I see on Avcom you can’t state the facts of a situation.

Medicine and other human performance related issues.

Moderator: Moderators

Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB

Re: I see on Avcom you can’t state the facts of a situation.

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:38 am

Psychometric tests are a guage of your ability to perform functions specific to your job.

https://www.psychometricinstitute.com.a ... Tests.html
Psychometric tests are a standard and scientific method used to measure individuals' mental capabilities and behavioural style. Psychometric tests are designed to measure candidates' suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics and aptitude (or cognitive abilities).
The tests have nothing to do with your mental state unless you have lost it completely SO ignore the info as it is irrelevant.

[-o< Get on the meds and quickly. [-o<

BTW In your other post you mentioned something about being upset that your ex and best mate were seen together. Rejoice that she is someone else's problem. That is they way to survive. I have the T-shirt :D
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo

Unread post by Whirly » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:40 am

Felix,

Thanks for the information, wow what a bummer! :(

What is your next step now?

Whirly.
Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog (or two or three).
Felix Gosher
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:59 am

Ugly Duckling,

I will get on meds when I have something wrong with me, and when the Doctor making the diagnosis follows Civil Aviation Regulation Part 67.00.14 as he is mandated to. Until then may I ask that you refrain from telling me what I ought to do with reference to Medication, for the simple reason that you are not a Doctor, and really have no qualifications to make such a recommendation.

Sending a Swastika to Pilot from a Jewish Family when notifying that pilot that they are grounded, truly changes the very validity of what that doctor attempted to academically put forward thereafter.

Warm Regards

Felix
Felix Gosher
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:00 am

Whirly,

Hurry Up and Wait and never Give Up is the next step.

Warm Regards

Felix
Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:15 am

Felix
With respect I have a bit more medical knowledge than you imagine AND judging from a few Whatsapp messages I have from you from the 2017 and 2018 Childrens Flights I believe that you may need meds. Read whatever you want into the screenshots.

BTW
1. There are some who ask the question "Is the Childrens Flight about the children or about Felix?"
2. Any idea why you did not involve me at FAGC when you had invited my to assist at Waterkloof?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Long time Cygnet builder
Felix Gosher
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:31 am

Ugly Duckling,

Everyone has issues, even if I needed to see a counselor for stress around the event, it does not amount to a mental illness.

You are not a Doctor, and your opinion is therefore null and void in the greater scheme of things. I like every man have issues, but the extent of which historically holds no threat to Aviation safety. You are getting personal, because your friend is the Doctor in question.

Warm Regards

Felix
Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:40 am

I have no idea who he is and he is certainly not my friend. My AME lives in Boksburg.
Long time Cygnet builder
cage
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by cage » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:50 am

We've all seen those movies with the sane oke being wrongly locked up in a pysch ward, the more he protests the more crazy it makes him look and there is no way of changing that impression because that's what all the inmates do.
This thread is a lot like that, which is why so much good advice was given to not use this as an outlet.
Every post lashing out just reinforces a view, possibly incorrectly, that all the wheels are turning just not necessarily in the same direction.
You will only do a disservice to yourself and your cause, please take some of the well meaning advice to heart and avoid adding fuel to the fire.
You are in all likelyhood going to ignore this as it doesn't line up with what you want to hear so, like others, I will just grab some popcorn and view from the sidelines.
Felix Gosher
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:53 am

Ugly Duckling,

I saw you laughing with him in Witbank. I’m pretty sure you guys are mates.

Warm Regards

Felix
Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 pm

When in Witbank? Have not been to the airfield in 10 years. Maybe you should read my signature, there is a clue to my nane :lol:
Long time Cygnet builder
Kalon
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Virginia

Unread post by Kalon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:16 pm

In what context was the ME109 picture sent? Maybe the doc sent it without malice? Was it a good picture of one at least?
Felix Gosher
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Ugly Duckling,

More specifically it was a Witbank Breakfast Fly In, on the way back after breakfast, many of the pilots positioned to Kitty Hawk. It was there that we in fact all shared a table in front of the Dornier. The Doctor’s nose started bleeding while we sipped on Coca Cola served by Ali Cat. I have a friend who will confirm that you were there, and in fact that you do know the Doctor in question despite your denial above.

Kalon

The ME109 was sent in the same minute as the notification that I am grounded. The timing of the picture message, the nature of the picture message and the gravity of the information relayed was oppressive and personal to me and my culture. It was not appropriate for a Doctor to conduct his duty as such, and also begs one to question his motives, when the incorrect information in his five month late report is investigated. This grounding was based on a vendetta by both the Doctor in question and the ex-employer.

Warm Regards

Felix Gosher
boaxofclean
Preflighting
Closest Airfield: Dnmy

Unread post by boaxofclean » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Maybe the doctor likes vintage fighters and he was sharing a cool picture, something positive despite the negative views on your medical status.

Seems to me this is the classic using the race card [-X
Kalon
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Virginia

Unread post by Kalon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:08 pm

I understand you may have seen the timing as inappropriate but perhaps the image itself was not intended to be malicious in anyway.

You are a well known aviation enthusiast and perhaps,having just stumbled upon a really neat or interesting picture of a ME109, forwarded it onto you as he thought you would be interested in seeing it.
He looked no further for the deeper meaning you are highlighting and may have used it to "soften the blow" of the bad news of your medical.

Understand he, like you, has liability that comes from using his AME Licence. As such he has to operate with the required care and skill. If he was uncomfortable with any aspect of your medical, he is required to request a 2nd opinion. As you will know, if he was found to be wrong, the additional cost you would have paid for the 2nd opinion can be refunded and may be put onto him.
Felix Gosher
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Boaxofclean,

Why didn’t the doctor just do what the other doctors do and follow CAR Part 67.00.14 (4)?

The Swastika on a German War Plane to Ground his client of 12 years. It’s really out of place Sir, with due respect. It’s unprofessional and personal and has cost me a year of my career.

I will therefore speak out about it truthfully. So that other pilots can avoid a similar collusion of Doctors and outcome.

Warm Regards

Felix

Return to “Aviation medical and related issues”