Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
CMW
Avionics Master On
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:53 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by CMW » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:31 am

Does anyone know the updated procedure for submitting the 'yellow' copy of the medical certificate? Before one could just pop into CAA and hand it in. Nowadays one needs to book a time to visit, but none of the booking options seem to cover the medical certificate.

AME was completely in the dark as to any changes to procedures. No answers to my calls to CAA either.
User avatar
Iceberg
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2977
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 pm
Closest Airfield: FAWB
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 181 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Iceberg » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:43 am

CMW wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:31 am
Does anyone know the updated procedure for submitting the 'yellow' copy of the medical certificate? Before one could just pop into CAA and hand it in. Nowadays one needs to book a time to visit, but none of the booking options seem to cover the medical certificate.

AME was completely in the dark as to any changes to procedures. No answers to my calls to CAA either.
Your AME is behind. Mine issues me the new format and it is lodged electronically with CAA. No more yellow copy to hand in.
The sky is not the limit....
ZS-MDK
Karl Eschberger
User avatar
Sardine
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:29 am
Closest Airfield: FASH
Location: South Africa
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Sardine » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:25 pm

I submitted my IF renewal and a type rating application, using Civil Aviation Assist, at the end of October.
To date, the CAA says they haven't received the paperwork, and Civil Aviation Assist says the CAA has a 6-8 week backlog.

Friends who submitted everything directly to the CAA (in November) had their licence within 2 weeks.
Anyone had similar issues?
maske86
Aircraft in Hangar
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:14 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Cape Town
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by maske86 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:11 am

Sardine, I had exactly the same thing happen. School submitted via CAA Assist mid October. I phone CAA end November to find out what's happening, they have no record of my application. Emailed them the form and the fee, and voila, a week later I get an SMS to say it's ready. Something odd here...
Tim
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 641
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:44 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: Johannesburg
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Tim » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:21 pm

My pilot license renewal was ready 7 working days after electronic submission. I received a phone call from the CAA office to say I can come collect.

I was allowed to collect in person, which also was painless.
User avatar
Sardine
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:29 am
Closest Airfield: FASH
Location: South Africa
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Sardine » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:45 pm

maske86 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:11 am
Sardine, I had exactly the same thing happen. School submitted via CAA Assist mid October. I phone CAA end November to find out what's happening, they have no record of my application. Emailed them the form and the fee, and voila, a week later I get an SMS to say it's ready. Something odd here...
Frustrating to say the least!
The latest is that everything has been processed. But I couldn't get the licence on Friday because the system was down. So they couldn't print it.
And best of all, it was only issued in December, but expires October 2021. [-X
maske86
Aircraft in Hangar
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:14 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Cape Town
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by maske86 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Oh yes I got a month knocked off my renewal as well. Application was well within the 90 day window, but the new licence came out valid for a year from date of issue, not a year from date of expiry of the previous one.

Anyway, it's an SPL, so with any luck I will not need the entire year.
User avatar
Captain Kirk
Reaching GFA
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:09 pm
Closest Airfield: OMAA
Location: Coasting out at 1500ft
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Captain Kirk » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:35 am

Does anybody know if all pages of the application have to be certified by a Commissioner of Oath or not?

I see no mention of it, but past experience has taught me that SA CAA require it on any document that isn't in its original format. 8-[

Thanks in advance!
Chris K.
User avatar
markus_m2
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:33 pm
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by markus_m2 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:46 am

Captain Kirk wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:35 am
Does anybody know if all pages of the application have to be certified by a Commissioner of Oath or not?

I see no mention of it, but past experience has taught me that SA CAA require it on any document that isn't in its original format. 8-[

Thanks in advance!
No need to certify copies at this stage (some semblence of sanity has prevailed for now)
These users liked the author markus_m2 for the post:
Captain Kirk
User avatar
Captain Kirk
Reaching GFA
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:09 pm
Closest Airfield: OMAA
Location: Coasting out at 1500ft
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Captain Kirk » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:46 am

markus_m2 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:46 am
Captain Kirk wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:35 am
Does anybody know if all pages of the application have to be certified by a Commissioner of Oath or not?

I see no mention of it, but past experience has taught me that SA CAA require it on any document that isn't in its original format. 8-[

Thanks in advance!
No need to certify copies at this stage (some semblence of sanity has prevailed for now)
Thanks for the gen!
Chris K.
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 11128
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 946 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by cage » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Dear Stakeholder, we regret to inform you that Building 1 of the Midrand SACAA offices is closed from 23 December until 24 December due to disinfection measures being taken. The Midrand services will resume as normal from 4 January 2021. Thank you. Issued by SACAA.
User avatar
E.S.
Steep Turn Right
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:39 pm
Closest Airfield: FIMP
Location: MRU
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by E.S. » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Submitted docs on 27 November and still waiting for my lic.
Called last week and was surprised they actually answered, only to be told it had not even been processed yet and that it would be put on the "urgent" list.
Still waiting...
Aviate, Navigate, Communicate !!!
User avatar
Tallies
Power off stall
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:28 am
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Tallies » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:51 pm

Submitted mine Thursday a week ago and got the notification ready to collect on Monday. 6 working days.
Tallies
"Science flies you to the moon; religion flies you into buildings."- Victor Stenger (renowned contemporary physicist and philosopher)
User avatar
Spoon83
Avionics Master On
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:02 am
Closest Airfield: FAKT
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Spoon83 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Hi all

My license is ready for collection at the CAA, but I have no idea what courier company to send to pick it up(with a permission to collect).
I now reside in DBN so can no longer make an appointment and drive to Midrand.
I have contacted the CAA, and for some reason they won't answer the" what courier they suggest" question.
Does anybody, that does not reside in and around Midrand, have a good experience with a courier company that deals with the CAA on a regular basis?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Xlr8air@gmail.com
Taxiing
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:19 am
Closest Airfield: Rand airport
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Xlr8air@gmail.com » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:52 pm

Spoon, did you ever get an answer on the courier? Am also keen to know who to use.

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”