BangGood group buy ?

Radio Controlled and static aviation scale models. Including Nitro, Electric, Free flight, Control line and Gliders. All disciplines welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

viki
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 15 times

BangGood group buy ?

Unread post by viki » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:45 am

Is anyone doing a banggood or hobbyking purchase soon ?
Pls let me know if so, so i can add my item.
Funflyer
Preflighting
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: BangGood group buy ?

Unread post by Funflyer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:28 am

It is a real challenge to order anything from either BangGood/DX/Wish unless you use a courier service.

Parcels just disappear in our wonderful postal services.

I have a parcel that was shipped on 10 March. All I know is that it is somewhere in South Africa. The staff at the postal services tells me that it is somewhere at a depot and that I must wait for a sms from them. It is very frustrating! :oops: :oops: :oops:
heliflyer1971
Rolling
Closest Airfield: LENSARIA
Been liked: 0

Unread post by heliflyer1971 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:10 am

Funflyer is right my 3 parcels just disappear tracking shows it arrived in destination country from April but nowhere to be found.
danie.e
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by danie.e » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:40 am

Eish, now here's a thing :

The feeding of the alien instead of your local countrymen through the years made most of our hobby shops disappear as well and SAPO cannot be blamed for this.

Your parcels going missing? - "ag shym"
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
viki
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by viki » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:56 am

The problem is my local lhs just don't have the stock i need and that which they do have stock of is ridiculously over priced and they really aren't interested in supporting me if i have trouble configuring it, no care attitude. they either are making too much money, or non at all, or have no passion nor care for the industry and the people.
danie.e
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by danie.e » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:31 am

That is exactly the same answer each and everyone that buy overseas give when confronted.

Any person that comes up with the "they are making too much money" argument, does not have a clue what it costs to run a business. Yes, the local hobbyshop will ask more than HK and Banggood but there is a very good reason for that and it is easiest answered with the term "Supply and demand"

No single hobby shop can stock everything you want and neither can they stock large quantities. Ask yourself one question: How much money do you think each hobbyshop owner should have invested in stock to satify your personal needs, and where the heck must he get such money from?

People are not prepared to wait for the LHS to get the item for them if they do not have it in stock, yet they are prepared to wait weeks and months for the stuff to arrive from HK etc. and in many cases even accept the loss if parcels go astray.

I invite anyone on AVCOM that claim his/her LHS treats them badly to come visit the LHS with me so that such atrocious behaviour can be sorted out. Not only will I guarantee you satisfaction but I will also guarantee you that you will not pay excessive prices for your goods.

When I started ASP Aviation more than 20 years ago, I did a countrywide tour of RSA to sign up hobby shops as customers. Over a 6 week period and many KM's traveled, I managed to sign up 73 Hobby shops.

Today I cannot think of more than 20 hobby shops that still exist. No single person will convince me that such a large "demise" is because of pricing, stock availability, and BAD customer service.
These users liked the author danie.e for the post:
Roston1
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
Ricoby
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Scotburgh
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by Ricoby » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:10 pm

danie.e wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:31 am
That is exactly the same answer each and everyone that buy overseas give when confronted.

Any person that comes up with the "they are making too much money" argument, does not have a clue what it costs to run a business. Yes, the local hobbyshop will ask more than HK and Banggood but there is a very good reason for that and it is easiest answered with the term "Supply and demand"

No single hobby shop can stock everything you want and neither can they stock large quantities. Ask yourself one question: How much money do you think each hobbyshop owner should have invested in stock to satify your personal needs, and where the heck must he get such money from?

People are not prepared to wait for the LHS to get the item for them if they do not have it in stock, yet they are prepared to wait weeks and months for the stuff to arrive from HK etc. and in many cases even accept the loss if parcels go astray.

I invite anyone on AVCOM that claim his/her LHS treats them badly to come visit the LHS with me so that such atrocious behaviour can be sorted out. Not only will I guarantee you satisfaction but I will also guarantee you that you will not pay excessive prices for your goods.

