Clarity

Members of SAMAA have volunteered to monitor this forum from time to time. Please read the Terms & Conditions of it's use in the announcement within the forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesparado
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Not saying
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 31 times

Clarity

Unread post by Vesparado » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:02 am

SAAMA officials,

Would it be possible , at the very least ,to give an indication that you as an organization,are aware of the following topic?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=130684

Whether the collective "you" prefer to comment remains irrelevant at this stage!

Regards,

Ves
SAMAA Nr.: 13958.
I say,Fly It like you stole it!
LionelBrink
Steep Turn Left
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Clarity

Unread post by LionelBrink » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi Vesperado,

1. We are dealing with the issue of the Newsletter - at this time the Newsletter cannot make the budget approved by the 2013 AGM & the Editor was formally informed of such. The Editor was also informed in writing in November that a full review would be performed after the Dec edition - and this report is being reviewed by the SMC & will be actioned shortly. For the record the SMC never asked for a 12 page edition, so I am not sure where the Editor has got his information from - but I can assure you that this is being looked into.

2. The requirements of the Insurer take precedence over guidelines established by any MOP. If the MOP can be incorrectly interpreted, then this will be addressed asap.

3. An audit is underway of the F3A WC. At this time a provisional shortfall of R40k has been identified across the R1.5m+ operations, & the SIGs have provisionally agreed to refund this over time to ensure that general SAMAA members are NOT affected as per the AGM notes. All equipment etc, that was purchased on the loan from SAMAA have been returned to the office for use or sale to offset the loan.

Good day,
Lionel
I just wanna fly
Vesparado
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Not saying
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Vesparado » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Ves :mrgreen:
I say,Fly It like you stole it!
timmy
Airborne from Unmanned field

Unread post by timmy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:12 pm

LionelBrink wrote:Hi Vesperado,

1. We are dealing with the issue of the Newsletter - at this time the Newsletter cannot make the budget approved by the 2013 AGM & the Editor was formally informed of such. The Editor was also informed in writing in November that a full review would be performed after the Dec edition - and this report is being reviewed by the SMC & will be actioned shortly. For the record the SMC never asked for a 12 page edition, so I am not sure where the Editor has got his information from - but I can assure you that this is being looked into.

2. The requirements of the Insurer take precedence over guidelines established by any MOP. If the MOP can be incorrectly interpreted, then this will be addressed asap.

3. An audit is underway of the F3A WC. At this time a provisional shortfall of R40k has been identified across the R1.5m+ operations, & the SIGs have provisionally agreed to refund this over time to ensure that general SAMAA members are NOT affected as per the AGM notes. All equipment etc, that was purchased on the loan from SAMAA have been returned to the office for use or sale to offset the loan.

Good day,
Lionel
By SIGs do you mean the SIG involved or all the SIGs?

Tim
How can i soar like an eagle when i work with turkeys!
Mike Brews
Heli Pilot agrees to buy Super.
Closest Airfield: Barnstormers

Unread post by Mike Brews » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi Tim,

In the SAMAA News 2/14 Marthinus states very clearly that it is all the SIGs.

Please give me a call after Thursday's SMC meeting and I will give you an update on the matter.

Kind regards

Mike
Kind Regards
Mike Brews
074 303 1533
brews.mike@gmail.com
"Aviation, like the sea, is not inherently dangerous; but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect"
timmy

Unread post by timmy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 am

Mike Brews wrote:Hi Tim,

In the SAMAA News 2/14 Marthinus states very clearly that it is all the SIGs.

Please give me a call after Thursday's SMC meeting and I will give you an update on the matter.

Kind regards

Mike
Mmmmm, can't see why the other sigs should pay for what I assume is MAASA's baby.

Tim
danie.e
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by danie.e » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Timmy,

Are you living in South Africa brother? here we incur costs without consultation and then afterwards make the people pay - does SANRAL for instance ring a bell?
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
timmy

Unread post by timmy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:57 pm

So every time I enter a funfly comp. (funfly SIG gets its funds from comps, no paying to belong to the Sig AND paying for comps.) I am paying for somebody else's blunder???????? somehow doesn't seem right does it?
Mike Brews
Heli Pilot agrees to buy Super.
Closest Airfield: Barnstormers

Unread post by Mike Brews » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi timmy

I asked for and received clarity on the matter of the Worlds held by MAASA. The SIGS all agreed that they would carry the costs of the shortfall. So the statement that the SIGS are paying for it is a fact.

Kind regards

Mike
Kind Regards
Mike Brews
074 303 1533
brews.mike@gmail.com
"Aviation, like the sea, is not inherently dangerous; but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect"
danie.e
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by danie.e » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:57 am

Do not want to be disrespectful, nor trying to stir but was this the SIG representatives that made the commitment, or was the matter taken to the various SIG membership for a vote?

If Timmy is a member of any SIG, then either he was not present at such meeting or alternatively his SIG membership was not consulted and the decision taken by a single individual.
Danie.e
S.A. Agent for CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
Club of One
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Himeville

Unread post by Club of One » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Gentlemen,

The matter " F3a World Championship - 2013 " has been finalised and will not be regurgitated, period.
The settlement of the shortfall has been made and no one SIG has been held to "ransom".

To all the AVCOM readers, I wish to clearly state that the MAASA did NOT have a hand to play in or during the event.
An autonomous Committee was formed, under the auspices of all the appropriate authorities within the entire spectrum of South African Sporting Governence.

