Moderator: Moderators

hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 21 times

Seen at NZ Whakatane/Taneatua/Tauranga Bay of plenty

Unread post by hugo_visser » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:34 pm

I think it is time to start a new topic.
001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Re: Seen at NZ Whakatane/Taneatua/Tauranga Bay of plenty

Unread post by hugo_visser » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:39 pm

The middle Round barn, future home of ZU - HGO, ZU - RFD, and possibly ZU - RFA if it does not sell. The roof recovered center roof sheeting at $ 160 per sheet 25 sheets. at R 10 to 1 NZ $.
002.jpg
They were corroded from the inside due to hay condensation in the winter over the last 40 years. Now for a cleanup and paint. All they had to do is cut a vent at the top of the gable end to have prevented that, as I have done now. 20 truckloads of gravel rock imported to spread around the outside for a lZ and inside to become a floor. Next door neighbor has a landing strip on his farm. Volume spay painter fundis , how should I do it ? Pressure wash and then paint with an airless spray painting gun, or a big pot full of paint, pressurize the pot and spray ? I have already dug a 50 meter trench and connected water and power to the barn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hugo_visser on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Good start Hugo =D>
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Eye watering prices, a roof only shed 12 meter span 24 meter long, one gable end clad with sheeting, the rest open and no floor, 4 meter high, R 750 000.00 But I will tackle that one later, first everything under roof out of the elements.
Thank you Paul. I have seen a few pilots fly, almost all helicopters there that size do crop spraying, of course would bump into the only LAMA in NZ accidentally. These guys CAN fly. No I rather get the feeling that they wear them instead of flying them. Time will tell. I was fortunate enough to experience the difference with my SA instructors. Looking for a name for the place such as the one scaffolding company,---BLIKSEM --Knew immediately they where from SA, and their daughter flies------helicopters. We are on a main road with lots of traffic and want to make something like a truck stop/camper stop, Draadkar stop.Neighbors family and friend..... heli pilots. I do not know why, but they made 200( I heard ) x 50 c poppy coins with some ceramic in the center, and I ended with one by luck.
Cabeng, how are you doing ? Ready to come and help unload ? 3 months + -, and my good friend from PE is also moving and bringing his Alouetts and experience with.
Hope a few SAFFERS from Auckland, Aardmore, Hamilton Taupau, bump into this tread.Lion, are you well ? Mike Tango?

Hugo.
GLF4
Cows on Runway - doing go around
Been liked: 0

Unread post by GLF4 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Inevitable, more Saffer's leaving. Tax base just gets less.

Looks like a nice place!!
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Fri May 03, 2019 6:45 am

On the way to 680 Taneatua rd Whakatane.
020.jpg
Draadkar lz pitstop.
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Mon May 20, 2019 6:33 pm

My new yellow wheelbarrow, spade and pick to start leveling our LZ for Alouette.[attachment=0]4328.jpg[/attachment Hi ace 4 by 4, 3 lt diesel turbo inter cooler. 11km/lt with load through mountains. Converted to camper. Insurance mutch less than in SA. Narrower and shorter than the Sesefilile (spelling) body.
Hugo.
JNB
Mags On
Been liked: 0

Unread post by JNB » Tue May 21, 2019 9:58 am

Hi Hugo
Die Prins van Petit veilig in "Middle Earth" ! Hoe erg was jou ervaring met hulle CAA ? En was hulle baie duur ? Wat is die proses om n NTCA uit RSA daar te registreer? Kan (meer belangerik, mag jy) sekere onderhoud self doen en wie moet teken ? Hulle het mos n redelike sterk "ex warbird" teenwoordigheid in NZ, is die ouens uit om dit te bevorder of is hulle onnodig vol nonsens ?

Hoop julle is baie gelukkig daar ...
Groete
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Yip,dankie,besig om uit te vind. Airlaw vir ppl. AME is hier meer bekend as LAME , Paar eksamens dan lyk dit my ek mag dit self doen. Begin eers met PPL vereistes terwyl ons wag vir die containers. Hou jou op hoogte. Jet lag is maar n bliksem, maar sal verby gaan,
Hugo.

Return to “Aviation Photography”