When I started ASP Aviation more than 20 years ago, I did a countrywide tour of RSA to sign up hobby shops as customers. Over a 6 week period and many KM's traveled, I managed to sign up 73 Hobby shops.

Today I cannot think of more than 20 hobby shops that still exist. No single person will convince me that such a large "demise" is because of pricing, stock availability, and BAD customer service.
I needed a canopy for a plane. The local agent advertised the canopy for R1080.00 on his website. When I contacted him, I was told he had no stock and that I must order direct from the manufacturer.No offer to procure the item for me. At the end of the day, I had to pay R2700.00 including postage for the item and wait 3 months for SAPO.

If you buy through Banggood, look for the "South Africa Direct" postage option. It is done by Buffalo Express, who also give you the option to pay the tax upfront. Most I ever waited with them was two weeks, and that was to Ellisras, not even the major cities. They have a bonded warehouse in JHB.
Last edited by Ricoby on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAMAA Number: 12874
RC Pilot Yak 54 111cc Twin DLE
Goldwing Ultimate EME 60cc
3D Hobbyshop Edge 540 RCGF Twin 30cc
Sebart Sukhoi RCGF 32cc
Drastik 60cc DLE Twin
Kill_Switch
HASSELL checks
Closest Airfield: FAWK
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Kill_Switch » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:26 pm

can we leave the politics out of it, the man is only interested in combining a item if you are already predisposed to the supplier, the rest is fluff.

Banggood via direct shipping is the only realistic option it you want it before lockdown 2021, 10-15 days to your door via buffalo courier.
Ricoby
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Scotburgh
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by Ricoby » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:25 pm

Apologies to Danie-e for the post. I have edited it. It was unfair of me to complain on the post about your product without first contacting you.
SAMAA Number: 12874
RC Pilot Yak 54 111cc Twin DLE
Goldwing Ultimate EME 60cc
3D Hobbyshop Edge 540 RCGF Twin 30cc
Sebart Sukhoi RCGF 32cc
Drastik 60cc DLE Twin
Trevorn
1k poster
1k poster
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by Trevorn » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:33 pm

viki wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:56 am
The problem is my local lhs just don't have the stock i need and that which they do have stock of is ridiculously over priced and they really aren't interested in supporting me if i have trouble configuring it, no care attitude. they either are making too much money, or non at all, or have no passion nor care for the industry and the people.
All I can say from my experience is the LHS are not over priced at all. Often items are cheaper than if you were it import yourself.

Lets look at the OS 46 AX ii. At towere hobbies it is $ 159,99 or R 2 650. Now add 15% vat you get R 3036. Now add shipping and what do you get?
Tail-Draggers advertise it at R 2 341, Smitties at R 2 950,Revo at R3 100.

Servo Hitech HS 777 mg. $69,99 in USA or R 1 155. add 15 % vat R 1 328,25 now you have to get it here. Aerial sell it at R 1 344.

As for friendly service and attitude. Well very subjective and in my opinion they are actually quite friendly.

Only if the product I am looking for is not available will I import.
These users liked the author Trevorn for the post:
Roston1
electricfly2002
Power on stall
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by electricfly2002 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:38 pm

Issue is availability...I am quite prepared to pay a bit more as the LHS adds time and place value. The frustrating thing is if the local importer does not have stock of items that you urgently need or gives you a runaround on when he is expecting stock. And it seems that their stock comes in very small boxes and by the time that their stock arrives it is sold out within a day or two.

Andre

Ps. I enquired at the local post office about international post and Was informed that their Jet Park depot is closed. Only viable option is coerier services, so it makes sense to club together and share coerier costs.
Trevorn
1k poster
1k poster
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by Trevorn » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:55 am

electricfly2002 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:38 pm
Issue is availability...I am quite prepared to pay a bit more as the LHS adds time and place value. The frustrating thing is if the local importer does not have stock of items that you urgently need or gives you a runaround on when he is expecting stock. And it seems that their stock comes in very small boxes and by the time that their stock arrives it is sold out within a day or two.

