***Scammer***

Motorbikes, property, electronics and non flying kitchen sinks to be placed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
No commercial adverts please (If your intended post is of a commercial nature, then please follow this link and read BEFORE you post : http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=54617) .If you are advertising for a friend - the ad must contain the owners contact details. If you wish to advertise in the commercial section: - email ads@avcom.co.za for more information. Model Aircraft have their own section - any posted here will be deleted.
Michel1750
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: Potchefstroom
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

***Scammer***

Unread post by Michel1750 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Item(s) description:***SCAMMER***
Sorry to inform anyone who sees this. But there is scum in the world and unfortunately this particular piece of scum targeted me.
I had placed an add on the Non aviation classifieds that I was looking for some wheels as a present for my dad's 2.5 GTV6 Alfa that we are in the process of restoring .
A guy contacted me claiming to be Jan Hendrik Potgieter. He said he had a set of wheels for me, so naturally I was interested. Long story short received a photo of them and he send a picture of "his" ID. So I thought he might be trustworthy. Nevertheless not the case. When asked for the tracking number of the shipment no reply, numerous calls from different numbers no response.
ID number: 7205055002081 (probably someone else who was also scammed) not sure how to upload the picture.
Phone Number used: 078 499 6624
Induna
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FASD
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 121 times

Re: ***Scammer***

Unread post by Induna » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Michel1750 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05 pm
Sorry to inform anyone who sees this. But there is scum in the world and unfortunately this particular piece of scum targeted me.
I had placed an add on the Non aviation classifieds that I was looking for some wheels as a present for my dad's 2.5 GTV6 Alfa that we are in the process of restoring .
A guy contacted me claiming to be Jan Hendrik Potgieter. He said he had a set of wheels for me, so naturally I was interested. Long story short received a photo of them and he send a picture of "his" ID. So I thought he might be trustworthy. Nevertheless not the case. When asked for the tracking number of the shipment no reply, numerous calls from different numbers no response.
ID number: 7205055002081 (probably someone else who was also scammed) not sure how to upload the picture.
A scammer will never give his ID to you. Most likely its a copy of another person (the real Jan Hendrik) which he sent to you to appear trustworthy. Oldest trick in the book... if someone sends you his “ID” then its 99% a scammer
Jacques van der Westhuizen
ZS-WSW | Sonerai 2L
ZU-RHT | Magni Gyro M18 Spartan
Heineman
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: MRF Pretoria
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Heineman » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:18 am

What part of No ewallet do you not understand???
Turbinator, Snowbird, L39, Scorpion, Iskra, Bandit, Rookie, Viper, A10x, Elan, Dolphin
Heineman
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Heineman » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:41 am

Michel1750 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05 pm
Please pay attention Trade Watch follow the link
viewforum.php?f=331
Turbinator, Snowbird, L39, Scorpion, Iskra, Bandit, Rookie, Viper, A10x, Elan, Dolphin
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 243 times

Unread post by Roger » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:11 am

This guys details are listed on two other posts as well as https://traderwatch.org/

If individuals are not going to use the tools and information provided by others who have already suffered a loss, in an attempt to assist safer trading, not sure posts like these add any value any longer.
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
Heineman
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Heineman » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 am

Roger wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:11 am
This guys details are listed on two other posts as well as https://traderwatch.org/

If individuals are not going to use the tools and information provided by others who have already suffered a loss, in an attempt to assist safer trading, not sure posts like these add any value any longer.
The problem is with new members they do not pay attention They first need to pay Trade Watch Tax :lol: It is bad.
Uno Turbo
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: George
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Uno Turbo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:23 pm

It is sad these days that we cannot trust each other for a deal. and it is getting worse by the day. For the last year maybe longer I prefer doing face to face deals and handing over cash. If for some reason reason its in a different town I prefer dealing with a friend nearby or in the actual town of I do have a contact there to pay and collect. Then I arrange the courier on my behalf to me.

Really sad and pathetic.
ZUBZ
Engine full power confirmed
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Been liked: 0

Unread post by ZUBZ » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:46 pm

The worst part of this is the good guys also are not trusted.
Hate these bastards

Return to “Non aviation items”