18 Month old girl killed by Rc Helicopter

Best practices and Useful tips and warnings that can save property, prevent injury and to keep our modelling safe.

Moderator: Moderators

TimB
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

18 Month old girl killed by Rc Helicopter

Unread post by TimB » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:12 am

http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/local-e ... ISHAP.html

This is an incredibly tragic event and very unnecessary. Safety is something that always appears to be furthest from our minds when we're operating at the flying field or even just in the park. I've witnessed some events at flying clubs that could have ended just as tragically yet no action is ever taken.

remember, safety starts with you. I don't think anyone who flies a model aircraft wants to live with an event such as this on their conscience.
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: 18 Month old girl killed by Rc Helicopter

Unread post by Rotor kop » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:45 am

TimB wrote:http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/local-e ... ISHAP.html

This is an incredibly tragic event and very unnecessary. Safety is something that always appears to be furthest from our minds when we're operating at the flying field or even just in the park. I've witnessed some events at flying clubs that could have ended just as tragically yet no action is ever taken.

remember, safety starts with you. I don't think anyone who flies a model aircraft wants to live with an event such as this on their conscience.
Yes agreed 100% TimB...
I was just yesterday thinking of how close someone came to being killed at a model air show - this incident was with a jet that lost control and landed in front of a group of kids - my family was there as well and it so easily could have been a sad day... i often cringe when thinking of this as will never again take my family to an open air model air show or similar. As much as i love to watch them :(
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low

Return to “The Good and the Bad”