**NEW PICS UPLOADED!pics From page 11!**A380 in cape town!

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

MOSPC12
Post Take off checks
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

**NEW PICS UPLOADED!pics From page 11!**A380 in cape town!

Unread post by MOSPC12 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 am

Hey everyone!
Is the A380 still coming the 28th this month? Haven't seen any cancellation on the internet. What will the best spot be in cape town to see this beautiful plane and to take nice pictures? Just pray the weather is great next week!

Ciao ciao :mrgreen:
Last edited by MOSPC12 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
Never fly faster than your Guardian Angel can Fly!
Winchman
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Stellenbosch
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: 28th June A380 in cape town! best spot to be?

Unread post by Winchman » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:39 am

Impressive? Oh hell yes. Beautiful?? I think you are being too kind there MOSPC12. That spot still belongs firmly to the 747 in my book where airliners are concerned :)
Stuart Burgess
Fairchild UC61K in rebuild. Hanger 17 Stellenbosch
MOSPC12
Post Take off checks

Unread post by MOSPC12 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 am

The 747 and the new 747-8 is still beautiful but the A380 took is tops now in my book its very big and has a lot of power with its beauty and for the smaller planes(tprops) is by far the PC12! Have a leka day winchman :mrgreen: ciao ciao
Snitch
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Unknown
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 113 times

Unread post by Snitch » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:41 am

Last I heard it wasnt going to land, just flypast the sights
MOSPC12
Post Take off checks

Unread post by MOSPC12 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:53 am

Snitch wrote:Last I heard it wasnt going to land, just flypast the sights
yip they said it maybe do 1 or 2 approaches but mostly doing flypast because they have to be back in jhb at 4pm ciao ciao :mrgreen:
JarrydZ
Rolling
Closest Airfield: Ysterplaat AFB

Unread post by JarrydZ » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Smoke on, Go!
Winchman
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Winchman » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey MOSPC12!! We will differ on a few things, but on the PC12 we agree. I love it. am not a pilot but I have had many flights in it when our company had one on charter between Cape Town and Luderitz. Even had a few flights up front. Our pilot knew about my disease and with it being a single pilot machine I was usually invited to sit up front. Wonderful
Stuart Burgess
MOSPC12
Post Take off checks

Unread post by MOSPC12 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 am

JarrydZ wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79362&p=909039&hili ... CT#p909039

I will be at the airport :D
Nice I'm still thinking if I must go to the airport or stay at the beach for the table mountain fly-by because the main reason the A380 is flying to cape town is for the pics of the A380 and the mountain maybe they busy with planing a route with A380 to cape town in the near future, and the guy said they maybe do an approach. But I see you maybe at the airport give me an pm and I'll send you my pics if I'm not going to the airport.

Have a leka one
MOSPC12
Post Take off checks

Unread post by MOSPC12 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 am

Winchman wrote:Hey MOSPC12!! We will differ on a few things, but on the PC12 we agree. I love it. am not a pilot but I have had many flights in it when our company had one on charter between Cape Town and Luderitz. Even had a few flights up front. Our pilot knew about my disease and with it being a single pilot machine I was usually invited to sit up front. Wonderful
Yho your lucky! I never got the chance to fly in one but was in many especially the redcross ones, I had the opportunity to view the NG when they came to SA but I missed it but a few months I got to see one and view the nice glass cockpit! Which company do you work for and why did they sell that awesome plane?

Oja are going to look out for the A380? Or just the 747s? Lol

Winchman
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Winchman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:54 am

I worked at the time for an offshore diamond mining company by the name of Namco. We used to use the PC 12 for crew change and executive flights from cape Town to Luderitz. I forget who the company was from whom we chartered it, but it was a brand new aircraft with only 80 hours on it when we started. Ted Huddlestone was the dedicated pilot and what an absolute gent. Namco eventually went belly up and was taken over by an Israeli concern. Base 4 used to do our offshore transfers with a BO105

Ag I suppose I will go and have a look at the guppy :P
Stuart Burgess
MOSPC12
Post Take off checks

Unread post by MOSPC12 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Winchman wrote:I worked at the time for an offshore diamond mining company by the name of Namco. We used to use the PC 12 for crew change and executive flights from cape Town to Luderitz. I forget who the company was from whom we chartered it, but it was a brand new aircraft with only 80 hours on it when we started. Ted Huddlestone was the dedicated pilot and what an absolute gent. Namco eventually went belly up and was taken over by an Israeli concern. Base 4 used to do our offshore transfers with a BO105

Ag I suppose I will go and have a look at the guppy :P
Aah nice, I've heard about namco didn't know where it was based. The name Ted huddlestone rings a bell maybe I'm thinking of another Ted.

Lol isn't your guppy bored to be the only one in the tank? Lol I've got 5 small guppys and super size one.
Lunch time 4 me!
Ciao ciao
:mrgreen:
Winchman
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Winchman » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:38 am

@MOSPC12

Ted Huddlestone is an absolute legend. A true gentleman and one of the most amazing, comfortably competent pilots I know. In the cockpit he treated me like a guest in his home. I got the full run down of how the PT6 works and the two hour flights went by in no time. After Namco I did not see him for a good few years and then bumped into him again when I joined CHC and subsequently Titan Helicopters as a volunteer rescue winchman seconded by Sea Rescue. I have done many missions with either Ted or John Pocock up front in a 212 or S61 and I can honestly say that I will go anywhere and undertake anything with either of those guys up front. And believe me there are guys that I would not happily fly with in anything and when they were together up front for a mission, well that was just fantastic.
Stuart Burgess
MOSPC12
Post Take off checks

Unread post by MOSPC12 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:52 am

Winchman wrote:@MOSPC12

Ted Huddlestone is an absolute legend. A true gentleman and one of the most amazing, comfortably competent pilots I know. In the cockpit he treated me like a guest in his home. I got the full run down of how the PT6 works and the two hour flights went by in no time. After Namco I did not see him for a good few years and then bumped into him again when I joined CHC and subsequently Titan Helicopters as a volunteer rescue winchman seconded by Sea Rescue. I have done many missions with either Ted or John Pocock up front in a 212 or S61 and I can honestly say that I will go anywhere and undertake anything with either of those guys up front. And believe me there are guys that I would not happily fly with in anything and when they were together up front for a mission, well that was just fantastic.
I'm thinking of another Ted, but will probably bump into him or john the aviation world is small that's nice about it and only aviation guys understand what we say and talk the rest think were crazy I think its the other way round not talking aviation is boring for me lol.

MOSPC12
Post Take off checks

Unread post by MOSPC12 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Got this from another SAAF

Springbok212 wrote:

Hi guys, just a "heads up" i have been chosen to fly in that A380 LH572, it will arrive from Frankfurt in Johannesberg and will take on Lufthansa staff and media. It will push from JNB 12h00 with Jurgen Raps at the controls. We will route to FACT where we will meet up with a chase plane and do a few peninsula routes (depending on the wx) This is for pictures of the A380 next to Table mountain. ETA should be 13h20. We wont be landing at FACT ( no ramp or jetway big enough for this aircraft YET)
Enjoy

Can't wait!! :mrgreen:
Winchman
Frequent AvComer

Re: 28th June A380 in cape town! best spot to be? **UPDATE!*

Unread post by Winchman » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:09 pm

Cool thanks! So where do we listen? 118.1 or 125.8 :D
Stuart Burgess

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”