Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Photography with reference to Aviation

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
richard C
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9138
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:02 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Location: Joeys
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 272 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by richard C » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:49 am

Bearcat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:32 pm
The other JAK :)
Cessna 208B Caravan ZS-JAK
9 June 2013
Image
This owner doesn't seem to know JAK about colour choice.
Grant all equity and dignity
Richard Cook Consulting Architects (Pty) Ltd
Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand
Posts: 33558
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 1400 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Bearcat » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Beechcraft King Air 90 GTX ZS-BEX
9 June 2013
Image
User avatar
Cornell Blok
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7148
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:04 am
Location: FALY
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Cornell Blok » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:07 am

richard C wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:49 am
Bearcat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:32 pm
The other JAK :)
Cessna 208B Caravan ZS-JAK
9 June 2013
Image
This owner doesn't seem to know JAK about colour choice.
I really like it a nice retro paint :D
Petrol attendant in Training/Car Wash Supervisor

http://www.flynationwidevirtual.com/
User avatar
richard C
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9138
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:02 pm
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Location: Joeys
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 272 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by richard C » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 am

I like the retro scheme, but the colour choice reminds me of South African Railways of the 1970's.

A heavy institutional colour (for a heavy industrial application) lifted from the darkest corner of a Pierneef painting.
Grant all equity and dignity
Richard Cook Consulting Architects (Pty) Ltd
Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand
Posts: 33558
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 1400 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Bearcat » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:36 am

Cessna 210 Centurion ZS-FUW
9 June 2013
Image
User avatar
Cornell Blok
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7148
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:04 am
Location: FALY
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Cornell Blok » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:13 pm

richard C wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 am
I like the retro scheme, but the colour choice reminds me of South African Railways of the 1970's.

A heavy institutional colour (for a heavy industrial application) lifted from the darkest corner of a Pierneef painting.
Probably why I like It, I enjoy trains also :lol: :lol: :lol:
Petrol attendant in Training/Car Wash Supervisor

http://www.flynationwidevirtual.com/
Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand
Posts: 33558
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 1400 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Bearcat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Cessna 172 Skyhawk ZS-CTY
14 March 2020
Image
These users liked the author Bearcat for the post:
Ray W
Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand
Posts: 33558
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 1400 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Bearcat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:38 am

This one must be PIZ easy to fly :wink:
Piper PA-28-181 Archer ZS-PIZ
14 March 2020
Image
Last edited by Bearcat on Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand
Posts: 33558
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 1400 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Bearcat » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:34 pm

Cessna 210 Centurion ZS-MZF
14 March 2020
Image
User avatar
Steve
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4257
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:17 am
Closest Airfield: Wings Park
Location: East London, South Africa
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Steve » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:17 pm
Steve Onions should remember this one !
Cessna 340 ZS-SVN
6 June 2015
Image
Bearcat,any recent photos of SVN since you took this one ? Would love to see the progress - surely by now it's back in the air
Steve Onions

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein
Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand
Posts: 33558
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB
Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 1400 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Bearcat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Steve wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 pm
Bearcat wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:17 pm
Steve Onions should remember this one !
Cessna 340 ZS-SVN
6 June 2015
Bearcat,any recent photos of SVN since you took this one ? Would love to see the progress - surely by now it's back in the air
Steve, I have not seen it out and about and I suspect that it might still be there. Next time I am at the Boom I will ask
User avatar
Steve
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4257
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:17 am
Closest Airfield: Wings Park
Location: East London, South Africa
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Seen at FAWB (Wonderboom)

Unread post by Steve » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:32 pm
Steve wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 pm
Bearcat wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:17 pm
Steve Onions should remember this one !
Cessna 340 ZS-SVN
6 June 2015
Bearcat,any recent photos of SVN since you took this one ? Would love to see the progress - surely by now it's back in the air
Steve, I have not seen it out and about and I suspect that it might still be there. Next time I am at the Boom I will ask
Thanks Bruce
Steve Onions

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Aviation Photography”