SAMAA News and Views

Members of SAMAA have volunteered to monitor this forum from time to time. Please read the Terms & Conditions of it's use in the announcement within the forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 247 times

Re: SAMAA News and Views

Unread post by Roger » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Not sure where your numbers come from Peter regarding the ezine? Putting an electronic copy on a service such as dropbox or even samaa web has no real cost. To download it is also negligible cost to a member. Lets say it was a 10 meg download, at say even an expensive isp of R29 per gig, it is cents to download.
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
clivem
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: howick
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by clivem » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:58 am

just as importantly - what was bob doing previously in those 10 days now used to do a magazine - well other samaa related tasks i guess - these presumably are now not being done ???
its just my opinion, but doesnt bob have enough to do without being lumped now with publishing a magazine too ???

its all just a big mess
#IamImac
Current Sponsors : Powerbox-systems, GP Engines, Falcon Propellors, Savox Servos, G-Force Pilots

http://www.cmchobbies.co.za
Klaas
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Nelspruit
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Klaas » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:51 am

Dit is nie 'n permanente reëling dat Bob die tydskrif gaan doen nie. Daar word ondersoek ingestel na 'n ander persoon wat dit sal doen.
DC→AC™ Ω ♪♫♪ Hoë Spanning ♫♪♫ ℅ Elektries Onbeperk Δ → ∞ Voorsprong deur tegnologie ☼ №① ... ҉. ∞∞∞∞. ҉
Peter Joffe
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Durban Deep

Unread post by Peter Joffe » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Dear SAMAA Members with regards to #4 of the post from Mike Brews I wish to set the record straight. It was not I who escalated this to AeCSA, is was Brink and his SMC that did this. Please read Brink's extensive tirade against me in the first issue of SAMAA News for 2014 and you will see that Brink says that he copied the Aeroclub with all my 'crimes'. I took the opportunity to set the record straight and presented my evidence to AeCSA who have looked carefully into it and found me blameless to the charges of fabricating sales figures and has audited reports to substantiate this. The Brink SMC simply ignored my factual evidence and there was nowhere else to go other than to the police. See the AeCSA report elsewhere in this blog. To date the SMC have not accepted that what Brink and by association the entire Brink SMC did to me and accused my of was baseless and untrue. Yes I discarded the so called 'money saving' 'budget' because it was ridiculous and not possible and now it is for all to see that the newsletter as a full advert supported newsletter has been destroyed as I predicted. I produced a newsletter and each time it did not cost the members more than the Budgeted R8.00 per member per issue and this was for the postage and mailing only. Now it is ruined and as you can see, if you have been lucky enough to get a posted copy it carries very little advertising so guess who has to pay the bill? Yes YOU the members. Under my watch advert sales always covered all costs other than the postage's and mailing as had been agreed many times by past SMC's. Brink is no more but I am still painted with the false accusations!!Justice needs to be done but to date it appears that sweeping this under the carpet is the best option for the new SMC that consists of 4 members of the previous Brink SMC??? October 2014 will be a year since these false accusations were made against me and 10 months since I disproved all of them but the SMC were blind and would not see..
!
clivem
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by clivem » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:11 pm

still waiting for a pdf copy of the newsletter - doesnt get easier than a pdf - this other e-zine thing is a real pain!
http://issuu.com/samaanews/docs/samaa_news_issue_3
#IamImac
Current Sponsors : Powerbox-systems, GP Engines, Falcon Propellors, Savox Servos, G-Force Pilots

danie.e
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 257 times

Unread post by danie.e » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:32 pm

Guess I will not be doing any future advertising for the simple reason that not all members can open and read the E-magazine so I am not getting the same exposure as before when we had a hard copy.

I suspect some other dealers will be making the same decision

Bring back the hard copy
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
Klaas
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Klaas » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Los die papier boek en gee vir ons 'n elektroniese weergawe. Ek het die naweek gesoek na 'n uitgawe met 'n spesifieke artikel wat ek nie kon opspoor nie. Op die rekenaar is alles op een plek.

Viva die pdf.
DC→AC™ Ω ♪♫♪ Hoë Spanning ♫♪♫ ℅ Elektries Onbeperk Δ → ∞ Voorsprong deur tegnologie ☼ №① ... ҉. ∞∞∞∞. ҉
Mike Brews
Heli Pilot agrees to buy Super.
Closest Airfield: Barnstormers

Unread post by Mike Brews » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:41 pm

All Members,

We are looking into publishing the New Letter in a PDF as a matter of urgency. Don't despair, I too have issues with ISSUU

Kind regards

Mike
Kind Regards
Mike Brews
074 303 1533
brews.mike@gmail.com
"Aviation, like the sea, is not inherently dangerous; but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect"
Gary Lees
Lining Up - unmanned
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Gary Lees » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:18 am

Good day all,
I am attaching a PDF file on how to save the magazine to PDF on your PC.

Enjoy.
Mike Brews
Heli Pilot agrees to buy Super.
Closest Airfield: Barnstormers

Unread post by Mike Brews » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks Gary, I will try it and maybe I can read the news letter :D
Kind Regards
Mike Brews
074 303 1533
brews.mike@gmail.com
"Aviation, like the sea, is not inherently dangerous; but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect"
Klaas
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Klaas » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Ek het nou die PDF weergawe van Bob af ontvang en die zip leër is slegs 4MB groot. Die kwaliteit van die nuusbrief is goed en foto’s en skrif kan gemaklik gekopieer word. Daar was ‘n paar foute gemaak met die ISSUU weergawe soos foto’s wat net so groot van die kamera af geneem is en geplaas is, dit is hoekom dit 42MB groot was. Dit is ‘n leer proses wat darem vinnig reggestel is.

Al die adverteerders se webtuiste adresse en e-pos adresse kan op ge-klik word en dit gaan dadelik na die betrokke adres. Doen dit met 'n papier boek. Dit is nou vir my baie makliker om met die betrokke adverteerder te kommunikeer teenoor die boek wat ek alles moet oor tik, so vir beide my en die adverteerder is dit voordelig.
garethbarry
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: lion park

Unread post by garethbarry » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:33 am

As a new members, I have no experience of the previous newsletter, so I cannot make an objective comparison. However given the choice, I would far rather a pdf file. Don't most people have a smart phone or tablet of some kind? All my reading is done in this way. Side note, I predict glossy magazines to become obsolete in the near future.
Klaas
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Klaas » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:44 am

Vroeër jare het ek gereeld verskillende tydskrifte gekoop soos Landbouweekblad, Car en paar RC tydskrifte. Vandat alles op internet beskikbaar is koop ek nie meer tydskrifte nie tensy daar iets besonders daarin is wat ek wil hê. Ek weet ook van min RC ouens wat nog tydskrifte koop, hoekom sal hulle as alles op die net beskikbaar is.

Sovêr advertensies aangaan, as die adverteerder sy aanbieding elektronies spesifiek maak sal hy baie meer aandag trek. Ek het dadelik toe ek die 4MB PDF ontvang dit vir omtrent 10 ander ouens wat nie SAMAA is en dus nie die tydskrif ontvang het nie, aangestuur. Dadelik is die blootstelling per advertensie meer.
clivem
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by clivem » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:18 pm

the reality - how many modellers are under the age of 50 ?? and like using their smartphones to read all that big font
#IamImac

Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 247 times

Unread post by Roger » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:28 pm

I could not read that last section Clive. It made me dizzy looking through the magnifying glass.
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.

Return to “Ask SAMAA”