I see on Avcom you can’t state the facts of a situation.

Medicine and other human performance related issues.

Moderator: Moderators

Felix Gosher
Lining Up
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: I see on Avcom you can’t state the facts of a situation.

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:39 am

In his erroneous report that took five months and two lawyers letters to get hold of, in fact he got quite colorful with his description of my perceived behavior, saying that he had considered admitting me to a ‘Psychiatric Ward for observation’ - and yet that was not reported to the SACAA about a person who held a Class One Medical ‘immediately’, as madated by Law. It’s a test of conviction, and there was no conviction. I only flew after confirming with Dr Bernice Mashaphu at AVMED that no such grounding had been made to the knowledge of the Authority a month after the Messerschmidt notification.

In fact I flew with Nigel Hopkins, Derek Hopkins and Garth Calitz , and they told me I did a good job in the C210 that day.

After leaving for Indonesia, the doctors came after me with emails and fabricated versions of suddenly having all the reports ready, with the incorrect information from ex employer, forcing the new company to construct my exit through a forced resignation.

Warm Regards

Felix
JoziFlyer
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 0

Unread post by JoziFlyer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:06 am

Mods, for Felix’s own sake, I think this thread should be deleted.
Last edited by JoziFlyer on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Felix Gosher
Lining Up

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:10 am

After a year of being grounded on incorrect information supplied by an ex employer, I will tell the truth of my situation without fear and I accept responsibility for it everything I have said. If it gets deleted, it certainly won’t be by me.

Corruption is rife, even in this delightful flying community. Just because I stand up for myself does not constitute bad behavior.

Warm Regards

Felix
Felix Gosher
Lining Up

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 am

JoziFlyer

Sort out the Swastika in the notification, and compliance with CAR 67.00.14 (4), Make sure someone’s watching these things, and you’ll not hear a peep from me again.

Warm Regards

Felix
JoziFlyer
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: FAOR

Unread post by JoziFlyer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:20 am

Nothing good can come of this thread. Move on.
Last edited by JoziFlyer on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wonko the Sane
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Wonko the Sane » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 am

Felix

I Googled you.

You seem to be a good person and humanitarian. You are tainting your reputation and credibility with your incessant negative comments and your "witch hunt".

Life gave you a lemon here.
Make lemonade and put this behind you.

No amount of retaliation or interference or what ever it is that is driving you, will get you back in the seat again. Only you can do it, and this forum, will only drive you further over the edge if you continue to shout your anger from this soapbox. Nothing positive will come from your post, that I can assure you. You might feel better having aired your laundry but the scars will remain...

Please, put an end to this.

Andre Dethioux
I don't care what you think of me! Unless you think I'm awesome - then you're right, carry on!

My flying is not that bad....I've never left one up there..

Andre Dethioux (temporarily in Angola...)
RPL (MR)
Felix Gosher
Lining Up

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 am

Copied Sir Wilco
boaxofclean
Preflighting
Closest Airfield: Dnmy

Unread post by boaxofclean » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:59 am

Wonko the Sane wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 am
Felix

I Googled you.

You seem to be a good person and humanitarian. You are tainting your reputation and credibility with your incessant negative comments and your "witch hunt".

Life gave you a lemon here.
Make lemonade and put this behind you.

No amount of retaliation or interference or what ever it is that is driving you, will get you back in the seat again. Only you can do it, and this forum, will only drive you further over the edge if you continue to shout your anger from this soapbox. Nothing positive will come from your post, that I can assure you. You might feel better having aired your laundry but the scars will remain...

Please, put an end to this.

Andre Dethioux
Thanks Wonko, it seems you are the only sane one here =D>
747TDR
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: EICK

Unread post by 747TDR » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Goshe, I know many people on here telling you to stop won't make you do it, so all I can do is add myself to the list of those genuinely, and for the right reasons, imploring you to do so.

