Medicals - You might lose your PPL

Medicine and other human performance related issues.

Moderator: Moderators

Robert
Rotating
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Medicals - You might lose your PPL

Unread post by Robert » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Nothing happened for a long time. I then started emailing people at SACAA.

Got an audiology consultation checklist from them and had to go and see audiologist again. Report back to AME and then CAA

I waited some more. Emails again and I finally after 4 months had my medical cleared.

Had to do a proficiency check as my licence expired and I received my new licence this morning. :D

My biggest issue was to find a way to get this resolved. No one seems to have a procedure to follow and there is no urgency. The guy who shouts hardest gets the attention.

I don't know if I want to go thru this again.
Still going
V5 - LEO
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 pm

...happy for you Robert. As an aside , looks like CAA has problems within the areas they lack the most - "hearing and seeing" what is happening in the industry they need to service :?: :?:
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
edwoodza
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by edwoodza » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:47 am

I had my medical pulled (10 months after i did it)
Their reason: I had depression 12 (yes TWELVE) years ago and now had to supply them
1. Psychologist report (R3000 to do)
2. Psychiatrists report (3000 to do)

Here is the kicker
12 year ago they pulled my media for this. I jumped through the hoops then and they re-instated it.
Not had depression, not been on meds for 12 years nothing

SO question comes why was it REALLY pulled and 10 months after the medical was done, and for something i was already cleared for.

The fact i reported 2 CAA inspectors the same week the medical was pulled begs the question. Co-incidence or Am i being targeted for whistle blowing?

Took 4 plus months to get medical back. had a LOL, Psychiatrist report stated "mild anxiety caused by CAA"

Return to “Aviation medical and related issues”