marius scheepers
Post Take off checks
Closest Airfield: EGNX
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 9 times

747-400 FAJS - EHAM

Unread post by marius scheepers » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:43 pm

FAV 747-400 just above Bots with a lovely moon in the back
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cornell Blok
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: 747-400 FAJS - EHAM

Unread post by Cornell Blok » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:37 am

=D>
Petrol attendant in Training/Car Wash Supervisor

http://www.flynationwidevirtual.com/
marius scheepers
Post Take off checks

Unread post by marius scheepers » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:30 am

Well, have just landed safely at EHAM, awseome flight!
Cornell Blok
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Cornell Blok » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 am

Well done Maruis

What was the profit

marius scheepers
Post Take off checks

Unread post by marius scheepers » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:59 am

Hi Cornell,

Well, i undertook another flight yesterday morning back to Schiphol, so our 747 is parked there at the moment :mrgreen:

So this weekend i did 3 flights FAJS - EHAM, EHAM - FAJS, FAJS - EHAM.

The last one yesterday was way better, than the first two, on the second one FAJS - EHAM, i lost my IAS on the climb out , subsequently got some flap and main gear damage, due to not keeping to the speed restrictions, so i got a very bad rating. My last flight yesterday i took the POSKY 747-4, lovely take-off, went up to cruising and decented to EHAM and did a near perfect landing on 36C.

Cant wait to fly it again this coming weekend, maybe i should get myself the PMDG 747-400, mmmmmmmmmm the wife is gonna have a cadenza!!! :twisted:

I made between the 3 flights over the 5m profit!
markpi1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by markpi1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:03 am

I made between the 3 flights over the 5m profit!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Cant wait to fly it again this coming weekend, maybe i should get myself the PMDG 747-400, mmmmmmmmmm the wife is gonna have a cadenza!!!

Take her out for a "Virtual Dinner" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Marius

Mark
marius scheepers
Post Take off checks

Unread post by marius scheepers » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the Bonus :wink: !!!!
Brend@n
Flying to unmanned aerodrome
Closest Airfield: FAOR FARA

Unread post by Brend@n » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:30 am

Nice one Marius is the 747 back at FAJS, maybe the boss should lease a 3rd 747 :D
Brendan
marius scheepers
Post Take off checks

Unread post by marius scheepers » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Putty,

No its back at Schiphol again! Yes i agree with you, the more people that wants to fly the 747 the more we can generate additional income for the VA, but the problem comes in when its not being used, any aircraft standing on the tarmac aint generating cash!, Thats why Cornell leased in another one for Jhb, as the one up north is a real cash cow at the moment!

But just imagine if we could increase constant capacity on some longhaul routes, FAJS to Heathrow, Schiphol, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, if we can get 3 guys or girls that can each fly 2 longhaul flights over weekends say one goes to Heathrow, another Hong Kong, and the other one Schiphol or Frankfurt, and maybe do some short hops to Cape Town in the weeks just to get the engines turning. But you need reall commitment to accomplish this and time. :shock:
markpi1

Unread post by markpi1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Guys I am very happy to invest the money and get another 747 but as Marius said if she stands she cost bucks. Two ways to solve the problem. The senior pilots flying the 747's draw up a roster and share the aircraft's or I lease another one and you guys give me the commitment to fly her.

We have one up North and one in FAJS. Marius routes seem to be spinning the big bucks, maybe JJ can draw up a route linking Fly Alaska Virtual with the North via the East and we fly into PAJN, just a thought.

JJ and Tyron can forward me a plan of action but to all flying the 747's well done and a big thank you too you =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> they have really pushed our cash way up and who knows we may soon have enough to buy one of these birds. Oh dear can you imagine the bickering then as to where to place the aircraft :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue skies, regards

Mark
marius scheepers
Post Take off checks

Unread post by marius scheepers » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:50 pm

If we fly into the major hubs, it ups a few things for us, Passengers would increase, i am not to parfait with the VAFS system, so i reckon the better pilot rating you have the higher passenger load, or the bigger the Airport u flying into the more you can charge, also included with that is the 747's generous cargo capabilities, i had to play around with my fuel loads, less fuel more cargo! :twisted:

Shouldnt maybe admit to it, might be on the red carpet in front of the bossman [-X , but on my EHAM - JHB leg, as i was decending for FAJS i started getting a low fuel warning, so yes was cutting it very fine! [-o<

Mark, you said the senior captains have first choice on the roster, please dont forget about me the lonely first officer!!
markpi1

Unread post by markpi1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:45 pm

The senior pilots flying the 747's draw up a roster
Marius I was very careful of how I phrased that to make sure I never left you out of the equation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have mailed all the necessary parties, COO and the Chief as well as the two divisional directors to give me feedback on the idea of leasing another 747. Next I'l have Emile bashing my door down wanting to know what happened to the 747 I promised him :roll: can you just imagine, he's bigger than me as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll keep you all posted once we have made a decision.

Mark
Cornell Blok
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Cornell Blok » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Howizt guys yes another 747 would be great I recomend a board meeting Thursday night time 20:00, we must just look after these birds hell maintance is bloody expensive :shock:

HollyWood
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Fala
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by HollyWood » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 pm

My 10c.

Did two flights with the North Hub 747 today, 2mil profit per flight, so as far as profit for the North hub 747 goes, were cooking. Ya'll prob know this but i'll say it anyway, Look at the amount of ACTIVE pilots at a specific hub b4 you allocate a new 747 to them.

Was wondering, its nice to have a diverse fleet, but if something is not being regularly, then we must scrap it off the books. As an xample, we have 1 747 north, and i want to fly it, but its at EGLL, i dont mind taking a free jumpseat there to fly it back, instead of having 2 747 up north.

As far as routes go: The route back from EGLL to DTTJ, when i put it into my FMS in the 747, some of the waypoints says invalid, do i need to update something in my fsx? I got airc 1201 installed for PMDG.

Suggestions: The distance for the north 747 flights (EGLL - DTTJ) is perfect, any longer and i doubt i'll fly it, so when you do new destinations for the north 747 could you please keep it more or less that distance; Id like maybe a route to Paris from DTTJ and one to Schiphol. Both have payware airports and their short enough for me to fly there and back in 1/4 of a day.

Thankyou Please
Though i fly through the valley of death, i shall fear no evil, for i am at 30 000 ft and climbing...
Cornell Blok
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Cornell Blok » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Yes Hollywood I agree another 747 in the north hub will be great I'm busy ordering some re paints from pixel express so if we gonna do it we must do it soon i've already asked them for a north hub paint for the 747 so we might as well order another paint then.

Return to “Virtual Airlines”