I rest the case.

Arthur Eggar.
Chairman - MAASA.

'Till later. 8)
Flying is no longer a drug, there is turning back.
Beware of e-mail scams, NEVER, click onto something you are unsure of.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.
timmy

Unread post by timmy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:41 pm

Club of One wrote:Gentlemen,

The matter " F3a World Championship - 2013 " has been finalised and will not be regurgitated, period.
The settlement of the shortfall has been made and no one SIG has been held to "ransom".

To all the AVCOM readers, I wish to clearly state that the MAASA did NOT have a hand to play in or during the event.
An autonomous Committee was formed, under the auspices of all the appropriate authorities within the entire spectrum of South African Sporting Governence.

I rest the case.

Arthur Eggar.
Chairman - MAASA.

'Till later. 8)
Thanks for the answer, surely I, and all SIG (and SAMAA) members have a right to know how their money is used, be it entrance fees for comps, or membership fees for the various SIG's.
I am sorry if you feel that I am "regurgitating" this topic but at no point was I approached by any representative of the SIG's i am a member of regarding how I feel about how my money is being used. As Danie suggests, this was a decision obviously taken by individual representatives of the sig's without consultation of the respective members.

Tim
Club of One
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Himeville

Unread post by Club of One » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi Tim,

I will try and lay your concerns to rest about the use of SAMAA and or any SIG membership funds.

All the SIG Chairpersons and Committees respectively, have been elected to those positions by their memberships and their memberships, by their votes of choice and confidence, have given them the mandates to manage the affairs of those respective SIGs, responsibly, accountably and in the interests and for the growth of the sport/recreation. At no time will any membership monies be spent on anything, without full approval of or from the Committees.
If I may single out the SIG I Chair as an example to give credence to what I am saying, anyone may go onto the MAASA web site ( http://www.maasa.co.za ), follow the links, find the minutes of our meetings and accompanying those minutes are current financials for the SIG. We keep a transparent record of our management of all matters MAASA.

I hope this clears the air.

Thank You,
Arthur Eggar.
Flying is no longer a drug, there is turning back.
Beware of e-mail scams, NEVER, click onto something you are unsure of.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.
danie.e
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by danie.e » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:01 am

Sorry for the hijack:

Arthur, you wrote:-

"All the SIG Chairpersons and Committees respectively, have been elected to those positions by their memberships and their memberships, by their votes of choice and confidence, have given them the mandates to manage the affairs of those respective SIGs, responsibly, accountably and in the interests and for the growth of the sport/recreation. At no time will any membership monies be spent on anything, without full approval of or from the Committees"

I agree with all you said except for one thing: Spending of other people's money. I have noticed through many years of being a membef of various clubs and organisations that committees tend to believe their mandate includes spending large amounts of money WITHOUT consulting their members. I have for that reason always did my best to have a clause written into their respective constitutions that committee members are only mandated to spend the required amount of money required for the day to day running expenses of the organisation. This amount determined by the membership at each A.G.M. - ANY other expense MUST be first mandated by the membership of the club or organisation.

As far as I am concerned, NONE of the Chairpersons OR committee members had the right to allocate SIG money towards the shortfall without the approval of their respective memberships which seems blatantly clear has happened, judging from Timmy's response.

I hope that all SIG members take heed to this issue. Nothing can be done about what happened but members should build in safeguards to prevent such activities in future. I know of a club that sat burdened with very large debt because of a committee that believed they could spend money at will "because the members elected them"

I suspect there are many more people that feel the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Danie.e
timmy

Unread post by timmy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:49 am

danie.e wrote:Sorry for the hijack:

Arthur, you wrote:-

"All the SIG Chairpersons and Committees respectively, have been elected to those positions by their memberships and their memberships, by their votes of choice and confidence, have given them the mandates to manage the affairs of those respective SIGs, responsibly, accountably and in the interests and for the growth of the sport/recreation. At no time will any membership monies be spent on anything, without full approval of or from the Committees"

I agree with all you said except for one thing: Spending of other people's money. I have noticed through many years of being a membef of various clubs and organisations that committees tend to believe their mandate includes spending large amounts of money WITHOUT consulting their members. I have for that reason always did my best to have a clause written into their respective constitutions that committee members are only mandated to spend the required amount of money required for the day to day running expenses of the organisation. This amount determined by the membership at each A.G.M. - ANY other expense MUST be first mandated by the membership of the club or organisation.

As far as I am concerned, NONE of the Chairpersons OR committee members had the right to allocate SIG money towards the shortfall without the approval of their respective memberships which seems blatantly clear has happened, judging from Timmy's response.

I hope that all SIG members take heed to this issue. Nothing can be done about what happened but members should build in safeguards to prevent such activities in future. I know of a club that sat burdened with very large debt because of a committee that believed they could spend money at will "because the members elected them"

I suspect there are many more people that feel the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My point exactly, I have no problem with the sig's elected representatives spending my (our) money in the day to day running expenses of the respective SIG, but surely this particular expense (the shortfall) is NOT a 'usual' expense but decidedly unusual. I simply feel that using SIG members money to pay for such a large shortfall should at least have been put to the members for a vote.

Oh, and the burning question at the back of my, and I am sure a lot of other members minds is why was there such a large shortfall?

Tim

Return to “Ask SAMAA”