An Apology

Medicine and other human performance related issues.

Moderator: Moderators

Felix Gosher
Lining Up
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:08 pm
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

An Apology

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:12 pm

Good Evening,

I would just like to apologize to the community for my posts last year during my medical grounding. I was prideful and relentlessly trying to fight for what I believed were my rights. I had my medical reinstated nine days after the long string of posts of everyone telling me to keep quiet for my own good.

At the time I felt like a victim without an income I’d worked much of my life to make and I felt humiliated and shameful before my friends and family. Flying is my greatest love and I’m so blessed to be back in the sky.

To anyone I have offended by my posts, I apologize.

Aviation is never a right, only ever a privilege.

I wish everyone with the same dream, everything of the best and safe flying in the future, and also hopefully to not make the same mistake I did, allowing ego to get in the way of a worthwhile destiny.

Warm Regards

Felix
These users liked the author Felix Gosher for the post:
Ugly Duckling
User avatar
Heineman
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1492
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 3:50 pm
Closest Airfield: MRF Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: An Apology

Unread post by Heineman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:30 pm

Felix no harm done no need to apologise for anything enjoy your flying

Regards
Planes wirh Futaba
User avatar
Ugly Duckling
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5923
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:24 pm
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Location: Waterkloof
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: An Apology

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Go for it Felix =D>
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
User avatar
Multirotordronepilot
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:12 am
Closest Airfield: Grootfontein
Location: Home
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: An Apology

Unread post by Multirotordronepilot » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:34 pm

That's great news Felix, as absurd as it seems 90% of the members here offer sound advice no matter how hard it may be to accept at the time of emotional stress.

I'm glad you did eventually take that advice offered, although you put up a fight and rightfully so, only you put in the time, funds and dedication ( not saying no one else contributed, you made that point clear ). You fought hard for your cause but eventually saw the light and took the advice.

I think many should read the posts written at the time, its a true reflection of the compassion which can be found on Avcom when you look past the layers of abuse and rejection dished out to often.

Anyhow congrats on regaining your medical and all the best for the future. Fly safe
Trevor
Defense Contractor/Test Pilot
Commercial pilot,Instructor
Responsible Person Aircraft
TopRC HawkerHunter
JetLegend ViperJet
BVM F80 ShootingStar
1/3 J3 Cub
ZS-VVR
J3 Clipped Wing Cub Replica ZU-XXX
If flying slow isn't fun, you're doing it wrong
User avatar
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 49 times

Re: An Apology

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:16 pm

Felix Gosher wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:12 pm
Good Evening,

I would just like to apologize to the community for my posts last year during my medical grounding. I was prideful and relentlessly trying to fight for what I believed were my rights. I had my medical reinstated nine days after the long string of posts of everyone telling me to keep quiet for my own good.

At the time I felt like a victim without an income I’d worked much of my life to make and I felt humiliated and shameful before my friends and family. Flying is my greatest love and I’m so blessed to be back in the sky.

To anyone I have offended by my posts, I apologize.

Aviation is never a right, only ever a privilege.

I wish everyone with the same dream, everything of the best and safe flying in the future, and also hopefully to not make the same mistake I did, allowing ego to get in the way of a worthwhile destiny.

Warm Regards

Felix
No problemo Felix! Glad to hear everything is sorted! 8)

Muchas gracias señor!
Felix Gosher
Lining Up
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:08 pm
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: An Apology

Unread post by Felix Gosher » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:09 pm

And thank you to everyone who supported me.... this is for you ✈️

https://www.facebook.com/724080181/post ... 82?sfns=mo

Love Felix
User avatar
pwnel
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 911
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:06 pm
Closest Airfield: KTEB
Location: Manhattan, NY
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: An Apology

Unread post by pwnel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:21 pm

Felix Gosher wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:09 pm
And thank you to everyone who supported me.... this is for you ✈️

https://www.facebook.com/724080181/post ... 82?sfns=mo

Love Felix
Nice. Enjoy!

If I may share a story the FAA Medical examiner here in New York told me when I renewed. Pilot has a fallout/argument with the pilot girl he's dating. He wakes up in the morning with ambulance crew at his door - girlfriend still in the house. They say they're responding to the mild seizure he had that his girlfriend called in on 911. "What seizure?" he asks confused.

And of course right there he's screwed. He took every possible scan at the best New York hospitals to prove nothing is wrong with him, but the FAA wouldn't give his medical back, based on a history of seizure as witnessed by a fellow pilot.

He told me this story as a warning - medicals can be weaponized against pilots. I'm glad things turned out well for you but all professional pilots should really watch their backs on this.
FAA ASEL COM (IF), MCSA SAR member, flies out of FACT, KBLM (Monmouth Exec, NJ - USA).
Mooney 231
Falafel
HASSELL checks
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:47 am
Closest Airfield: FALA_LCY
Location: United Kingdom
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: An Apology

Unread post by Falafel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:17 am

pwnel wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:21 pm
Felix Gosher wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:09 pm
And thank you to everyone who supported me.... this is for you ✈️

https://www.facebook.com/724080181/post ... 82?sfns=mo

Love Felix
Nice. Enjoy!

If I may share a story the FAA Medical examiner here in New York told me when I renewed. Pilot has a fallout/argument with the pilot girl he's dating. He wakes up in the morning with ambulance crew at his door - girlfriend still in the house. They say they're responding to the mild seizure he had that his girlfriend called in on 911. "What seizure?" he asks confused.

And of course right there he's screwed. He took every possible scan at the best New York hospitals to prove nothing is wrong with him, but the FAA wouldn't give his medical back, based on a history of seizure as witnessed by a fellow pilot.

He told me this story as a warning - medicals can be weaponized against pilots. I'm glad things turned out well for you but all professional pilots should really watch their backs on this.
That's why one should never date a pilot...

Return to “Aviation medical and related issues”