Registrations from the 70's

An informal register and background to South African aircraft. Please take the time to read the 'Before you post', or your entry could be deleted.

Moderator: Moderators

ERNIE
Finals (unmanned) for a Full Stop
Closest Airfield: Virginia FAVG
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Registrations from the 70's

Unread post by ERNIE » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:55 pm

AC6T wrote:
ERNIE wrote:
Ray W wrote:Bad spelling Ernie. What I meant was I wish I did have a photo of SSN.
Thanks Ray for your trouble. AC6T has come up with the answer, above.
ERNIE
IIRC the retract ram failed and the right main gear did not lock.

6T
Whoops!!! Sorry, I retract and apologise for my statement regarding the possible finger trouble, but I also did say possible mechanical problem. Thanks AC6T for the answer. Regards
ERNIE
If the wings are travelling faster than the fuselage, it has to be a Helicopter and therefor unsafe. ....Fixed wing Pilot.

It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you have just bombed. ...USAF Manual
MLyons
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by MLyons » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:49 am

ERNIE wrote:Can anyone please advise whether ZS-FJB, a Cessna 206, is still up and running ?? First registered in about 1968. Thanks
ERNIE
Last I remember she was used at D200 airfield for meatbombing.
There was a moerse hangar fire some years ago and I believe she was destroyed.

I can get the details from the ex-owner if you like?
You toucha my stuff, I breaka you face.
Idiot in search of a village........never mind - found it!
ERNIE

Unread post by ERNIE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:33 pm

MLyons wrote:
ERNIE wrote:Can anyone please advise whether ZS-FJB, a Cessna 206, is still up and running ?? First registered in about 1968. Thanks
ERNIE
Last I remember she was used at D200 airfield for meatbombing.
There was a moerse hangar fire some years ago and I believe she was destroyed.

I can get the details from the ex-owner if you like?

Hi there MLyons

I haven't been back to this Forum for yonks, so, sorry for not seeing your post. Ja, if it's not too much trouble for you, I would like to hear of it's condition or whatever. As mentioned earlier, I flew her for about 4 years, before converting onto the Aero Commander. If she was destroyed, then that is the 3rd Aircraft that I was involved with in our " Company Airforce " that has come to an ignominious ending. Shame, she was a great aerie and never gave me a days problem or trouble and I never put a dent or scratch onto any of them. Regards and thanks for responding.

ERNIE
If the wings are travelling faster than the fuselage, it has to be a Helicopter and therefor unsafe. ....Fixed wing Pilot.

It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you have just bombed. ...USAF Manual
Insane
Stressed Eric ain't got nothing on me
Closest Airfield: Nearest gravel strip
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Insane » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 pm

ddevos wrote:According to the registration database it is still registered, but no longer airworthy. It is a 1962 model.
Would the data base say who the last registered owner is/was of ZS-CTC?
Never under estimate the power of a small group of stupid people!!
ERNIE

Unread post by ERNIE » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Insane wrote:
ddevos wrote:According to the registration database it is still registered, but no longer airworthy. It is a 1962 model.
Would the data base say who the last registered owner is/was of ZS-CTC?
Hi Insane

I believe that the previous owners name is known to Ed Mordt, who is with Executive Air at Charles Prince. I emailed him in December and he replied with the latest information on CTC, including if I remember correctly, the previous and the present owners names.

Unfortunately, I have deleted all mail prior to March this year and cannot remember the name of the Company. However, if you care to email him, I can let you have his email address, via PM. Please advise whether you are interested. Regards
ERNIE.

Sin Bad
Engine Started
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0

Unread post by Sin Bad » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:53 am

Some of the early ones from my logbook... C-172's from the Cape Aero Club in 1977... JBG, JBO, IYI, JDK.... Anyone with any news on them?
B-738

Return to “Our Register”