Looking for a project

The leading designer and manufacturer of light and midsize business jets, utility turboprops and single engine aircraft

Moderator: Moderators

Keen2Flyza
Taxiing
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Looking for a project

Unread post by Keen2Flyza » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi Guys

i am at the stage were i want to take on a project with my two boys and someday pass it over to them. i am in no rush to finish anything its just to clear my mind from the everyday B.S .
i do not know what to look for ?
My mind tells me go C150/152 or a Piper 140

Can someone advise which will be cheaper to do and what price range should i consider paying for a project like that ?

Kind regards
Keen2flyza
SaraLima
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASH and Morningstar
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Looking for a project

Unread post by SaraLima » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:21 am

Keen2Flyza wrote:Hi Guys

i am at the stage were i want to take on a project with my two boys and someday pass it over to them. i am in no rush to finish anything its just to clear my mind from the everyday B.S .
i do not know what to look for ?
My mind tells me go C150/152 or a Piper 140

Can someone advise which will be cheaper to do and what price range should i consider paying for a project like that ?

Kind regards
Keen2flyza
Hi K2FZA.. You plus 2 boys = 3 - Remember that a C150/152 (essentially the Piper 140 as well) is a 2 seater So one of you will always be groundbound waving as the other 2 take off. You may come to regret this decision.
Suggest, since it is a project, that you consider one of the "entry-level" 4 seaters - C172, Piper Warrior, Beech Musketeer or similar. (There are a lot of good deals on older aircraft in this category...)

But, If you want to stick to 2 seats, then you may as well stay in the LSA / NTCA category which means that there are a huge spread of options at much better prices (and options) than a type certified aircraft like the Cessnas, Pipers or Beechcraft.

Our comrades here on AVCom are very well suited to give advice on LSA aircraft "project" choices.

That said, my first suggestion is that you learn to fly.. get your licence (LSA) and take it from there. The knowledge and contacts you gain along the way to your licence will also make it much easier for you to choose a project and be able to complete it successfully.

Best of luck
SL
There are three simple rules for making a perfect landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
I was flying in uniform when you were still in liquid form :wink:

Return to “Cessna”