proficiency notifications

Members of SAMAA have volunteered to monitor this forum from time to time. Please read the Terms & Conditions of it's use in the announcement within the forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BobD
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: rand airport
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

proficiency notifications

Unread post by BobD » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:04 pm

I read with interest the Ballito samaa proficiency club day, a big up to you chaps for organising the day. But what I thought when I saw you invited other clubs was, why was this not advertised on avcom or the samaa calender. I would like to do my proficiency ratings and have approached my club and they are keen, but there are probably only 2 of us that want to do it. Now my suggestion to samaa is post proficiency testing days on active forums and the samaa calendar and you will probably have a few schmuchs like me joining. I did a search on ask samaa using proficiency as keyword and got 75 results, not one date of when or where I can come along. Mike brews this one is aimed at you, as so far you are the most approachable samaa official yet. I checked the samaa calender not one proficiency day. Bob complained in the last samaa news letter about falling samaa numbers, yes you have a problem and the economy is not it, you want more proficient pilots that want to hold on to their ratings (ie membership) do a simple thing like post inter club proficiency tests. OK rant over. Hat, coat, door. :D
Natural stupidity beats Artificial intelligence every time
Mike Brews
Heli Pilot agrees to buy Super.
Closest Airfield: Barnstormers
Been liked: 0

Re: proficiency notifications

Unread post by Mike Brews » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:54 am

Hi BobD,

Thank you for your very positive comments. The matter of it being SAMAA proficiency testing needs a bit of clarity. Proficiency testing is at club level. SAMAA can assist by arranging the correctly rated judges to be made available for the club.

I will take it up with the SIGs and Clubs in the new year and post on both the AvCom and the SAMAA web sites the relevant information about which club can assist in ratings. There are so many ratings that I get dizzy looking at them.

Once again thanks for the positive feedback. You are free to contact me at any time, my details are in my signature.

Kind regards

Mike
Kind Regards
Mike Brews
074 303 1533
brews.mike@gmail.com
"Aviation, like the sea, is not inherently dangerous; but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect"
BobD
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: rand airport
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by BobD » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Hey Mike. My compliments yet again. The proficiencies I was going on about is not the SIG proficiency testing, but that would be great if those would be postedt. If you could post the solo to gold proficiency dates on the samaa website that would be a huge plus. I realise the clubs drive this intiative but there needs to be a means to find the information for the park flyers and non club guys, it can only be good for the hobby. I think more pilots would get their ratings. Around me there are probably 20 clubs, that I would drive out to to do my test but I don't know when. My little club doesn't have the membership that wants to do the tests, so I just don't know where I can go to get the rating. I am happy to organise a day of testing, if the pilots coming are happy to land on a 1,5m wide runway. Thank you for making samaa accessible to the Rc pilots , appreciate your feedback.
Natural stupidity beats Artificial intelligence every time
Klaas
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Nelspruit

Unread post by Klaas » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Bob,

Daar word nie deur SAMAA 'n spesifieke kalender met spesifieke dae opgestel vir vlieënier toetse nie, sommige klubs mag dit dalk doen. Gewoonlik, as die persoon voel hy het genoeg geoefen en is gereed om getoets te word, dan reël hy met die klub instrukteurs om getoets te word. As jy die oggend by die klub opdaag en daar is instrukteurs beskikbaar om jou te toets en jy vra daarvoor, kan jy net daar en dan getoets word. SAMAA het nog nooit spesifieke dae vasgestel waarop getoets moet word nie. Reël met die naaste klub waar jy getoets wil word, ek is seker hulle sal graag wil help.
DC→AC™ Ω ♪♫♪ Hoë Spanning ♫♪♫ ℅ Elektries Onbeperk Δ → ∞ Voorsprong deur tegnologie ☼ №① ... ҉. ∞∞∞∞. ҉
Mike Brews
Heli Pilot agrees to buy Super.
Closest Airfield: Barnstormers

Unread post by Mike Brews » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:36 pm

@Klaas,

Jy is heeltemal korrek dat SAMAA nie 'n kalendar het vir toetse. Ek persoonlike will he dat vlieeniers soos Bob 'n kans kry by \n groot klub in sy area om getoets te word en ek gaan werk daarvan maak.

Baie dankie vir jou positieve houding met al jou poste. Ek gaan eendag weer 'n draai by julle in Nelspruit maak.

Groete

Mike
Kind Regards
Mike Brews
074 303 1533
brews.mike@gmail.com
"Aviation, like the sea, is not inherently dangerous; but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect"

Return to “Ask SAMAA”