO.

Save your money. You will be thanking me later...But then again, what do I know.....you seem to have it figured out....
Last edited by Wilco on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FLKK
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Chuck » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm

Airliner7 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:59 pm
Jack Welles wrote:
No, The HORROR. :shock:

Dunno man, but outside of Europe or US there are few that will land in an airline seat just after CPL. IMHO that is the better way in any case. For Southern African aviation this program comes up short. I doubt any operator further up north will take you on as a charter pilot with only 141 hours. As for say giving instruction in SA, other than 43 will any flightschool take on a 141 hour pilot as an instructor if they can get a 200 hour one ?
These users liked the author Chuck for the post:
Wilco
'What we find on internet, we readily believe, and what we ourselves find, we imagine others find also.'
Julius Ceasar, 44 BC

Your warning level: [1]

http://www.chickenwingscomics.com/comic ... cw0466.jpg
Airliner7
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Airliner7 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Wilco wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:13 pm
Airliner7 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 pm
From another thread....the 737 type rating one you started...Your reply

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218068
Got my answer, R328 000 is the cost from CPL to 737 type rated with MCC. Not all travel the same road in aviation. Some jobs require a 737 type rating, I obviously wouldn't be spending the money if I wouldn't find work. Just need to get to 500TT for insurance purposes then get my rating. You can ask someone to do something for you, or you can do it yourself. Spend the money, make the money faster.

Cheers

Save your money. You will be thanking me later...But then again, what do I know.....you seem to have it figured out....
What I've figured out is which airliner employs 1000 hr pilots with a 737 rating. But as it's pointed out to me by a CEO in the industry "There are sceptical local older guys who believe everyone must follow the hard road that they did". I didn't say how I'd spend my money, neither did I say which route I will take to get to an airline.

Cheers.
These users liked the author Airliner7 for the post:
Choppaboy
Airliner7
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Airliner7 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Chuck wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm
Airliner7 wrote:
Jack Welles wrote:

Dunno man, but outside of Europe or US there are few that will land in an airline seat just after CPL. IMHO that is the better way in any case. For Southern African aviation this program comes up short. I doubt any operator further up north will take you on as a charter pilot with only 141 hours. As for say giving instruction in SA, other than 43 will any flightschool take on a 141 hour pilot as an instructor if they can get a 200 hour one ?
The program is clearly not for instructors. Agreed that for SA it comes up short, I was informed that it isn't for SA aviation though. Graduating this program definitely isn't the only hurdle with regards to getting hired by Ryan Air, I'd imagine they facilitate the process to some extent as they obviously have connections, being the reputable school that they are. Definitely for the ones who are in a rush though.
Wilco
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: LAX soon to be DFW
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Wilco » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Airliner7 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:17 pm
Chuck wrote:
Airliner7 wrote:

The program is clearly not for instructors. Agreed that for SA it comes up short, I was informed that it isn't for SA aviation though. Graduating this program definitely isn't the only hurdle with regards to getting hired by Ryan Air, I'd imagine they facilitate the process to some extent as they obviously have connections, being the reputable school that they are. Definitely for the ones who are in a rush though.
You obviously don't get it. AT ALL.

They can have connections with O'Leary but if you do not have the right to live and work in the EU it is all to no avail. Not to mention, all of that money you would have to spend converting your SA CPL to an EASA one....and that isn't cheap.

For $100K, I will enroll you in a US school and get you your 737 type rating and then you give me the difference of what wasn't spent

Think of that difference you will give me as a fee for my services.

I also obviously have connections with the US3 I work for, I am a reputable employee, and I can facilitate the process to some extent....I can't guarantee you anything but if you are in a rush, this may work out just as well. I will even sign a contract. I am not guaranteeing you a job; I am just guaranteeing you I can use my contacts to help you out.

And then after you have completed training and have transferred the remaining amount to my bank account, I will reach out and use my contact in HR. After I did my part of this contractual obligation, I will then have to inform you that they will not sponsor you for a visa and that you need an actual ATP with a few thousand hours total time. However, I will introduce you to a friend who can help you get your flight instructors certificate at a reasonable cost. But since I'm such a great guy, I have paid for this course for you well in advance with the fees that you gave me. Why? Because I knew what the end result would be.
Last edited by Wilco on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chuck
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FLKK
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Chuck » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Airliner7 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:17 pm
Chuck wrote:
Airliner7 wrote:

I am aware of 'flightschools' in Netherlands that will hook young students. They will outsource the groundschool then send the student to a school in the US that does the flying training, once back home they will help setting up an interview. Meanwhilst this 'school' has no aircraft or flying instructors of their own. The program you describe could well be used by such organizations to resell to their students. Other than the flying hours the student will get nothing and will have to do the tests in Europe. Ultimately these 'schools' simply facilitate organizing the CPL and frozen ATPL training and make it look cheap compared to the established flying schools and academy's whilst skimming of the top. It's nothing the student couldn't have organized on their own.
These users liked the author Chuck for the post:
Wilco
'What we find on internet, we readily believe, and what we ourselves find, we imagine others find also.'
Julius Ceasar, 44 BC

Your warning level: [1]

http://www.chickenwingscomics.com/comic ... cw0466.jpg
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Burner wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:59 pm
Fransw wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm
Airliner7 wrote:
Greetings,

Thanks
These similar schemes in Europe that can land you in the right seat of an airliner in an airline in Europe. Airlines there are relying heavily on "cadets" coming out of schemes like the above, to fulfill their recruitment requirements.

The difference with the 43rd program, is you end up with a licence and rating that no South African airline (which you are limited to applying to since it is an SA licence), will even look at you.

Similar schemes like their's in Europe leave you with a "frozen" ATP, MCC and jet rating, with promises of an interview with a major airline, and stats that "x percent of our cadets end up directly in airline".

Burner/Wilco/anybody. Where do you think are the most opportunities for airline pilots? US or Europe? Yes I understand the green card thing or residency before you can apply. But sayyou have a choice...

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”