Avionics Master On
Closest Airfield: FAKT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Link for Aircrew Licence submissions info during Lockdown

Unread post by Spoon83 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:30 am

Xlr8air@gmail.com wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:52 pm
Spoon, did you ever get an answer on the courier? Am also keen to know who to use.
Contacted the local flight schools.
They suggested Aviation assist or Globeflight.
Sent Aviation assist a message on their website, they responded( Make sure to check spam folder).
They can only collect on Tuesday and Thursdays(CAA Rules)
It will arrive the day after collection.
Xlr8air@gmail.com
Taxiing
Closest Airfield: Rand airport
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Xlr8air@gmail.com » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:13 pm

Excellent. Thanks
av8
Taxiing
Closest Airfield: Rand
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by av8 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:04 pm

*Disclaimer: I dont work for the below company nor do I have any affiliation with them, just had great service and think they deserve a punt.*

I uploaded my Pilot license renewal docs, they validated and submitted to the CAA. They chased it up on my behalf with daily updates via WhatsApp. 6 days later it was delivered to my door for R 350. Well worth the cost. They also collected my C of A for Mahalla, (They are also able to help with those and ATF's.)

https://www.webo.directory//WeboAviatio ... ?catID=841
Mustang
Incipient Spin
Closest Airfield: FATP
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Mustang » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:47 pm

Thank you to Kgakgamatso Sehere at CAA for assisting me promptly with an updated file copy. Friendly and willing to assist.
"Aviation is a passion towards greater achievement in life!" - Júlíus Kloków (Mustang)

Piper Cherokee PA28-180
Piper Cherokee PA28-140
Cessna 172
Cheetah Z194
C Africa
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by C Africa » Thu May 13, 2021 8:00 am

Are CAA open for hand deliveries again or is it still this stupid e mail and courier thing?

C
markus_m2
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by markus_m2 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:16 am

C Africa wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:00 am
Are CAA open for hand deliveries again or is it still this stupid e mail and courier thing?
LOL, amazing the different perceptions...you call it stupid, I call it a MASSIVE step in the right direction :lol:
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 102 times

Unread post by BenSmit » Sun May 23, 2021 9:48 am

Guys I have of late submitted both a renewal and type rating and in both cases submitted online and got a prompt reponse with the required documentation back withing 7 days.

Granted its not the old days (I mean omly a couple of years ago) when you walked in and out an hour later with everyting done but its been tenable at least
Ben Smit
I am not young enough to know everything
(Oscar Wilde)
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 946 times

Unread post by cage » Fri May 28, 2021 8:07 am

Submitted the notice for differences training on Tuesday, was concerned when there was no auto response or reference. Called them up yesterday and they answered and had everything on file.
Paperwork arrived via email at 4am this morning.
Not bad at all.
highline
HASSELL checks
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by highline » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Submitted Revalidation paperwork yesterday and got a mail back that it was received. As a precaution send an email with all the documents for the revalidations to Mlungisi Simelane and a request for a 30 day extension in the event the license is not issued by next week as expires on 30th. Exactly 1hr20min later received an email with the extension back from him.
Great service from him, well done. Good to be able to give some positive feedback
high fly
Tim
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 128 times

Unread post by Tim » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:11 am

Great experience here too: For licence changes that do not require to issue a new, signed license (e.g, a new type rating that just reflects on the License Summary sheet), they just email you the pdf copy. No need to come to CAA office and collect, just print that 1 A4 sheet at home and put in your license book. (I don't have the new credit card-style license yet, so not sure how that works on that side.)

Turnaround 48 hrs.

It appears that Covid drives digital transformation even for the most unlikely bed fellows :lol:
C Africa
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by C Africa » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:29 pm

So with the new card licenses, is there a photo that needs to be submitted or do they use the old photo that they have on file?

C
C Africa
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by C Africa » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:24 pm

OK, so I shall answer my own question.
  • You need to include a high resolution colour passport photo with your application.
  • You need to pay for two years (it seems the requirement to pay a currency fee halfway through your 2 year stint is being dropped).
Just resubmitted my renewal.

I picked a really ugly photo of myself, even more ugly than he natural me, he he.

C
kwest
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAGC + FALA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by kwest » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:06 pm

My recent experience:

Validation skills test on 9th June.

Completed the CA61-183 application form and scanned it and the skills test report, 3 most recent pages of log book including 12 month summary and endorsement page, added my medical form for good measure, and proof of payment total R1020 (2x510.00) for renewal and card. All this in one .pdf. I got softness to take a cellphone pic head and shoulders against a white wall and attached that as a separate .jpg.

Mailed these 2 files to aircrewapplications@caa.co.za on the 15th June. Almost immediately got an email acknowledgement.

On the 20th June I received a web activation mail from which which I set up access to the profile and found my license active, with all endorsements, types etc all correctly recorded.

On 25th I received and SMS (which I missed) that advised license (card) ready for collection. I phone today (having not picked up the message) to be told its ready and they would ensure it stays there till I collect.

All this without leaving home.

Pretty damn good I say =D> =D> =D>
Keith Stannard.

"I've got wild staring eyes. And I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
Rudd3rvator
Wanna Fly
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Rudd3rvator » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:34 am

kwest wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:06 pm
My recent experience:

Validation skills test on 9th June.

Completed the CA61-183 application form and scanned it and the skills test report, 3 most recent pages of log book including 12 month summary and endorsement page, added my medical form for good measure, and proof of payment total R1020 (2x510.00) for renewal and card. All this in one .pdf. I got softness to take a cellphone pic head and shoulders against a white wall and attached that as a separate .jpg.

Mailed these 2 files to aircrewapplications@caa.co.za on the 15th June. Almost immediately got an email acknowledgement.

On the 20th June I received a web activation mail from which which I set up access to the profile and found my license active, with all endorsements, types etc all correctly recorded.

On 25th I received and SMS (which I missed) that advised license (card) ready for collection. I phone today (having not picked up the message) to be told its ready and they would ensure it stays there till I collect.

All this without leaving home.

Pretty damn good I say =D> =D> =D>
Hope mine goes smoothly! So far a couple of hiccups. Submitted around the 23rd and heard nothing so assumed that's the way it is done.
Checked with them on the 29th and they received nothing on file. Send it again and a couple of hours later checked in again and documents have been loaded.
One thing that would be superb would be a ticket number or just set up an auto-reply on the aircrew applications email in order for everyone to know they did actually receive the email and all is well.

If we really want to move ahead to an online portal where one submits documents and view application status in real-time with a username and password login =D>
hwmeijerink
Avionics Master On
Closest Airfield: Rhino Park
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by hwmeijerink » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Emailed my PPL renewal(currency) twice now and no reply email to acknowledge receipt of docs or the email.

Did today receive access to SACAA portal to view my license which seems to have been issued. All within 4 days.

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”