Hunting Destinations

Information regarding aviation friendly destinations and airfields.

Moderator: Moderators

Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Hunting Destinations

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sat May 13, 2017 10:18 pm

TikkaT3 wrote:
Taildraggerdriver wrote:So where is the biltong,

Where is the steak,

Where are the lamb chops.
Spar. They don't kill animals to make their meat there.
3D printed with green slime as ink. :roll:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Mauler
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Vans
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Mauler » Sun May 14, 2017 1:20 am

Ah, how the mighty human race has evolved!

From guarding the cave using sharpened rocks and pursuing dinner through the forests and plains, using his ingenuity to make bow and arrow, musket and ball, to succeed in bringing it home despite the entrée being fleeter of foot and sharper of horn.

The modern hunter stalks the wily lamb chop through the aisles of tinned legumes and feminine hygiene products, armed with a mighty plastic card, he pounces upon his prey lying supinely in wait in it's clear wrapper. He victoriously returns to his flimsy structure, guarded with armed response.

Who needs courage and ingenuity any more?
Trevorn
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAWK
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Trevorn » Sun May 14, 2017 8:50 am

Mauler wrote:Ah, how the mighty human race has evolved!

From guarding the cave using sharpened rocks and pursuing dinner through the forests and plains, using his ingenuity to make bow and arrow, musket and ball, to succeed in bringing it home despite the entrée being fleeter of foot and sharper of horn.

The modern hunter stalks the wily lamb chop through the aisles of tinned legumes and feminine hygiene products, armed with a mighty plastic card, he pounces upon his prey lying supinely in wait in it's clear wrapper. He victoriously returns to his flimsy structure, guarded with armed response.

Well the most of us have adapted to the modern world. Seem like you still struggling with it. :roll:
Trevorn
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Trevorn » Sun May 14, 2017 9:10 am

Well the most of us have adapted to the modern world. Seem like you still struggling with it. :roll:

Or are you just being a typical old f@rt. "Back in my day....." :lol:
Mauler
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Vans
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Mauler » Sun May 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Beware of the man who has only one sharpened rock - because he knows how to use it!
heliheart
Taxiing
Closest Airfield: ellisras
Been liked: 0

Unread post by heliheart » Sun May 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi guys have a look at WWW.kwalata.com email me ryno@kwalata.com
Winchman
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Stellenbosch
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Winchman » Sun May 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Trevorn wrote:

Or are you just being a typical old f@rt. "Back in my day....." :lol:
I give up. Clearly the old adage hat there are none so blind as those who will not see remains as true as ever.

That destination of yours looks great Heliheart.
Stuart Burgess
Fairchild UC61K in rebuild. Hanger 17 Stellenbosch
AntonE
Mags On
Closest Airfield: FAFK
Has liked: 19 times

Unread post by AntonE » Sun May 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Trevorn wrote:
AntonE wrote:The psycological angle is interesting.
I once met a psycologist professor who had done studies on vegan people. I asked him to explain what the motivation was for becoming a vegan, and he explained that it is based on a deep rooted se x ual deficiency , coupled to a misplaced misconception of superior intellect . The interesting observation was that if the person is involved in aviation , that notion is especially evident. Apparently in males there is a link to a alarming rate of paedofile activities within the closer family group , apparently due to the absence of a string of enzymes and other vital juices. Cannot remember all the finer details .

I have met a few vegans which had all these traits right on the money , so I suppose it has to prove the research as correct and representative of the greater group. I would like to think that there are exeptions, perhaps there are.

Anyway , we live and let live.
Antone where are you sucking this information out of? If it is true please refer us to this research so I can read it. Sounds more like you made it up.

Or maybe you still getting over been rejected by a vegan pilot.
I was quoting the professor who told me that, golly ...why on earth would I want to make that up? He is a Canadian, met him at a braai. Come to think of it ,he probably attended the same university as Apollo11's psycology contact.
Anyway,I dont have any beef with vegans who do not fall into the group he described.The rest(as6 per Prof's asessment) ,what a bunch of chops.
Trevorn
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Trevorn » Sun May 14, 2017 9:02 pm

AntonE wrote:
Trevorn wrote:
AntonE wrote:The psycological angle is interesting.
I once met a psycologist professor who had done studies on vegan people. I asked him to explain what the motivation was for becoming a vegan, and he explained that it is based on a deep rooted se x ual deficiency , coupled to a misplaced misconception of superior intellect . The interesting observation was that if the person is involved in aviation , that notion is especially evident. Apparently in males there is a link to a alarming rate of paedofile activities within the closer family group , apparently due to the absence of a string of enzymes and other vital juices. Cannot remember all the finer details .

