Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Photography with reference to Aviation

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
photon
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Location: Gauteng

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by photon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:49 pm

Fireblade's Challenger 350 ZS-CKA
28 Dec 2018

Image3L9A8250a-res by omer mees, on Flickr

Image3L9A8252a-res by omer mees, on Flickr
User avatar
photon
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Location: Gauteng

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by photon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:50 pm

Cessna 208B Grand Caravan 5H-FOX
28 Dec 2018

Image3L9A8249a-res by omer mees, on Flickr
User avatar
photon
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Location: Gauteng

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by photon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Cessna 208B Grand Caravan Z-KPS
28 Dec 2018

Image3L9A8262a-res by omer mees, on Flickr
User avatar
Bearcat
20,000 Leagues Above
20,000 Leagues Above
Posts: 29501
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by Bearcat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:57 pm

photon wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:47 pm
Last pics from Lanseria for 2018
Thanks for keeping us updated with FALA pics =D>
User avatar
photon
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Location: Gauteng

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by photon » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:57 pm
photon wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:47 pm
Last pics from Lanseria for 2018
Thanks for keeping us updated with FALA pics =D>
Thanks Bruce :D , I hope I can still carry on doing this for a while.
User avatar
Christopher
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3706
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Location: Gloucester (The Perfect Storm), Mass.

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by Christopher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:56 pm

Anyone know anything about Caravans? Both the above Cessnas on this page are apparently "Grand" Caravans, yet the Tanzanian one has one window less that the Zimbabwean one...explain, please? I know precious-little about these; but I might wish I had flown one!
Christopher Godfrey (always missing aviation!)
User avatar
photon
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Location: Gauteng

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by photon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:24 am

Christopher wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:56 pm
Anyone know anything about Caravans? Both the above Cessnas on this page are apparently "Grand" Caravans, yet the Tanzanian one has one window less that the Zimbabwean one...explain, please? I know precious-little about these; but I might wish I had flown one!
Hi Christopher

The 208B Grand Caravans as I know them have 8 windows with a R/H access door at window seven.
Maybe 5H-FOX was modified by its ownwers ?
Any comments welcome.
User avatar
Air Bear
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:44 am
Closest Airfield: Rand Airport
Location: JHB

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by Air Bear » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 am

5H-FOX was born as a Super Cargomaster - the dedicated cargo variant of the Grand Caravan. Hence no Air-stair.

Originally it would also not have had any windows. These were subsequently added by an STC.

The "Missing" rear window only goes into the rear cargo bay, so may not have been deemed necessary when the passenger window STC was incorporated.
Go Low, Go Fast, Turn Left

Keaton Perkins
(Formerly Rare Bear)
User avatar
photon
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Location: Gauteng

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by photon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks Keaton, that clearly explains 5H-FOX's configuration.
Throwaway
Wanna Fly
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:30 am
Closest Airfield: FACT

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by Throwaway » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 pm

Anyone know about this black B738(?) At Lanseria earlier today? Saw it for a split second in a video in a friend's Facebook story from the airport.
IMG_20190106_235159.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Bluepoole
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: Centurion

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by Bluepoole » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Throwaway wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 pm
Anyone know about this black B738(?) At Lanseria earlier today? Saw it for a split second in a video in a friend's Facebook story from the airport. IMG_20190106_235159.jpg
It is not a 737, it is a 757. Don't know why it was here over the weekend, or who operates it, but it is normally used for VIP charter flights and has visited Lanseria in the past. See my photos of it at the bottom of page 1100 of this thread.
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
User avatar
87Juliet
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4512
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:53 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT FASH
Location: Stellenbosch

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by 87Juliet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Bluepoole wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm
Throwaway wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 pm
Anyone know about this black B738(?) At Lanseria earlier today? Saw it for a split second in a video in a friend's Facebook story from the airport. IMG_20190106_235159.jpg
It is not a 737, it is a 757. Don't know why it was here over the weekend, or who operates it, but it is normally used for VIP charter flights and has visited Lanseria in the past. See my photos of it at the bottom of page 1100 of this thread.
It was parked at CTIA on Friday afternoon.
Jacques Taljard: Zero-Ate-Two Niner-4-Wun Seven-Zero-Sex-Two
Jaguar Land Rover Stellenbosch
User avatar
Bearcat
20,000 Leagues Above
20,000 Leagues Above
Posts: 29501
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:51 pm
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Location: JHB

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by Bearcat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:35 pm

87Juliet wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Bluepoole wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:54 pm
Throwaway wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 pm
Anyone know about this black B738(?) At Lanseria earlier today? Saw it for a split second in a video in a friend's Facebook story from the airport. IMG_20190106_235159.jpg
It is not a 737, it is a 757. Don't know why it was here over the weekend, or who operates it, but it is normally used for VIP charter flights and has visited Lanseria in the past. See my photos of it at the bottom of page 1100 of this thread.
It was parked at CTIA on Friday afternoon.
TAG Aviation Boeing 757 G-TCSX
https://www.tagaviation.com/en/private- ... ft/g-tcsx/
User avatar
photon
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Location: Gauteng

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by photon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Beechcraft 58 baron 7Q-YLM
9 Jan 2019

Image3L9A8264a-res by omer mees, on Flickr

Image3L9A8266a-res by omer mees, on Flickr
User avatar
photon
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6074
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Location: Gauteng

Re: Seen at FALA ( Lanseria )

Unread post by photon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Beech 1900D ZS-PEF
9 Jan 2019

Image3L9A8267a-res by omer mees, on Flickr

Return to “Aviation Photography”