Boeremeisie (C-Wolf) from Vliegmasjien (New SA Aircraft)

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

Warbirdsfly
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAWB FAWK

Boeremeisie (C-Wolf) from Vliegmasjien (New SA Aircraft)

Unread post by Warbirdsfly » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Read an article in the January Airnews on this new aircraft called C-Wolf (nickname Boeremeisie) from a new company called Vliegmasjien, they will be displaying the aircraft at AAD2012!

from http://www.vliegmasjien.co.za

The C-Wolf has been designed as an amphibious bush plane with rough field capability. Fully composite structure eliminates corrosion issues. The safety of the C-Wolf is unrivalled due to the high energy absorption of the structure as well as the integral ballistic chute. The extremely wide cabin is complemented by the 270 degree view to give an exceptional flying experience
Last edited by Warbirdsfly on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warbirdsfly

Rules are made for people who aren't willing to make up their own - Chuck Yeager

In the end everything will be fine. If its not fine its not the end
Warbirdsfly
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAWB FAWK

Re: Boeremeisie from Vliegmasjien (New SA Aircraft)

Unread post by Warbirdsfly » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:43 pm

From the AAD 2012 website:

"ADEPT Airmotive" Joins "VLIEGMASJIEN" at AAD2012, making for an all South Africa Display!

MULTI-AWARD WINNING NEW GENERATION AVIATION ENGINE TO BE FITTED TO "VLIEGMASJIEN's C-Wolf AUV (Airial Utility Vehicle – nicknamed: Boeremeisie)".

Vliegmasjien and ADEPT Airmotive have come to an arrangement making ADEPT Airmotive an "Original Equipment Supplier" to Vliegmasjien. Vliegmasjien has joined the ADEPT Airmotive test programme and placed an order for an ADEPT Airmotive T320 Engine to be fitted to the proto type C-Wolf AUV.

The C-Wolf AUV will be on display at AAD 2012 (South entrance of Hanger 4) and ADEPT Airmotive will be joining Vliegmasjien at its display, making this the 1st truly all South African display featuring the Continents 1st Amphibious Aircraft, designed and built in SA and making use of the Continents 1st locally Developed and Built General Aviation Engine, with Both Companies represented at one display.

ADEPT Airmotive's multi-award winning 320 horsepower engine sets new standards in efficiency and low environmental impact. The engine is designed to use MOGAS, AVGAS or BIOFUEL.

Vliegmasjien based in Gauteng, South Africa has been developing the C-Wolf all composites amphibian bush plane with rough field capability for the past year. This ambitious "Airial Utility Vehicle" design is a first for South Africa.
Warbirdsfly

Rules are made for people who aren't willing to make up their own - Chuck Yeager

In the end everything will be fine. If its not fine its not the end
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home

Re: Boeremeisie (C-Wolf) from Vliegmasjien (New SA Aircraft)

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Aim to fly it in 2030 :?:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Thermalator
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Thermalator » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Let me guess, the same fianciers who did the hamilton airship are doing the ipo
info junkie
JCA
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Krugersdorp

Unread post by JCA » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Thermalator wrote:Let me guess, the same fianciers who did the hamilton airship are doing the ipo
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Jean Crous
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASX

Unread post by Jean Crous » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:20 am

If this venture can bear fruit , so to speak, it will be very good for our economy in the long run, albeit in a "small" way .
Personally i wish them well in their endeavours.
Jean.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
New front seat solo Cubby MK2
Powered by a Rotax 912 engine
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
antonkr
Rolling
Closest Airfield: FASK

Unread post by antonkr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:32 am

Why would one design, build and produce an amphibian LSA in a country that has a severe lack of permanent open tracts of water and no aviation infrastructure where the few open tracts of water might be used for aviation? This is even before one thinks about an OEM that must do configuration management, integration and certification, give through-life-support, certify AMOs and supply end-user licences for at least 20 years, should the whole business focus be on exporting this system to the rest of the world.
I wish them all success and I sincerely hope they did their homework.
Last edited by antonkr on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Antonkr
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Cab

Unread post by StressMerchant » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Over the years I've seen several local design proposals - from the "Springbok" that was going to challenge the Cessnas and Pipers in the 70s, to the 1980's composite bizjets and pusher designs with extending wings, to this one. By and large they all fail before getting anywhere near flight. There is a world of difference between a design concept and a marketable product. Unfortunately with today's technology it is relatively easy to churn out a concept design, complete with fancy 3D models. As with actual flying, sometimes people forget the basics.

