Aviation Club - activity?

Aviation interest group at St Stithians.

Moderator: Moderators

Mike Gough
Frequent AvComer
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 18 times

Aviation Club - activity?

Unread post by Mike Gough » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:43 pm

I recently noticed this sub-forum and am curious - is this club active?

I see posts from last year, but nothing recent. I'm a Saints old boy, and now have two girls in the GC, grades 8 and 11. Would be interested to see what interest is out there still, seeing that I'm flying Airbusses and own a flight school not too far from Saints... :mrgreen:
www.skyhawk.co.za

COMPASS Pilot Aptitude Assessment
IcarusZulu
Engine full power confirmed
Closest Airfield: Magalies Gliding Club
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Aviation Club - activity?

Unread post by IcarusZulu » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:36 am

Have not seen too much activity here either... I'm also a Saints dad girls gr5 and boy Gr3.

I Know of another Saints dad that also flys. Both of us are out at Magalies Gliding Club. I fly pure gliders whilst he has a TMG so we never see each other on the airfield as he flys late in the afternoon or early in the mornings whilst I fly in the heat of the day. There must be more saints dads who fly.

We should look for them and hookup for a beer.
Engines who needs em anyhow?

ZS-GPD, ZS-GXA
Alasdair
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: Queenstown
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Alasdair » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:30 pm

.......and maybe a class or two in basic spelling ...... Or are the Saints boys always different in that they have an AVAITION CLUB?
Experience is a Tough Teacher because She Gives you the Test First and the Lesson Afterwards
ZU-MCD ZU-DJR ZU-CCG ZU-BWW ZU-AKL ZS-FXC ZU-SHN
SteveBozz
Priming
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by SteveBozz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm

I am also a Saints Dad (Son in the BC and daughter in GC). I fly Flexwing Trike from Tedderfield.
My son, GarethB on Avcom, is part of the Saints Aviation Club and I normally go with him to some of the club events (as taxi and sometimes fly in).

The club has been fairly active during the year, in supporting Baragwanath events and others as marshalls etc, but I don't think active enough in other events outside of the school.
Slipstream (Mr Courtney Watson) is the teacher in control of the club and would be the best person to be involved in any Saints Fathers event.
He would be very appreciative of any parent support or opportunities for the club members.

Return to “St Stithians College Avaition Club”