- Posts: 158
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:46 pm
- Closest Airfield: Morningstar
- Has liked: 3 times
- Been liked: 0
We have a C182D, which a lot of you may know (ZS-CRO) . It has been fitted with larger main wheels and tyres, but the nose wheel is teh same. Now I have 2 questions:
1) do you need an STC for fitting larger main wheels ? I saw a reference to an STC for this in the USA.
2) we still have the original small nose wheel on. We bought the plane in this configuration, but it does not make sense to me. Either all 3 should be larger or none. Especially as the nose wheel is the most sensistive on rough strips etc.
Pls let me know your thoughst on this.
All the best,
- 10000 and still climbing
- Posts: 17385
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:17 pm
- Closest Airfield: OR Tambo
- Location: Atlasville.
- Has liked: 1042 times
- Been liked: 358 times