How NOT to do it...

Best practices and Useful tips and warnings that can save property, prevent injury and to keep our modelling safe.

Moderator: Moderators

Viking
Frequent AvComer
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

How NOT to do it...

Unread post by Viking » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:57 pm

There are some very lucky, very dumb people around...
He flies so close to himself, and other innocent bystanders. Idiot!

Look what happens after the crash. No idea about safety. Threat every crashed aircraft like it is a loaded gun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDPHmQdZ2AU
Sometimes, big birds can be fun!
cabeng
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Rotorua -NZRO
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: How NOT to do it...

Unread post by cabeng » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:55 am

stupid indeed, but im certain he and others have learned from it , what surprised me more though was he was not able to shut the motor off from the tx :shock:
shows you though how quickly it goes wrong with a heli and things can go far south
he however did get to his throttle hold in a fair time ( I think it should have been quicker :shock: ) sooner he could have saved the heli with zero damage
Clearly Weekends are made in china . They simply dont last !
In The Haze
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Brakkies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Unread post by In The Haze » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:40 am

I appreciate good controlled flying, but when the okes start to fly this close to oneself and others, I get nervous.

I grew up through the development phase of RC heli's and understand very well what can go wrong...........very unexpectedly very quickly. :shock:
ITH
------------------------------
I guess that flirting with death sometimes leads to a date - ITH
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. - Oscar Wilde
Wayne01
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: virginia
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Wayne01 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Professional uav pilot in the making. :lol: Fortunately it was only humans and not elephants that were endangered :lol: Jokes aside, wish I could fly a heli that well
Trex600
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Trex600 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:11 pm

bumjive01 wrote:Professional uav pilot in the making. :lol: Fortunately it was only humans and not elephants that were endangered :lol: Jokes aside, wish I could fly a heli that well
I can not fly as half good as him ...BUT I fly better because I do not fly close to myself and others. Helis DO Not glide they Gyrate on a Cushion of Air ..... No Air No Flying :( :( Carbon fibre with lead weights are Not any Mans Friend ..... They are Killers. Just Google the net and see how many have died due to those carbon rotor blades hitting them. Maybe I am too cautious that is why I can not fly that well or am I just getting old here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Align Trex600's, Nitro, O.S.Max, Petrol Motor's Only DLE 30-55-111-120, Mintor38cc. Gold Wing 100cc Edge 540T, 100% JR XG11, No Contest,No Regrets. Build,Fly,Have fun.
Wayne01
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: virginia
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Wayne01 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:28 am

I suppose when you into 3d flying which is about pushing the boundaries a bit of complacency can kick in, fellow modelers should have given him a tap on the shoulder before incident happened.

Return to “The Good and the Bad”