Andre

Ps. I enquired at the local post office about international post and Was informed that their Jet Park depot is closed. Only viable option is coerier services, so it makes sense to club together and share coerier costs.
Ya availability is an issue with the LHS. The big problem they face is containers held up at customs. I feel for the guys.

I'm not sure the issue with the SAPO relates only to the EMS Jet Park. The issues are much deeper. Basically another failed SOE.
I wont use them again, and I was one of the few who said give them a chance 2 years ago. But I'm afraid the degradation has gone too far.
droneboy
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: None
Has liked: 10 times

Unread post by droneboy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:17 pm

I am looking for a GoolRC 2968 3400KV Brushless or similar if any LHS has one.
Features:
4 Pole 12 slot hi-torque motor design
CNC machined 6061 T6 billet aluminum heatsink can
High purity copper windings maximizes efficiency
Precision balanced rotor, smoothness for best reliability and maximum RPM
Precision engineered for maximum energy conversion
Water cooling jacket with inlet and outlet fittings
O-ring seals for leak mitigation
Black anodized finish for durability, corrosion resistance, and great looks

Motor Specifications:
Brand name: GoolRC
Item name: Brushless Motor
KV(RPM/Volt): 3400KV
RPM: 60000
Watt: 1800W
No load current: 2.2A
Max voltage: 17V
Diameter: 29mm
Length: 68mm
Shaft diameter: 4mm
Connector: 4mm golden banana connector
Weight: 188.6g
rolfbartels
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: BRCC

Unread post by rolfbartels » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:08 am

With mention and regards to Buffaloex, they also operate as a forwarder, You have the option to order from China and ship to their warehouse, and then create an order on their site and log the incoming shipment and then your delivery address, unfortunately they don't do consolidation of orders.
at current Covid-19 prices is around R250 for 0.5kg and R350 for 1kg, they ship up to 30kg I believe.

Yes is 2 weeks delivery to your door, and I have used them many time for certain things RC and Non RC related.
Things to note Banggood, AliExpress and the likes of GearBest will not ship to China as their pricing is targeted to the international market, for those sites, you need if find sellers with the Shipping Option of "South Africa Direct Mail" which is buffaloex.

With regards to discussion about LHS or Int import. I think each to their own, I don't think it is fair to call out the LHS or the Individual who prefers to import, it's called free will and we are all entitled to have our own choice. If you have a problem with a LHS take it up with them and leave it off the forum.
Trex600
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Trex600 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi Chaps....
Many years ago I used to import from Hobby King and SDS Hobbies as prices where far better on LiPo's and also the choices was better as the LHS could not cater for every ones needs. Hobby shops have to bring in $$$ of stock that can sit on the shelf for months maybe years, and they can NOT carry everything. I have still supported Aerial Concepts, Mad Hobbies and Taildraggers back then when I imported goods from over the waters. In fact all my engines and Radio's are bought local as I need the support IF things went south ... :D But things have changed a lot now day's with the postage service going down like they have :( :( :( :( :( Also my money has also depreciated a lot too..... :( :( :roll: :roll: :roll: They whole hobby has changed over the passed few years. Many hobby shops have closed down as the hobby has shrunk quite a lot. I really feel for the LHS that are left especially now with this COVID-19 virus that's around and we have and could not support them the way we did. They still have overheads to pay with very little to NO help from outside, Government will NOT help them either. I'm sorry that this virus has screwed up so many of us but what can we do to but only move forward. Who would have ever thought that 2020 would turn out like this..... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
Align Trex600, Electric, Nitro and Gas. Nitro engines, O.S.Max, Saito, Petrol Engines Only DLE 55-111-120, Mintor38cc. Hobby King Red Head Pulse Jet. Gold Wing 100cc Edge 540T, 100% JR XG11, No Contest,No Regrets. Build, Fly, Have fun. :D

Return to “General Model Aircraft Chatter”