SAMAA insurance

Members of SAMAA have volunteered to monitor this forum from time to time. Please read the Terms & Conditions of it's use in the announcement within the forum.

Moderator: Moderators

clivem
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: howick
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

SAMAA insurance

Unread post by clivem » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 am

i have emailed SAMAA twice in the last month but have had no response - maybe someone here knows or someone from SAMAA will reply here at least!

Bob, Johan,
Please can you update us on the issue of SAMAA insurance and SAMAA Proficiency ratings. We would just like to clarify if a club member is a current paid up SAMAA member that he does have insurance cover, whether he has a proficiency rating or not.
We have a number of members who may have for instance fixed wing solo, but are now also learning to fly helis and have no heli proficiency but fly helis on their own. similarly we have heli rated pilots who sometimes fly fixed wing, but have no fixed wing rating.

Many thanks
Kind regards
Clive
#IamImac
Current Sponsors : Powerbox-systems, GP Engines, Falcon Propellors, Savox Servos, G-Force Pilots

http://www.cmchobbies.co.za - South Africa
https://www.AerobatX.co.uk - UK
LionelBrink
Steep Turn Left
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: SAMAA insurance

Unread post by LionelBrink » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:40 am

clivem wrote:i have emailed SAMAA twice in the last month but have had no response - maybe someone here knows or someone from SAMAA will reply here at least!

Bob, Johan,
Please can you update us on the issue of SAMAA insurance and SAMAA Proficiency ratings. We would just like to clarify if a club member is a current paid up SAMAA member that he does have insurance cover, whether he has a proficiency rating or not.
We have a number of members who may have for instance fixed wing solo, but are now also learning to fly helis and have no heli proficiency but fly helis on their own. similarly we have heli rated pilots who sometimes fly fixed wing, but have no fixed wing rating.

Many thanks
Kind regards
Clive
Hi Clive,

As far as I am aware, the insurance policy states that you are covered as a SAMAA member, as long as you adhere to SAMAA's recommended practices/Manual of Operations. So yes, that would imply that you do not need to be SOLO or higher rated to be covered by insurance, but you MUST have a SAMAA recognised instructor guiding you. I'll try to find this in the documentation & will also forward you enquiry to Keith Nicholls for answer.

Regards,
Lionel
I just wanna fly
LionelBrink
Steep Turn Left

Unread post by LionelBrink » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:41 am

Gnieuwoudt wrote:Try this forum :http://www.rchq.co.za/e107_plugins/foru ... rum.php?95
Lionel may be able to help you. As far as I remember the question was answered some time ago in a SAMAA news. You are covered if you paid up your subs. Rating come into play if you want to take part in a display event of some sort.
Cheers
Gert
Hi Gert,

I'll forward this to Peter Joffe for the reference.

Regards,
Lionel
I just wanna fly
LionelBrink
Steep Turn Left

Unread post by LionelBrink » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:50 am

tanglefoot wrote:It is all about liability. SAMAA think that if they do not respond, they are not liable. We pay subs, we (as a membership) have expectations.

The proof SHALL be in the pudding.
Hi,

I cannot comment on the reason why Clive's 2 emails were not responded too, but would agree that it is unacceptable not to receive some reply/acknowledgement. Clive, could I ask you to send me the email address you used for your queries so that we can address this matter once & for all?

Please notice that SAMAA strongly disagrees with the notion of a "code of silence". We do have volunteers who monitor select forums - AVCOM & RCHQ for example are two of these & we make every effort to respond within a reasonable time frame. If the information is relevant to the greater membership, the forum enquiry/response is forwarded to the SAMAA Newsletter - as per Gert's note above.

Regards,
Lionel
I just wanna fly
clivem
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: howick
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by clivem » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 am

Lionel

thank you for the response - that is what we are after some form of reply. I will send the emails on to you - what makes matters worse is i have had "Read Reciepts" but no reply
kind regards
clive
#IamImac
Current Sponsors : Powerbox-systems, GP Engines, Falcon Propellors, Savox Servos, G-Force Pilots

http://www.cmchobbies.co.za - South Africa
https://www.AerobatX.co.uk - UK
LionelBrink
Steep Turn Left

WAS: SAMAA insurance NOW: Contacting SAMAA

Unread post by LionelBrink » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:52 am

Hi,

We are busy updating the webpages to include contact details - but the contact information already appears on the back-page of the SAMAA News. In the event that you struggle to get hold of a copy, please usew the following:

SAMAA Office
email: samaa-admin@mweb.co.za
snail_mail: PO Box 7116, Bonaero Park, 1622
Tel/fax: 011 973 3679

Visit us: Office 24 / 25, Building R4, Denel Training Centre, 131 Atlas Road (Denel North entrance), Bonaero Park

Regards,
Lionel
I just wanna fly

Return to “Ask SAMAA”