Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
GL
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9074
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:08 am
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Lost for words
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 56 times

Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by GL » Sat May 04, 2019 8:19 am

There is a report out saying that Nico Bezuidenhout has been shortlisted to return to head up Mango.
Big moans that the board has structured the job requirement to suit Nico - as he has great experience but no degree.
But he is IMHO by far the best for the job. And FastJet is slowly being strangled by African state interference and bureaucracy. So it makes a lot of sense to get him back to reinvigorate Mango to compete against FlySafair. And while they are at it, I reckon Nicos' 2IC at FastJet, Sylvain Bosc would be an asset back at SAA. (I am already ducking the incoming shots on this one).
Uncommon wisdom:
The grand essentials to happiness in this life are:
• someone to love,
• something to do,
• and something to hope for

Guy Leitch
Only
Incipient Spin
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:24 pm
Closest Airfield: FALA
Location: Randburg
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by Only » Sat May 04, 2019 9:13 am

ERASER
Stall training
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:22 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by ERASER » Sun May 05, 2019 6:34 am

Heard a rumour that Glenn Orsmond, ex CEO 1 Time is heading for SAAT as CFO.

Just a update, GO declined the SAAT offer, apparently his current company made a counter offer.
Last edited by ERASER on Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johan.botha
Engine Cranking
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 am
Closest Airfield: Dubai
Location: Dubai
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by Johan.botha » Sun May 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Good for him.

I know he was looking for an opportunity outside SA so hopefully this will help his career to get there.
User avatar
Caravan Driver
Phew!!!
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: FALA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by Caravan Driver » Sun May 05, 2019 4:26 pm

GL wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:19 am
There is a report out saying that Nico Bezuidenhout has been shortlisted to return to head up Mango.
Big moans that the board has structured the job requirement to suit Nico - as he has great experience but no degree.
But he is IMHO by far the best for the job. And FastJet is slowly being strangled by African state interference and bureaucracy. So it makes a lot of sense to get him back to reinvigorate Mango to compete against FlySafair. And while they are at it, I reckon Nicos' 2IC at FastJet, Sylvain Bosc would be an asset back at SAA. (I am already ducking the incoming shots on this one).
Does Kulula not need competition? :lol:
"Pilots are a rare kind of human being... They take to the skies to purify their souls and only return to earth once they have received the communion of the infinite!"
User avatar
GL
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9074
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:08 am
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Lost for words
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by GL » Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 am

In my opinion kulula has slipped so badly in the past year or 3 that they are no competition to Safair and Mango:
OTP = worst. I cannot rely on kulula if I have a connecting flight. (It's not OK to shrug and say its not their fault but SAAT's)
PED policy = worst. Switch kindle e-readers off at Top of Descent - give me a break!
Pricing poor.
Discovery Vitality discounts harder to access - so I don't bother.
Car hire partners worst - (you can't let your aux revenue partners screw up your brand).
So kulula is my last choice.
And the absolute strike out was their initial refusal to ground their Max. Stupid beyond belief - passengers simply refused to fly the Max - and how do you explain what a Max looks like and what to do if they find they have been booked on a Max.
Wrenelle has her work cut out.
Tell me I'm wrong!
Uncommon wisdom:
The grand essentials to happiness in this life are:
• someone to love,
• something to do,
• and something to hope for

Guy Leitch
Falafel
Straight and Level
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:47 am
Closest Airfield: FALA_LCY
Location: United Kingdom
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by Falafel » Mon May 06, 2019 8:30 am

GL wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 am
In my opinion kulula has slipped so badly in the past year or 3 that they are no competition to Safair and Mango:
OTP = worst. I cannot rely on kulula if I have a connecting flight. (It's not OK to shrug and say its not their fault but SAAT's)
PED policy = worst. Switch kindle e-readers off at Top of Descent - give me a break!
Pricing poor.
Discovery Vitality discounts harder to access - so I don't bother.
Car hire partners worst - (you can't let your aux revenue partners screw up your brand).
So kulula is my last choice.
Wrenelle has her work cut out.
Tell me I'm wrong!
Agree 100%... only time I take Kulula is if its the first flight of the day and I am not in a hurry... dont bother with Discovery / Kulula either... care hire is shocking and I would rather pay more than go through that mess... I go for Safair on local routes and anything OTHER THAN SAA on International...
trees
HASSELL checks
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:29 pm
Closest Airfield: eggw
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by trees » Mon May 06, 2019 10:56 am

GL wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 am
In my opinion kulula has slipped so badly in the past year or 3 that they are no competition to Safair and Mango:
OTP = worst. I cannot rely on kulula if I have a connecting flight. (It's not OK to shrug and say its not their fault but SAAT's)
PED policy = worst. Switch kindle e-readers off at Top of Descent - give me a break!
Pricing poor.
Discovery Vitality discounts harder to access - so I don't bother.
Car hire partners worst - (you can't let your aux revenue partners screw up your brand).
So kulula is my last choice.
And the absolute strike out was their initial refusal to ground their Max. Stupid beyond belief - passengers simply refused to fly the Max - and how do you explain what a Max looks like and what to do if they find they have been booked on a Max.
Wrenelle has her work cut out.
Tell me I'm wrong!
I cannot comment on their OTP etc. but in their defense re the 737 MAX, they don't have any.
738
Flaps set for Take off
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by 738 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:23 pm

