The Future of SAMAA

Members of SAMAA have volunteered to monitor this forum from time to time. Please read the Terms & Conditions of it's use in the announcement within the forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Gary Lees
Rolling from unmanned
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

The Future of SAMAA

Unread post by Gary Lees » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=84991

Please take a look at this thread and advise how we can all move forward together to secure a brighter future for the hobby in South Africa.
Gary Lees
Gary Lees & Associates
www.garylees.co.za
Club of One
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Himeville
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The Future of SAMAA

Unread post by Club of One » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Gary,
Long live SAMAA. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Controvercy, repeated over and over. #-o #-o #-o
I love RC, specifically Pattern and if it means " paying to belong " then so be it.
I have been a competitive being all my life and in ALL of my past escapades, sports, hobbies, it was always and been a pre-requisite to join first, before you enjoy.
Here I am going to touch on something that may spark a fire, but SAMAA fits into an equal and unenviable role that MSA, ( motor sport SA ) do in RSA. Raced for many years.

Thousands of people enjoy Motor sport, governed by a hand full of individuals who mainly live in your province and they are voted into control by a very small minority of participants and as in RC flying, nobody really wants to stand up to the plate, other than to criticise.

I think Winston Churchill got it right when he said : " Why do so few, do so much, for so many ? " . :cry: :cry: :cry:

Talk to you in Klerksdorp over the weekend. 8) 8) 8)
'Till later.
Flying is no longer a drug, there is turning back.
Beware of e-mail scams, NEVER, click onto something you are unsure of.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.
LionelBrink
Steep Turn Left
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by LionelBrink » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:55 am

Hi,

The fact remains that changes in technology, social networking & financial constraints are affecting the way we perceive organisations such as SAAMA/MSA/...

Without members taking the time to advise & provide suggestions for improvement, I sincerely doubt that progress can be achieved at the pace expected/required - which makes forums such as AVCOM critically important to the future of RC flying in SA.

Regards,
Lionel
Last edited by LionelBrink on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I just wanna fly
Gary Lees
Rolling from unmanned
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Gary Lees » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:23 am

Hello All,

I am so glad that so many people took the time to respond to this thread as it has given a great deal of valuable insight as to the modellers needs. It has also provided SAMAA and all of us who are interested and are willing to take and active role in assisting the committee, on the way forward so that we can all contribute to a stronger, even more supported body. I sincerely hope that the iniatives will also bring about ways that we can attract the "park Flyer" into the SAMAA fold.
The larger the membership, the larger the pool and the more that SAMAA will be able to achieve for the modeller.
Cheers

Gary Lees
Gary Lees
Gary Lees & Associates
www.garylees.co.za

Return to “Ask SAMAA”