HOWEVER, there have been success stories. I'm sure the Sling designers had plenty of negative comments, but they seem to have done very well. We do need innovation to advance, and without people taking the initiative there will never be a local industry.

Personally I don't beilieve that the market would support the C-Wolf design. But good luck to the team, I will be watching with interest to see how this develops.
I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead.
— Charles A. Lindbergh
John Miller
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by John Miller » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:18 am

Stressmerchant said:

sometimes people forget the basics.
I couldn't agree more and this marketing effort falls over as soon as you open the page (I missed the piece in Airnews - don't understand why it wasn't released to the other magazines). The names Boeremeisie and Vliegmasjein are simply wrong if the builders are hoping to market internationally.

There is a lot of marketing expertise out there - even cheap knowledge - can't grasp why it hasn't been tapped. :?
Horizons and discs
Grys Dweizelschidt
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by Grys Dweizelschidt » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:01 am

High thrust line with all those draggy bits down the bottom doesn't make for an efficient design either.
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Prepare to have your arse laminated.
GL
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread post by GL » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:41 am

John Miller wrote:(I missed the piece in Airnews - don't understand why it wasn't released to the other magazines).

When I saw it I laughed it off for the reasons stress merchant listed - nowadays anybody with a bit of CAD experience can design a sexy looking plane - convince me that its more than a schoolboy's fantasy doodle and I will give it space. Our readers expect a bit of discernment and judgement in what we put out there. 8)

PS - The title of this thread is also misleading - its not a new aircraft - its just a sketch of an idea - and an unlikely looking proposal at that.
Uncommon wisdom:
The grand essentials to happiness in this life are:
• someone to love,
• something to do,
• and something to hope for

Guy Leitch
John Miller
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by John Miller » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:11 pm

GL said:

Our readers expect a bit of discernment and judgement in what we put out there.
I have to agree. The aviation media has been led so many long stories by aircraft designers and manufacturers over these past few years, it has become tiresome. Piper is a classic case of the press being misled with the cancellation of the Altaire jet project months after the company was seeking deposits at a 'special price' for those wanting to sign up. The Eclipse was a major media disaster too. Trust is running very thin.

Another obvious question is: :Where is Beechcraft nowadays? Their entire profile in Southern Africa seems to have collapsed like an undercooked soufflé. NAC never stopped promoting the product - not a week would go by without some HBC news from the dealer. Where are they today?

On the home front, we are led to believe, with no substantiation, that Guy Black's Hawker Fury biplane is ex-South African. Now we have the 'Boeremeisie', which is fine in the 'possible' self-designed homebuilt category but as a commercial possibility, it really stretches the imagination. The aviation media has generally responded brilliantly to locally-designed and innovative products but when it comes time to ask some simple progress questions, enquiring messages are suddenly ignored. :? :shock:
Last edited by John Miller on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Horizons and discs
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Grand Central

Unread post by BenSmit » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Agree with antonkr, Why would you want an amphibious aircraft in Africa, especially here where there are limited waterways and environmental legislation that limits contamination between these water bodies, makes no sense at all. good call Guy
Ben Smit
I am not young enough to know everything
(Oscar Wilde)
And
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: FAKR

Unread post by And » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:11 am

When one reads the article on African Piracy in the same Airnews edition, it becomes clear that Vliegmasjien has seen potential where its detractors could not. As for GL's remarks, nice going if you never want their business.
Chris
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Fape

Unread post by Chris » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:25 am

StressMerchant wrote: HOWEVER, there have been success stories. I'm sure the Sling designers had plenty of negative comments, but they seem to have done very well. We do need innovation to advance, and without people taking the initiative there will never be a local industry.
Don't forget the Whisper
Chris Booysen
A ship is safe in a harbour, but that is not what it is built for.

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”