Show us your Workshop

General tips, techniques, hints, tools and the also where can I find it? We cover both construction and maintenance submissions.

Moderator: Moderators

bosvark
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Rhinopark
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Show us your Workshop

Unread post by bosvark » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:24 pm

JeanTree wrote::wink: :wink: Hey Hawkerdriver, it seems as if there are no more aircraft projects being built :lol: :mrgreen:
Come on guys, show a leg .......eerrmm........a plane there :lol: :lol:
Jean.
Rumour has it that there is another VP in progress somewhere in the bushveld. :?: :?:
Evans VP 1 ZU - VPI (Work in progress)
Jean Crous
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASX
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Jean Crous » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:05 pm

bosvark wrote:
JeanTree wrote::wink: :wink: Hey Hawkerdriver, it seems as if there are no more aircraft projects being built :lol: :mrgreen:
Jean.
Rumour has it that there is another VP in progress somewhere in the bushveld. :?: :?:
So Bosvark , was it just a rumour?? Has nobody anything new to add to this thread?
Jean.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
New front seat solo Cubby MK2
Powered by a Rotax 912 engine
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
bosvark
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Rhinopark

Unread post by bosvark » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:57 pm

JeanTree wrote:
bosvark wrote:
Jean.
So Bosvark , was it just a rumour?? Has nobody anything new to add to this thread?
Jean.
No rumour, but then you know that, as you have met the perpetrator. I was fishing for a response but as that didn't work.....I hope I don't get bliksem'd. [-o<

Tobie :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: , you can't hide forever. Set you camera to it's lowest pixel setting and show us some photies. Or people will think I am a liar.
Evans VP 1 ZU - VPI (Work in progress)
Jean Crous
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASX
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Jean Crous » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:56 pm

:shock: :shock: TOBIAS...........so by my koolkop..........wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr is daai foties :?: :?: :?:
Jean.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
New front seat solo Cubby MK2
Powered by a Rotax 912 engine
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
tobias
Preflighting

Unread post by tobias » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:04 am

Hi guys
Ok Ok I will have to bail you out Eddie, you are a member in good standing and I do declare, not capable of lying.... the pictures are there but I only have acces to internet at work and our firewall (or what ever )does not allow me to upload pictures to this site, I have tried many times. Jean, since you are the main instigator on this thread if it is ok with you I will send you a couple of pictures to your E-Mail and you could then post it. just send me your E-mail adress.
Bou daai ding !!!
Mynard
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by Mynard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:07 am

Howdy All

I'm a fairly new avcommer and thought it a good time to start posting as well.

I've recently decided on a rebuilding project, so prepped my little workshop with the help of my wife, who is also excited about our little rebuild project. From what I've read on the forum it's good to have buy in from the other half if you plan to out the other side of airplane projects as a still married person, hehe..

Anyway, here's some pics of my workshop prep and my little project beginnings.

Obviuosly any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mynard...
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jayson v Schalkwyk
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Himeville

Unread post by Jayson v Schalkwyk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 am

Its not every day we see a partenavia in a workshop.

Well done. Keep us all posted. Maybe you could start a partenavia thread and your rebuild progress under the aircraft specific thread.

(Wish my little woman would help paint a tool board [-( )
Jayson van Schalkwyk

A pilot's professionalism is judged by how he flies when nobody is looking
Scotsman
Stressed Eric ain't got nothing on me
Closest Airfield: Bankstown

Unread post by Scotsman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 am

Mynard wrote:Howdy All

I'm a fairly new avcommer and thought it a good time to start posting as well.

I've recently decided on a rebuilding project, so prepped my little workshop with the help of my wife, who is also excited about our little rebuild project. From what I've read on the forum it's good to have buy in from the other half if you plan to out the other side of airplane projects as a still married person, hehe..

Anyway, here's some pics of my workshop prep and my little project beginnings.

