Aerobatics rating

Discussions on Aerobatics and Sport flying.

Moderator: Moderators

Sardyn
Reaching GFA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Aerobatics rating

Unread post by Sardyn » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Yes. Thank you Neville we are well aware of this... 8)
Avgas
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FANY Nylstroom
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Avgas » Tue May 06, 2014 9:25 pm

What is the requirement?
entry level, no intention of doing competitions or airshows.(yet)
Am I allowed to roll and loop without a rating, obviously in safe environment ( height and location)with suitable aircraft?
Real Men don't have to Kill Rhino for a Horn
Balls to the wall
Richard Nicholson
Wingsoverafrica
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: Morningstar

Unread post by Wingsoverafrica » Tue May 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Stuka wrote:Are there any good aerobatics instructors in Cape Town?
Stuka, we should be all setup up July mid /august with the decathlon in a school and 2 instructors willing to do TD conversions on type and Aerobatic training...touch wood. Paper work is a ******ch :D
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 22 times

Unread post by paulw » Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 am

Avgas wrote:What is the requirement?
entry level, no intention of doing competitions or airshows.(yet)
Am I allowed to roll and loop without a rating, obviously in safe environment ( height and location)with suitable aircraft?
My understanding but Neville and others can correct me where I am wrong.

You can do aero's without a rating, but will be stupid to do without first getting proper training.

See attachment as reference. (However, I don't know if it is still valid. It was valid for 180 days) Anyone knows?

So if you have no aero rating, then you can do roll's from 2000ft upwards. Unlike some who think they can and take risks and do it in the circuit or circuit height without a rating. And I have seen this getting done at Kitty Hawk.
(Think insurance ....)

In short, you get training from an instructor and then get signed off by someone who are allowed by SAC to give aero and sign you off as a graduate (Provisional)). Not required to be the same person.
In other words, if an instructor is not sanctioned by SAC to give aero instruction, that person can still train you. If you want the rating, then someone sanctioned by the SAC must test and and sign you off.
This is valid for 2 years. In this time you need to participate in a competition (or in front of a panel of judges) and obtain at least 70% to make your Graduate (P) fixed as Graduate.

Then you can participate in the next level Sportsman, then Intermediate, then Advanced, then Unlimited.

Anyone (competent of course ie. someone who flew in the SAAF like Wildcat_003, Ger and others or Aerobatic compatition pilot like Neville Ferreira and others) can give you training, but only a person who is given permission by the SAC can sign you off for a provisional rating even if he doesn't have Advanced rating (but I think he/she need to have at least Sportsman rating if not mistaken) or a person with Advanced rating or Unlimited rating can sign you off.
You do a short (10-12 hours at least) training for your first graduate rating.
The person training you for Aero's doesn't have to be a qualified instructor as for example Ab Initio training, but it is advisable to get training from someone who is. If a person is not a qualified instructor, he may not charge you for training.

See http://www.aerobatics.co.za for more detail, regulations, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
Avgas
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by Avgas » Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Thank you!
Aerobatics is great fun in the hands of the experienced. But can and will kill if not trained properly and if the correct aircraft is not used [-X [-X
I am very keen to get involved and will when finances allows #-o
Balls to the wall
Richard Nicholson
Sardyn
Reaching GFA

Unread post by Sardyn » Thu May 08, 2014 8:04 am

Jip. Remember my Pitts and aerobatic course 8) is available in the East Rand.... 8)
Avgas
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by Avgas » Thu May 08, 2014 8:53 am

Sardyn wrote:Jip. Remember my Pitts and aerobatic course 8) is available in the East Rand.... 8)
:wink: :wink:
Will see you soon.
Balls to the wall
Richard Nicholson
Wingsoverafrica
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: Morningstar

Unread post by Wingsoverafrica » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Just an update: Decathlon paper work now finalized. Plane is now on ATO MS Cape Town and Part 141 done. Type conversions, Initial Tailwheel, Aerobatics and other :D :D Instructors are ready to start training when required. PM for further details.. :D :D
Bodumatau
Heli and Fixed Wing Pilot now best mates
Closest Airfield: FBMN + EDPA
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Bodumatau » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:11 pm

I had a very lekker flip with Sardyn out of Petit a few weeks ago, 2 of us flew, me with aeros and tailwheel experience and a mate of mine who's first time it was in a tailwheel aircraft and first time aeros, we both had a great time, Sardyn was good fun to fly with and a calm solid instructor, even when I kept botching the same manoeuvre. .... :lol: :shock: :lol:
garryd
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: New York Airfield

Unread post by garryd » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:54 am

i was wondering weather your allowed to do aerobatics on PE. If so what type of airspace do you have to go to do it. becuase i live in Wales and know that we arent allowed to do aerobatics where ever the hell we want. we have to be in a certain area. i have done aerobarics quite a few times in my life as im an air cadet that has been flying corporate jet charter many times. such fun.
Ger
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: EGFH

Unread post by Ger » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:03 am

garryd wrote:i was wondering weather your allowed to do aerobatics on PE. If so what type of airspace do you have to go to do it. becuase i live in Wales and know that we arent allowed to do aerobatics where ever the hell we want. we have to be in a certain area. i have done aerobarics quite a few times in my life as im an air cadet that has been flying corporate jet charter many times. such fun.
Where are you in Wales? we're pretty lucky with airspace here and can do aeros pretty much anywhere outside of controlled airspace. We don't have designated aero boxes.
Gerald Williams

Return to “Aerobatics & Sport Flying”