Fly away destination

Information regarding aviation friendly destinations and airfields.

Moderator: Moderators

Deepstall
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: FAWB
Location: Pretoria, South Africa(Liberated Peoples State of Mzansi)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Fly away destination

Unread post by Deepstall » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi Guys

I am in the process of planning a very special getaway after a very special event, if you know what I mean..... I am looking for good and affordable ideas for a self fly destination that will make a special time even more so for us.

Any recommendations?
Carl Kieck
Johan Swakopmund
Taxiing to Clubhouse
Closest Airfield: Swakopmund
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Fly away destination

Unread post by Johan Swakopmund » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:03 pm

Deepstall

Come to Swakopmund in Namiba -you will never regret it
Welcome to contact me- have accommodation or can
arrange where you want to go.
No i am not a letting agent but only an old aviation nut
Happy christmas.
Will be availavle from 4 January 2019

regards
Johan de Wet
These users liked the author Johan Swakopmund for the post:
lighting
NAMIBIA FLYING COUNTRY
V5 - LEO
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:23 pm

....yes I second Johan's recommendation, best place for honeymooning !!!!

......must admit I wanted to post this pic, but then refrain from doing so - must be the X-mas spirit in me that is toning down the naughtiness - no harm intended Deepstall :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Whirly » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:27 pm

LEO,

Someone is having a sense of humour failure again and deleted my post, based on what you just posted! :roll: #-o

Whirly.
Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog (or two or three).
V5 - LEO
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Whirly wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:27 pm
LEO,

Someone is having a sense of humour failure again and deleted my post, based on what you just posted! :roll: #-o

Whirly.
....I'm still in the q, .... :lol: :lol:
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Fransw » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm

V5 - LEO wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:28 pm
Whirly wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:27 pm
LEO,

Whirly.
....I'm still in the q, .... :lol: :lol:
Howzit Leeu! Is it hot inNamnow? I spend one Dec on a farm close to Solitaire many moons ago, vokkit it was hot!! So we camp one night in the mountains only to wake the next morning to see many leopard spoor in and around camp! :shock: Only a couple of warm beers calmed our nerves..
V5 - LEO
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Fransw wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm
Howzit Leeu! Is it hot inNamnow? I spend one Dec on a farm close to Solitaire many moons ago, vokkit it was hot!! So we camp one night in the mountains only to wake the next morning to see many leopard spoor in and around camp! :shock: Only a couple of warm beers calmed our nerves..
....Frans the average temp is about 36C in central Namibia, north and south it spike at 42 - 45C - but yes, nothing that a few good Windhoek beers cannot fix - the coast however - Swakopmund and so on is perfect, 19C in the morning up to 29/30C around midday, with fog patches clearing up by 8H30-9h00 - just ask Johan he stays in Paradise - gonna skip the coast this year it looks like :( :( :(
Fransw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Fransw » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm

V5 - LEO wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:40 pm
Fransw wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm
....Frans the average temp is about 36C in central Namibia, north and south it spike at 42 - 45C - but yes, nothing that a few good Windhoek beers cannot fix - the coast however - Swakopmund and so on is perfect, 19C in the morning up to 29/30C around midday, with fog patches clearing up by 8H30-9h00 - just ask Johan he stays in Paradise - gonna skip the coast this year it looks like :( :( :(
Apparently Swakop is one of the best places to celebrate new years! Its on my bucket list..
Fly182
Preflighting
Closest Airfield: FAKR

Unread post by Fly182 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:02 am

Swakop is definitely an awesome place, the fresh sea breeze and desert mixture is amazing =D>

We were there in December last year, sunrise at 05h30 and sets around 21h30, so plenty of day time for all your awesome activities. A town filled with awesome friendly people :D

Baie lekker plek =D>
"Life...Live it"
Shaunus
Circuit re-established
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Shaunus » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Deepstall wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi Guys

I am in the process of planning a very special getaway after a very special event, if you know what I mean..... I am looking for good and affordable ideas for a self fly destination that will make a special time even more so for us.

Any recommendations?
Lake Naverone!
Privileged to have flown Cubby (ZU-CYB), Jabbie (ZU-JHF), Thunderbird (ZS-WPN, ZS-VWH), Samba XL (ZU-LAR), and C172 (ZS-JIM)
Deepstall
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: FAWB
Location: Pretoria, South Africa(Liberated Peoples State of Mzansi)

Unread post by Deepstall » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. I have however been thinking that Mozambique is where I would like to go, Xai-Xai specifically. Does anyone have any info for me on which airfield to use, customs related issues and any other suggestions.

Maybe it is best to fly to Inhambane and rent a car there.... otherwise suggestions for affordable accommodation in Inhambane. Any help will be appreciated
Carl Kieck
Segg
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Segg » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:02 pm

Deepstall wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 pm
Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. I have however been thinking that Mozambique is where I would like to go, Xai-Xai specifically. Does anyone have any info for me on which airfield to use, customs related issues and any other suggestions.

Maybe it is best to fly to Inhambane and rent a car there.... otherwise suggestions for affordable accommodation in Inhambane. Any help will be appreciated
Drop me a PM & I'll put you in touch with the owner of a beachfront lodge - you can fly into FQIN then the drive here is +-30 minutes from the airport

You can rent a 4x4 from Tofu 4x4 hire but quite pricey at +-R1k per day, a 4x4 is necessary in these parts
what goes around, comes around.
mikecolin
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by mikecolin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Deepstall wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 pm

I have a Friend (Fellow Aviator) he has 2 Hotels in Inhambane, i am sure he can build you a deal, i went about 2 months ago and its incredible, that whole area is stunning.

http://www.castelodomar.co.za/
http://www.massingabeach.co.za/

You can fly to FQIN, easy flight in just hard to make out what they saying on the radio "Roger Roger" ....They charge about R1500 for your landing and parking, quite expensive indeed.

I flew from FALA to FAKN to clear customs and get a Fuel top up, on the way back went direct from FQIN to FALA as had more than enough fuel from my pit stop.

Flight took me around 3H each way in a Cirrus SR22.

PM me if you want to see i can help you with a deal to a hotel or if you need any info on the flight down.

Mike

Return to “Destinations”