Some positive feedback

ICASA is the regulator for the South African communications, broadcasting and postal services sector. At this stage, this section is not officially sanctioned by ICASA management and is being monitored on a voluntary basis.

Moderator: Moderators

Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 174 times

Some positive feedback

Unread post by Roger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:09 am

:o :o

I recently applied for a new aeronautical station licence. I must commend the party responsible for the web application (pdf) as it makes completing the application a piece of cake - with usefull help prompts. I often get annoyed when faced with any help prompts on web forms - for instance the bit of info required will be headed: 'What was your CPC/EPC/PI ratio for last year' and the help prompt will say something like insert ratio here. I mean how helpfull is that?

The ICASA form actually provides real help - like enter emission here: and the prompt will say if aeronautical enter 'e3e' here. Left to my own devices I would have put catalytic converter applied for to curb emission #-o :wink:

So took my form to the regional office and in a matter of seconds they checked the application to be correct and had my receipt to prove that Radio Station licence has been applied for :D :D It was painless. Thanks guys.
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
bullet
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Some positive feedback

Unread post by bullet » Mon May 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Also had no difficulties with the radio station licence renewals for my aircraft for the periods 1/1/11-31/3/11 and 1/4/11-31/12/11.
Thank you ICASA and thank you Peter L for the offer of general assistance. Even though such assistance was not necessary,your kind gesture was much appreciated.
Life is too short for cheap wine or slow cars.
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 174 times

Unread post by Roger » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Darn - knew it was too good to be true!

They are refusing to process my application as they now (from 1 April 2011) require a certified copy of your id to accompany your application. When asked how to get it to them - 'No sir - you can e-mail of fax it to us'. :lol: :lol: :lol: :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 Asked them if I could send them a scanned copy of a R100 note as payment too.
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tanglefoot » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Positively frustrating :x
Wings are for fairies. Runways are for models...........................................
Don't get caught by Business Directory Scams. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/55011156703/
Historical info on stopwbd.za.org
Bom
Mags Dead Cut

Unread post by Bom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:55 am

I can report quick turnaround on recent application to transfer an aircraft radio license - I had confirmation of emailed application within days along with the allocated license number requesting payment.Received the license within weeks. Compared to an experience earlier this year , this is super and ICAASA seemed to have jacked their systems up.

Copy of ID emailed .......do as the man says
FLY SMART,FLY SAFE - TAKE EVERY MOMENT YOU CAN TO ENJOY THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF FLYING.
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Grand Central

Unread post by BenSmit » Wed May 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Peter is a real gent, answered my question, got my problem sorted and kept following up until final resolution

Thanks mate :smt023
Ben Smit
I am not young enough to know everything
(Oscar Wilde)

Return to “ICASA”