SAA Second Officer

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

Flight Sim101
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: SAA Second Officer

Unread post by Flight Sim101 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Jack Welles wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:25 pm
Flight Sim101 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:07 pm
LongRangeCruise wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:38 pm
I highly doubt they would rather park aircraft than hire male Caucasians ?!??
That’s a far fetched HR pipe dream....
Multiple posts on here about SAA's ethnicity preferential hiring.
And how many of them substantiated with hard provable facts as oposed to "opinions"?
You'd have to ask the ones who know SAA employees.
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:03 am

Flight Sim101 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:52 pm
Jack Welles wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:25 pm
Flight Sim101 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Multiple posts on here about SAA's ethnicity preferential hiring.
And how many of them substantiated with hard provable facts as oposed to "opinions"?
You'd have to ask the ones who know SAA employees.
The problem is that that would just be hearsay. In other words, not proof of anything. Just more opinions about other peoples' opinions. Now if someone can produce, say, a letter received from SAA saying that they are turning them down because they're white that would be proof positive. Posts on the Internet are hardly conclusive proof of anything except the fact that a lot of people seem quite barmy a lot of the time.

Please note that I do not profess to know whether SAA has an anti-white pilot agenda or not. And I am not saying that the rumours are wrong. I am merely saying that to date there doesn't seem to have been any real evidence of such a policy being deliberately implemented.
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
Deanw
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by Deanw » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:08 am

Jack Welles wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:03 am
Please note that I do not profess to know whether SAA has an anti-white pilot agenda or not. And I am not saying that the rumours are wrong. I am merely saying that to date there doesn't seem to have been any real evidence of such a policy being deliberately implemented.
Except for the SAA cadet scheme:
https://www.fin24.com/Companies/TravelA ... A-20120817
https://mg.co.za/article/2013-06-13-no- ... t-training

But then, this thread is not about the no-longer operational cadet scheme, but direct pilot entry for which Flight Sim101 has provided no supporting evidence.
How come every time my ship comes in I'm at the airport?

http://www.SAairforce.co.za
34south
Tripped over wheel chock
Closest Airfield: George
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by 34south » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:26 pm

[/quote]
Not white, unfortunately, I read SAA ditched their 737's, deal breaker, definitely not flying Airbuses. How are they short of pilots yet they aren't recruiting? Did they really not anticipate people leaving them for better pay/living conditions?
[/quote]

Definitely not flying Airbusses.....you sound like a principled fella! Ever flown a Boeing? I’m assuming you’ve never flown an Airbus. It’s been a long time now, but I seem to remember that a 4 sector day in an -800 felt long and cramped. If there is a jumpseater, they need to fold the chair away so you can go pee - many times you just hold on till after landing. The sweet handling characteristics were only really on the short 737 fluffy wings. Besides the new dashboard, I preferred flying them. The -800 had some strange pitch trim quirks and roll never felt the same after they added the winglets. Lately, I’ve been of MAX conviction that Boeing should have started narrow body product on a clean slate at some point in history, they would have done a great job.

With regards to the Airbus, should you choose to drop your principles, find an airline that lets you do manual flying and the occasional visual approach, conditions permitting. SoME carriers don’t let you do manual anything, but SAA is not such an airline. It really is possible to enjoy flying a Bus.
These users liked the author 34south for the post (total 2):
Capt. Kyleimg343

Return to “Airline Chatter”