I have met a few vegans which had all these traits right on the money , so I suppose it has to prove the research as correct and representative of the greater group. I would like to think that there are exeptions, perhaps there are.

Anyway , we live and let live.
Antone where are you sucking this information out of? If it is true please refer us to this research so I can read it. Sounds more like you made it up.

Or maybe you still getting over been rejected by a vegan pilot.
I was quoting the professor who told me that, golly ...why on earth would I want to make that up? He is a Canadian, met him at a braai. Come to think of it ,he probably attended the same university as Apollo11's psycology contact.
Anyway,I dont have any beef with vegans who do not fall into the group he described.The rest(as6 per Prof's asessment) ,what a bunch of chops.
Sorry what was his name? Appolo 11 phycology contact?? When did you meet him?

I'm even more convinced you a making it up
Mike Wienk
Airspeed active

Unread post by Mike Wienk » Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 am

To the Bunny hugger, if your wishes really came true and we all joined you and became VEGGIES.......... What do you think the outcome would be for the game, cattle and sheep? Remember you need to be honest to yourselves and rational.
aloebush
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: marblehall

Unread post by aloebush » Tue May 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Aloe Bush Game Lodge near Marblehall ideal hunting spot for the family with 980m gravel strip 50m from self catering accomodation. Hanger available.
www.aloebushgamelodge
Contact person
Dave Jordan 0828991652
Ugly Duckling
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 223 times

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:05 am

My Boet's Rooiberg game farm day specials
Wildebees R3000 per head
Zebra R4000 per head
Bushbuck R2500 per head
Vlakvark R800 per head

Nearest runway is Rooiberg (have no contact details unfortunately). Lodge manager can collect your party.
There is self catering safari tent accommodation with ensuite bathroom & kitchenette R300 per person
Contact me oh ate two 413 4614
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
sumbloke
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: FAPM
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by sumbloke » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:28 pm

If anyone is interested in a walk and stalk mountian hunt for Eland in the S Berg please PM.

R.E the other waffle anti hunter etc, no one mentioned the fact that to produce vegetables animals die (I have never seen a heard of Impala grazing on lettuce), to build cities animals die (cant remember the last time a pack of wild dog walked through PTA), to produce minerals animals die (not many giraffe wandering the mine dumps) basically everthing we do has a negative impact on the environment in one way or another.
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by Fransw » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:19 pm

sumbloke wrote:If anyone is interested in a walk and stalk mountian hunt for Eland in the S Berg please PM.

R.E the other waffle anti hunter etc, no one mentioned the fact that to produce vegetables animals die (I have never seen a heard of Impala grazing on lettuce), to build cities animals die (cant remember the last time a pack of wild dog walked through PTA), to produce minerals animals die (not many giraffe wandering the mine dumps) basically everthing we do has a negative impact on the environment in one way or another.
Hi Sumbloke. Is it even possible to hunt eland in the Berg!? :shock: This must be a huge challenge for only the very fit! I came across small herds on my Rhino horn climbs. Sly as hell!.. They also like to hide in Pilar cave, I surprised a small herd there once! :lol:

Anyhow, best game meat the eland!
sumbloke
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: FAPM
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by sumbloke » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Fransw wrote:
Hi Sumbloke. Is it even possible to hunt eland in the Berg!? :shock: This must be a huge challenge for only the very fit! I came across small herds on my Rhino horn climbs. Sly as hell!.. They also like to hide in Pilar cave, I surprised a small herd there once! :lol:

Anyhow, best game meat the eland!
It is not all that easy but is hell of a rewarding when you get it right! One chap hunted with me and took a year to get his eland, but what a year it was!

Return to “Destinations”