AME Licensing SACAA

Medicine and other human performance related issues.

Moderator: Moderators

Flying88
Tripped over wheel chock
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

AME Licensing SACAA

Unread post by Flying88 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Good day fellow Avcommers. A friendly plea to the AME community.

I apologise if a topic along these lines is already in discussion, if so please point me in the right direction.

My wife is a General Practitioner while I am an airline pilot. We thought it a good idea that she become an AME considering the obvious link. We found the course that is offered and run directly by the SACAA and signed up for that. The cost of the course as well as lost income over the period of the course caused some financial tension but that is a secondary issue in this case.

My wife completed the course nearly 3 months ago and the CAA has still not granted her AME status, with no explanation for the delay. The rest of the group that completed the course with her have also had no word.

I am aware of the recent IT issues at the CAA but when these doctors call to follow up they are given no clear answers with no time frame.

So my plea is to anyone who is intimately familiar with these processes and if there is anything we can do to get this done as this was an investment that now needs to pay itself back.

Regards
Flymed
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Greater Gauteng
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: AME Licensing SACAA

Unread post by Flymed » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:36 am

She should become a member of SAAsMA, and contact Chris Blunden. She should have his number.

Return to “Aviation medical and related issues”