Clarity

Members of SAMAA have volunteered to monitor this forum from time to time. Please read the Terms & Conditions of it's use in the announcement within the forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Gary Lees
Lining Up - unmanned
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Clarity

Unread post by Gary Lees » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:08 pm

I heard yesterday that the fun fly masters have been cancelled due to the SIG grant not being received and the SIG does not have the money to run the event. (Info received by fun fly participants) who stated that they know nothing about the payments by the SIG's for the F3A Worlds.

All I know is that there are a hell of a lot of unhappy people out there (understatement).

I was crapped on by PM by someone on/was on the SAMAA about publishing things I know nothing about, well as Timmy said, why all the secrecy. Get the answers to this thread published here so that we all can know what is going on and we can comment with an informed view, otherwise, the speculation and unhappiness will continue.

Just my thoughts, use them, don't use them, but remember for every action there will be a reaction. Decision is yours.
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by tanglefoot » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Gary Lees wrote:I heard yesterday that the fun fly masters have been cancelled due to the SIG grant not being received and the SIG does not have the money to run the event. (Info received by fun fly participants) who stated that they know nothing about the payments by the SIG's for the F3A Worlds.

All I know is that there are a hell of a lot of unhappy people out there (understatement).

I was crapped on by PM by someone on/was on the SAMAA about publishing things I know nothing about, well as Timmy said, why all the secrecy. Get the answers to this thread published here so that we all can know what is going on and we can comment with an informed view, otherwise, the speculation and unhappiness will continue.

Just my thoughts, use them, don't use them, but remember for every action there will be a reaction. Decision is yours.
In order to receive a SIG grant you need to submit the following to SAMAA:
1. A full report on your last Nationals published in the SAMAA news
2. Minutes of your last AGM.
3. Your budget for the next financial year.
4. Your events calendar being up to date and published on the SAMAA website.
5. Your web site being up to date
6. A detailed invoice made out to SAMAA from your SIG detailing for which financial year it is.
If the above requirements were met then I don't know what the problem could have been.
Wings are for fairies. Runways are for models...........................................
Don't get caught by Business Directory Scams. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/55011156703/
Historical info on stopwbd.za.org
Mike Brews
Heli Pilot agrees to buy Super.
Closest Airfield: Barnstormers
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Mike Brews » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 pm

The fact of the matter is that the money was paid late due to a number of issues pertaining to
1. A full report on your last Nationals published in the SAMAA news
2. Minutes of your last AGM.
3. Your budget for the next financial year.
4. Your events calendar being up to date and published on the SAMAA website.
5. Your web site being up to date
6. A detailed invoice made out to SAMAA from your SIG detailing for which financial year it is.

The SIG committee resigning. We are trying to salvage the Master and at the same time get the matter sorted once and for all.

Kind regards

Mike
Kind Regards
Mike Brews
074 303 1533
brews.mike@gmail.com
"Aviation, like the sea, is not inherently dangerous; but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect"

Return to “Ask SAMAA”