Pics of Pipers taken years ago

Piper Aircfaft including the Rag and Tube Club. Discuss technical matters, parts and accessories, social gatherings, restoration tips and advice.

Moderator: Moderators

John Miller
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Pics of Pipers taken years ago

Unread post by John Miller » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Comanche 260 at 'Schoeman's' airstrip, Hartebeespoort Dam - sixties

& Cherokee Six 260 ZS-EIR at Wonderboom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Horizons and discs
Gilmore

Re: Pics of Pipers taken years ago

Unread post by Gilmore » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi John, I will have a look at the office tom, think I've got a recent pic of ZS-CWG taken at last years EAA event, New Tempe, if not the same a very origanal Comanche. Regards Gilmore
Gilmore

Unread post by Gilmore » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi John, Frans AVPIC took pictures of ZS-WBM last week at EAA Klerksdorp. Very similar color scheme.
Bubi
Ooops forgot to turn the fuel back on!
Closest Airfield: Wings Park

Unread post by Bubi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 pm

My 60 year old ex crop duster, 1952 PA-18A Super Cub ZS-DGI based at Wings Park, beautifully restored by FASH based Chris Langeveld.

Note the interesting old 4 wheel experimental undercarriage system. Apparently was not too successful.

So rewarding seeing an old warrior given a new lease on life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Hartmann
ZS-DGI : 1952 PA18A-150 Piper Super Cub "Gunga Din"
TaylorR
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: East London

Unread post by TaylorR » Thu May 31, 2018 10:46 am

good morning.
does anyone by any chance have a picture of Piper Tripacer ZS CEJ when it was still blue and white. at one time it belonged to Adolf Ferreira , Tempe. Not sure whether or not he was a member, though. thank you. regards. Raine
lothomas
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Springs

Unread post by lothomas » Thu May 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Would anyone by any chance have pictures/log book entries of a Piper Aztec ZS-FVC from the 70's and 80's. (she also had reg ZS-CAP for awhile). I am trying to fill in some gaps on the aircrafts history. My assumptions are that she may have been fitted with Flare Racks and have been involved in some cloud seeding operations back in the day. Tks.
jvdl
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FABL
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by jvdl » Thu May 09, 2019 6:53 pm

lothomas wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:48 pm
Would anyone by any chance have pictures/log book entries of a Piper Aztec ZS-FVC from the 70's and 80's. (she also had reg ZS-CAP for awhile). I am trying to fill in some gaps on the aircrafts history. My assumptions are that she may have been fitted with Flare Racks and have been involved in some cloud seeding operations back in the day. Tks.
Do you mean a picture from the 70s / 80s or just referring to the plane that was active back then?

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8992680
"A man provided with paper, pencil, and rubber, and subject to strict discipline, is in effect a universal machine." - Alan Turing

Open Aircraft Register: https://aircraftregister.co.za <-- :!: Intermittent uptime due to load shedding :!:
jvdl
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FABL
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by jvdl » Thu May 09, 2019 6:56 pm

From the Dave Becker collection, there is this one.
"A man provided with paper, pencil, and rubber, and subject to strict discipline, is in effect a universal machine." - Alan Turing

Open Aircraft Register: https://aircraftregister.co.za <-- :!: Intermittent uptime due to load shedding :!:
lothomas
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Springs

Unread post by lothomas » Fri May 10, 2019 10:07 am

Tks for the pictures. To answer the question asked- In particular I am looking for photos of the aircraft during that time i.e. 70's & 80's. Pre Internet and digital age so probably in slide or print form somewhere. Also looking for the logbooks from 1970 through to 1985. tks

Return to “Piper”