GL wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 am
In my opinion kulula has slipped so badly in the past year or 3 that they are no competition to Safair and Mango:
OTP = worst. I cannot rely on kulula if I have a connecting flight. (It's not OK to shrug and say its not their fault but SAAT's)
PED policy = worst. Switch kindle e-readers off at Top of Descent - give me a break!
Pricing poor.
Discovery Vitality discounts harder to access - so I don't bother.
Car hire partners worst - (you can't let your aux revenue partners screw up your brand).
So kulula is my last choice.
And the absolute strike out was their initial refusal to ground their Max. Stupid beyond belief - passengers simply refused to fly the Max - and how do you explain what a Max looks like and what to do if they find they have been booked on a Max.
Wrenelle has her work cut out.
Tell me I'm wrong!
The thread is about Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango......you obviously feel hard done by Comair...
Comair was by the way one of the first Airlines worldwide to ground the MAX.

Any way it will be interesting to see what Nico Bezuidenhout can do with an Airline with an aging fleet of 20year+! , which by looking at the departure boards lately are quickly busy catching up with them. Well see.
Piperdriver
Straight and Level
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Location: RSA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by Piperdriver » Mon May 06, 2019 3:00 pm

There is no one more suited to lead Mango than Nico. If he is offered the job and he accepts then Mango will go from strength to strength
evanb
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1824
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:58 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by evanb » Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm wondering, is this just speculation based on the job requirements in the advert or has there been an actual hint or suggestion that Nico is on his way back?
User avatar
GL
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9074
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:08 am
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Lost for words
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by GL » Mon May 06, 2019 10:40 pm

trees wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:56 am
GL wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 am
In my opinion kulula has slipped so badly in the past year or 3 that they are no competition to Safair and Mango:
OTP = worst. I cannot rely on kulula if I have a connecting flight. (It's not OK to shrug and say its not their fault but SAAT's)
PED policy = worst. Switch kindle e-readers off at Top of Descent - give me a break!
Pricing poor.
Discovery Vitality discounts harder to access - so I don't bother.
Car hire partners worst - (you can't let your aux revenue partners screw up your brand).
So kulula is my last choice.
And the absolute strike out was their initial refusal to ground their Max. Stupid beyond belief - passengers simply refused to fly the Max - and how do you explain what a Max looks like and what to do if they find they have been booked on a Max.
Wrenelle has her work cut out.
Tell me I'm wrong!
I cannot comment on their OTP etc. but in their defense re the 737 MAX, they don't have any.
Ja-nee. BA and kulula are two children of Comair. same pilots same bottom line. The decision to continue to fly the Max would have been kululas if the plane had those markings.
Uncommon wisdom:
The grand essentials to happiness in this life are:
• someone to love,
• something to do,
• and something to hope for

Guy Leitch
User avatar
Burner
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4081
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:21 pm
Closest Airfield: LIMB
Location: Milan and Algeria
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by Burner » Tue May 07, 2019 12:03 am

738 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:23 pm
GL wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 am
In my opinion kulula has slipped so badly in the past year or 3 that they are no competition to Safair and Mango:
OTP = worst. I cannot rely on kulula if I have a connecting flight. (It's not OK to shrug and say its not their fault but SAAT's)
PED policy = worst. Switch kindle e-readers off at Top of Descent - give me a break!
Pricing poor.
Discovery Vitality discounts harder to access - so I don't bother.
Car hire partners worst - (you can't let your aux revenue partners screw up your brand).
So kulula is my last choice.
And the absolute strike out was their initial refusal to ground their Max. Stupid beyond belief - passengers simply refused to fly the Max - and how do you explain what a Max looks like and what to do if they find they have been booked on a Max.
Wrenelle has her work cut out.
Tell me I'm wrong!
The thread is about Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango......you obviously feel hard done by Comair...
Comair was by the way one of the first Airlines worldwide to ground the MAX.

Any way it will be interesting to see what Nico Bezuidenhout can do with an Airline with an aging fleet of 20year+! , which by looking at the departure boards lately are quickly busy catching up with them. Well see.
Kululas on time performance is a total joke mate. Unless you are on the first flight of the day, then there is a 50/50 chance of getting to where you need to be on time.

Its ironic, that even with Comair's "state of the art fleet"... Mango, with their "20+ year old fleet" as you say, and Safair, with some aircraft over 30 years old... beat you guys hands down!

The age of an aircraft, means Jack s$#t when it comes to reliability... properly scheduled, realistically scheduled, with enough padding = on time performance.
These users liked the author Burner for the post:
MadMacs
User avatar
MadMacs
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2315
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:41 pm
Closest Airfield: GRJ
Location: On my bed
Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by MadMacs » Tue May 07, 2019 12:20 am

What has the age of the aircraft got to do with anything, they are maintained to be as good as new all the time?
The closest I get to flying these days is when I put my cellphone in 'flight mode'.
User avatar
Burner
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4081
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:21 pm
Closest Airfield: LIMB
Location: Milan and Algeria
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Nico Bezuidenhout returning to Mango?

Unread post by Burner » Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 am

MadMacs wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:20 am
What has the age of the aircraft got to do with anything, they are maintained to be as good as new all the time?
Exactly!! What irks me, is I think that comment came from a pilot!
These users liked the author Burner for the post:
MadMacs

Return to “Airline Chatter”