We've known each other a long time, and it's fair to say that we've known each other at the very highs and at the very lows of our careers, so I know how deeply this has affected you. Having known and being privy to the actions of some of the other parties in this particular case, you know that I stand behind you and completely against them.

But, please do not believe that this means I will condone you throwing your name away for the sake of those who have to live with the knowledge of what they have done. Your best revenge would be to become anything and everything they said you cannot, and I believe, without a doubt, that you will.

Let's be honest here for a moment. As much as you may love Cemair, and as much as you may love the man with the heart of gold named Miles van der Molen, there will come a time when you leave Cemair for greener pastures (aka heavier metal once you are fully back in the game.) This thread, at this very moment, ensures that any and potentially all future employment endeavors may be fraught with difficulty, purely based on what others are able to read here for themselves. You are responsible for what you say (write), but you are not responsible for others' perception of you. That is both a blessing and a curse at the same time. So do your best to mitigate the risk of others having a negative impression of you.

Many on here, and many throughout the flying fraternity worldwide, have no idea what you have been through, and what you are going through. I do. And you know it for yourself. I told you my story just a couple of days after I told my now wife. For a time, you were the only person in the world besides a couple of doctors, nurses, my family and my then girlfriend, who knew my story.

I know what it's like to be where you have been, and to be where you are. At the age of 25, in the prime of my life as a Grade III Flight Instructor, and in the very early stages of what promised to be a very long and fulfilling career in aviation, I was grounded. I was grounded for what turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me - a heart attack that, medically speaking, should have ended my life before I even hit the floor of my parents' kitchen that fateful evening of 15 May 2013.

It took me a long time to get over it. It took me a long time to understand and come to terms with the fact that I would never get my command on a 747, or to invite my parents up to the flight deck to show them how all their hard work, sacrifice, love and support had made all the difference in the world. I wouldn't fly 777's for Cathay. I would never fly the Dash or 1900 for Cemair. I'd never get to do multi-engine instruction, nor would I ever get to do teach the intricacies of night or instrument flying. I'd never again get to send a student on solo consolidation. I'd never again get to sit in the tower at Rand and watch with absolute pride as my student uses his/her knowledge that I have helped him/her attain to get safely around the circuit without bumping into anything.

I blamed myself. I blamed my diet, lifestyle and a whole myriad of other things that I now know was absolutely fruitless. Nothing I could have done different would have changed or altered what happened to me. I found out recently that my blood just clots easier than most people. There's no real reason for it, and no way I could be responsible for it doing so. Regardless of how much I blamed myself, I was blameless. I felt the burden of guilt and shame lift from me immediately. But it didn't change the shattered dreams. It just made them easier to deal with.

My curse is permanent, Goshe.

Yours is only temporary.

Stop giving those who grounded you the ammunition to do so again, or for longer, or for good.

You have a whole career ahead of you still. Yes, it's been a big blip on the radar, but it's just that - a blip.

Put it all behind you and reach for the farking stars, because you can! Do it with pride. Do it with the knowledge that you have left all of this behind you. Do it as someone who has overcome great, however unnecessary, adversity. Do it as Felix Gosher, the aviator I have come to respect and admire as someone who not only makes a difference, but is the difference!

Tyron
Kalon
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Virginia

Unread post by Kalon » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:03 pm

747TDR wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:49 pm
Goshe, I know many people on here telling you to stop won't make you do it, so all I can do is add myself to the list of those genuinely, and for the right reasons, imploring you to do so.

We've known each other a long time, and it's fair to say that we've known each other at the very highs and at the very lows of our careers, so I know how deeply this has affected you. Having known and being privy to the actions of some of the other parties in this particular case, you know that I stand behind you and completely against them.

But, please do not believe that this means I will condone you throwing your name away for the sake of those who have to live with the knowledge of what they have done. Your best revenge would be to become anything and everything they said you cannot, and I believe, without a doubt, that you will.

