Photography with reference to Aviation

Moderator: Moderators

Mike Tango
< than 500' looking for landing in case
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: Seen at NZ Whakatane/Taneatua/Tauranga Bay of plenty

Unread post by Mike Tango » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:31 am

Hugo, how's progress with NZCAA & getting the Alo (s?) up & running? The guys here at North Shore have been asking & wondering. Been a few hints thrown about that Chris Opperman (ex-Saffa, North Shore's "unofficial" photog) wants to see it / do a small write-up & be teh first to take some pics when it's up & running.

Sooo - when it's flyable, we might be able to twist Brent's arm for a quick flip down south with the 44 (or maybe even the Long Ranger if we can square up a few pax who's prepared to contribute to cover the fuel bill ... ) to come & have a look.

Cheers, Johann in Auckland
lion
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: Edge of the water
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by lion » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:34 am

hugo_visser wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Eye watering prices, a roof only shed 12 meter span 24 meter long, one gable end clad with sheeting, the rest open and no floor, 4 meter high, R 750 000.00 But I will tackle that one later, first everything under roof out of the elements.
Thank you Paul. I have seen a few pilots fly, almost all helicopters there that size do crop spraying, of course would bump into the only LAMA in NZ accidentally. These guys CAN fly. No I rather get the feeling that they wear them instead of flying them. Time will tell. I was fortunate enough to experience the difference with my SA instructors. Looking for a name for the place such as the one scaffolding company,---BLIKSEM --Knew immediately they where from SA, and their daughter flies------helicopters. We are on a main road with lots of traffic and want to make something like a truck stop/camper stop, Draadkar stop.Neighbors family and friend..... heli pilots. I do not know why, but they made 200( I heard ) x 50 c poppy coins with some ceramic in the center, and I ended with one by luck.
Cabeng, how are you doing ? Ready to come and help unload ? 3 months + -, and my good friend from PE is also moving and bringing his Alouetts and experience with.
Hope a few SAFFERS from Auckland, Aardmore, Hamilton Taupau, bump into this tread.Lion, are you well ? Mike Tango?

Hugo.
Hey Hugo, sorry for the delay - I didn't see this thread until ballas Mike Tango replied to the thread and I saw "Whakatane" mentioned. Lovely place that and I'm sure you and your family are going to be very happy in that area. You sure are taking things by the horns and making great progress there. I have flown into Tauranga a few times. Quite a few years ago I met an instructor at the airfield and that is when I learned how PC (some) the guys in NZ are. Whilst he was taxiing he encroached on the runway by mistake and dobbed himself in! I asked why and he said that better he reports himself than someone in the tower reporting him :roll:

Alles van die beste :)

Lion.
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by hugo_visser » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:34 am

Thank You all.
Busy getting paperwork ready for NZCAA done 5 hrs mountain and refresher on the R 44, and learnt a lot. Instructor with sky crane experience and 26500 hrs on the clock. Can recommend, it even if it is just to see some of the awesome spots we went to. Feel the ,and learn how to feel the wind direction in the R 44. At one spot we were 200 ft below sea level. Wind shear, gullies and on top of the mountains plateau, runways and hunting shacks lz. It was interesting.
I will gladly share the cost of a heli or aircraft while getting my ducks in a row. Next LAME exams and aircraft instruments hours, 4 to go.
+6421 107 0893
Hugo
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:43 am

018.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users liked the author hugo_visser for the post:
ACE MAN
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:58 am

My new windsock.
018.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users liked the author hugo_visser for the post:
Ray W
V5 - LEO
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 79 times

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:04 am

....trying to get into a fight with the neighbours :) , Hugo bel die polisie :lol: :lol:

...no substitute for loyalty :smt023
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:18 am

1 st one of 3
017.jpg
These users liked the author hugo_visser for the post (total 5):
Ugly DucklingJasonGLCornell Blokjohanvdm3
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by hugo_visser » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:20 am

Now on 1 million ton of import material to control the mud a little.
Hugo.

Return to “Aviation Photography”