Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand
Closest Airfield: Grand Central
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 534 times

Zapped Pictures

Unread post by Bearcat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:03 pm

If you put your pics on the net its obvious that they will get downloaded for personal use.
When they get downloaded and used for commercial gain without permission then :evil:
Whilst searching a hobby site I came across this Piper Pawnee model .. with my pic taken at Rand, as its box art
Thats a new one for me!!

And the original as per Avcom
Theuns v V
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Rand
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: Zapped Pictures

Unread post by Theuns v V » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:52 pm

I have seen a box of a camera at a shop in cresta with one of the Flying lyons T-6 on it...wonder if permission was asked
Clicking Mad
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Location: 7 mins out of FAVG - 120.6, 15 mins out of FALE - 118.45
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Clicking Mad » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:14 pm

I have been asked by two different company's for my photos to be used as box art, payment was the models which I was very happy with! Contact them Bruce.
Gary Shephard

My Airliners.net photos:
http://www.airliners.net/search?user=11 ... lay=detail
Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand

Unread post by Bearcat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Clicking Mad wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:14 pm
I have been asked by two different company's for my photos to be used as box art, payment was the models which I was very happy with! Contact them Bruce.
Might try it however in this case they never asked me, so I did not have that option
Bearcat
thirty thousand
thirty thousand

Unread post by Bearcat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:16 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:15 pm
Clicking Mad wrote:
Might try it, however in this case they never asked me, so I did not have that option
Theuns v V
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Rand
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Theuns v V » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:36 am

Clicking Mad wrote:
Now if only Tamiya or revell would want to use a pic of mine..... :wink:
Captain Kirk
Straight and Level
Closest Airfield: OMAA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Captain Kirk » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:26 pm

Back in 2011 I was helping out with Heli flips at the Bethlehem Airshow, on a break I walked past someone reading the local daily paper and thought that I recognised the cover shot.

The person with the paper very kindly gave it to me and when I got home that evening I went through my archives, it was definitely one of mine, taken at the Volksrust airshow in 2010.

The only place it was made public was in the 2011 Smoke On...Go! in which I was credited as the photographer.

These buggers must have scanned and cropped it out of there, I tried a few times to make contact with the Newspaper but never got anywhere with it... :evil:

Also had one or two local operators take images off my personal Vleisbook account which were then used on their websites... :roll:

Long story short, since back then, all privacy setting are set to max and I only post images publicly that I don't really care about enough to stress if they're being exploited. [-(

Very frustrating and irritating!

Volksblad-Stolen-image-2011.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris K.
Airwayfreak
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAJS
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Airwayfreak » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:23 pm

Aren't photos that are in the public domain like Avcom fair game ? Don't you lose ownership once you post them here ?
richard C
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 113 times

Unread post by richard C » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:18 am

Airwayfreak wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Aren't photos that are in the public domain like Avcom fair game ? Don't you lose ownership once you post them here ?
For private use - but not for commercial use, IIRC.
Grant all equity and dignity.
Monzeglio Cook + Gibson Architects
jvdl
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FABL
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by jvdl » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Airwayfreak wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:23 pm
Not to my knowledge. They are still your shots. By uploading to AvCom you are implicitly granting AvCom a non-exclusive right to display your photos, but AvCom does not own your photos and neither does anyone else who views them.

Copyright does not need to be indicated by a notice or banner, by SA law, it is automatic, as soon as you've pressed the shutter. A non-profit would not be allowed to use Bruce's photos without permission either, unless he explicitly attaches a creative commons licence to them, or provides them with permission.

Bruce, what they did was illegal and I am fairly sure you can take them to court for it. If any of my pictures were used without permission, I would not only lawyer up, but also file DMCA claims against the offenders' websites.
"A man provided with paper, pencil, and rubber, and subject to strict discipline, is in effect a universal machine." - Alan Turing

Open Aircraft Register: https://aircraftregister.co.za <-- :!: Intermittent uptime due to load shedding :!:

Return to “Aviation Photography”