Let's be honest here for a moment. As much as you may love Cemair, and as much as you may love the man with the heart of gold named Miles van der Molen, there will come a time when you leave Cemair for greener pastures (aka heavier metal once you are fully back in the game.) This thread, at this very moment, ensures that any and potentially all future employment endeavors may be fraught with difficulty, purely based on what others are able to read here for themselves. You are responsible for what you say (write), but you are not responsible for others' perception of you. That is both a blessing and a curse at the same time. So do your best to mitigate the risk of others having a negative impression of you.

Many on here, and many throughout the flying fraternity worldwide, have no idea what you have been through, and what you are going through. I do. And you know it for yourself. I told you my story just a couple of days after I told my now wife. For a time, you were the only person in the world besides a couple of doctors, nurses, my family and my then girlfriend, who knew my story.

I know what it's like to be where you have been, and to be where you are. At the age of 25, in the prime of my life as a Grade III Flight Instructor, and in the very early stages of what promised to be a very long and fulfilling career in aviation, I was grounded. I was grounded for what turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me - a heart attack that, medically speaking, should have ended my life before I even hit the floor of my parents' kitchen that fateful evening of 15 May 2013.

It took me a long time to get over it. It took me a long time to understand and come to terms with the fact that I would never get my command on a 747, or to invite my parents up to the flight deck to show them how all their hard work, sacrifice, love and support had made all the difference in the world. I wouldn't fly 777's for Cathay. I would never fly the Dash or 1900 for Cemair. I'd never get to do multi-engine instruction, nor would I ever get to do teach the intricacies of night or instrument flying. I'd never again get to send a student on solo consolidation. I'd never again get to sit in the tower at Rand and watch with absolute pride as my student uses his/her knowledge that I have helped him/her attain to get safely around the circuit without bumping into anything.

I blamed myself. I blamed my diet, lifestyle and a whole myriad of other things that I now know was absolutely fruitless. Nothing I could have done different would have changed or altered what happened to me. I found out recently that my blood just clots easier than most people. There's no real reason for it, and no way I could be responsible for it doing so. Regardless of how much I blamed myself, I was blameless. I felt the burden of guilt and shame lift from me immediately. But it didn't change the shattered dreams. It just made them easier to deal with.

My curse is permanent, Goshe.

Yours is only temporary.

Stop giving those who grounded you the ammunition to do so again, or for longer, or for good.

You have a whole career ahead of you still. Yes, it's been a big blip on the radar, but it's just that - a blip.

Put it all behind you and reach for the farking stars, because you can! Do it with pride. Do it with the knowledge that you have left all of this behind you. Do it as someone who has overcome great, however unnecessary, adversity. Do it as Felix Gosher, the aviator I have come to respect and admire as someone who not only makes a difference, but is the difference!

Tyron
What a post! =D> =D> =D>

Felix, please listen to him! [-o< [-o<

You have your entire career ahead of you. Don't throw it away now! Please!
boaxofclean
Preflighting
Closest Airfield: Dnmy

Unread post by boaxofclean » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:09 pm

Great post Tyron! =D>

If that doesn't get Felix thinking then nothing will!

It is a harsh reminder that your life can change in a split second and stay that way.

Felix being pinned as a psychological defective pilot can be temporary if he stays away from slating the doctors publicly but he has done it and again more evidence against him!
Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:49 pm

Felix if you have 1 Brother in the world it is Tryon. He knows you better than most of us.

Listen to him, PLEASE. [-o<
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
ACE MAN
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKT+VHHH+FAPX
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by ACE MAN » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:04 pm

What a humbling post Tyron , thanks for sharing that.
IITYWTMWYBMAD
Nomakhanjani
¯¯VAF¯¯
Felix Gosher
Lining Up

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Thank you Tyron.... Yoh there are few words for that post.. thank you mate 🙏🏻
Kalon
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Virginia

Unread post by Kalon » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Felix Gosher wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:37 pm
Thank you Tyron.... Yoh there are few words for that post.. thank you mate 🙏🏻

Return to “Aviation medical and related issues”