Obviuosly any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mynard...
image.jpg
image.jpg
Wow...wasn't expecting that as a project! Is the clock with your children on there to remind you not to spend too long away from them in the garage?
James Roberts, Bankstown Airport, Sydney, Australia
PPL (H) and lapsed PPL (A)
Mynard
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Mynard » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah, was gona build a Cozy mk IV at first, but then had Thís bright idea... The kids are a bit older than on the clock now so I'm getting them involved at some stages as well. Lucky they are also very enthusiastic about aviation. So this is turning into a bit of a family project.

I'm obviously doing the bulk of the work, and turned the rest into tool handlers and moral support team... Hehe
Scotsman

Unread post by Scotsman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:23 am

It certainly is a bright idea and to have the family on board. What sort of work do you have to do to get it airworthy...complete strip down or just inspection and isolated repair?
Mynard
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Mynard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:33 pm

I feel better about a complete strip down. I've already completely stripped the one airframe and am planning to start with the second airframe on the weekend.

I only have a logbook for one of the airframes and that has only got 2266hrs on it. so that might be the best one to start with as there's allot more known information on it, and absolutely no visible corrosion on any of the surfaces. I'm still having to find out if I could register the a/c in the NTCA category as it's going to be for private use only and I never intend to sell it for a profit or to use it commercially, but that is all in the hands of the SACAA.

once I have all my ducks in a row and both fuselages stripped and X-Rayed and approved for rebuild I will start a thread where I can update my progress for those that are interested to follow and comment and hopefully assist with their experience. being the first time I'm rebuilding a aircraft I'm sure to need all the help and info I can get.

~M~
Scotsman

Unread post by Scotsman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Sounds like a plan....will the CAA accept anything else other than NTCA if you are not an AMO (assuming that you are not already)? Would be good to get clarification upfront as the CAA might be difficult on this one. Going to be an awesome project and plane to own!
Mynard
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Mynard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi guys

My idea was to try register it as NTCA as I'm not an AMO. I am however a perfectionist, especially when it comes to taking my life into my own hands, hehehe. I will start my Partenavia thread as soon as I can get clarity from the CAA.

I spoke to Braam at the NTCA division on Friday and it seems like I'm going to face a few Regulatory problems on this one :-(

This being a TC aircraft, it's gona be real difficult to reg it as NTCA. So far I've logged 20hours of work on the project, doing a complete strip down and photo cataloging as well as writing detailed descriptions of what I've found into a hard cover workshop logbook. I got the template for this from my Father-in-law, who is in the aviation manufacturing and building industry, so I know my documentation and class of work will at least hold up to international standards.

Being a personal project that I never intend to re-sell, I wanted to replace the power plants with either rotary 20B engines with the necessary PSRU's or the Adept Airmotive 280hp nasp motors, and also build a new glass cockpit with MGL and maybe a Garmin 430w, leaving three steam gauges in the console for backup (ASI,VSI,ALT)

So yeah I have a well thought out master plan and don't intend to take any shortcuts as far as the rebuild process goes, all I can hope now is that the CAA will allow me to do all this. If not I've just bought myself a real nice garden ornament.

Please hold thumbs guys, I'm busy putting my plan into an e-mail to them to hopefully convince them to give me the go ahead.

Mynard..
GERMAN
HASSELL checks
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by GERMAN » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:02 pm

8-[ 8-[ :? :?
Mynard
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by Mynard » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:13 pm

well .. I was all excited about starting a new thread and updating everyone as I go along on my rebuild but alas it still seems as if it might not happen :( :( I have sent a comprehensive email to the Powers-that-Be (CAA - NTCA) and have not yet had any reply.

So at this point I'm apprehensive about spending more prepping time on my project if these guys are going to end up stopping me in my tracks. I mean having an AMO do the work takes away the basic idea of my own project. in which case I'll have it up for grabs to anyone who would be interested in having a P68 built for themselves.

Still holding thumbs though, it would be really sad to have to give up due to circumstances beyond my control.

cross your fingers guys ...

Mynard ...

Return to “Building and Maintaining Aircraft”