737 base training in SA

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

Flight Sim101
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

737 base training in SA

Unread post by Flight Sim101 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Which flight schools/companies in SA offer 737 base training (4-6 landings and takeoffs)? Don't really want to fly to the UK to do it.

No comments on why I'm paying for it myself please. Thanks.
Romeo E.T.
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAJS
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: 737 base training in SA

Unread post by Romeo E.T. » Wed May 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Neither Comair, Mango or Safair do "base training"
The FULL FLIGHT SIM Level D they use is, certified to cover this requirement within the respective companies

Only B737-200's would still need to be "finished off" with a "real aircraft" base check, as the FULL FLIGHT SIM for B732 is only Level C,
but
Who still operates a B732 in SA for YOU to use "privately" to do the base training......that could cost a MIGHT PACKET to just "rent" a B732 for a bit of circuit training fun
sometimes we suffer a bit from C.R.A.F.T. sickness..Can't Remember A F@#%ing Thing

https://www.facebook.com/ralf.t.schulz
Flight Sim101
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Flight Sim101 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Romeo E.T. wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:04 pm
Neither Comair, Mango or Safair do "base training"
The FULL FLIGHT SIM Level D they use is, certified to cover this requirement within the respective companies

Only B737-200's would still need to be "finished off" with a "real aircraft" base check, as the FULL FLIGHT SIM for B732 is only Level C,
but
Who still operates a B732 in SA for YOU to use "privately" to do the base training......that could cost a MIGHT PACKET to just "rent" a B732 for a bit of circuit training fun
Thanks for your reply, I am aware of the level D removing the need for base training, but I would prefer to do the level D and base training before joining the airline. 52 hours of Level D and 6 takeoffs and landings base training in the UK costs as much as the SA type rating with few level D hours. Looks like I'll be doing my rating in the UK. Thanks again.
Lowaldo
Joining unmanned airfield circuit
Closest Airfield: DXB
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Lowaldo » Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 am

Should be fun though doing the base training in SA with some nice experienced Trainer...he might just show you how to fly a proper circuit within a few miles :lol: hope you come right. Which Airline you joining?
Put yourself in a position to follow your dreams to the best you can and create new reality...!!
Burner
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: LIMB
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 93 times

Unread post by Burner » Thu May 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Anyone know where I can rent an A380 and an instructor to do the base training part of a privately sponsored type rating? :twisted:

If I was you, i would contact Star Air Cargo, and see if they can do non in house training on the 737. Dennis Spence is there, and an absolute legend, and highly qualified.

Part 121/135 companies without a 141 ticket, are limited to only being allowed to do training for people employed by said company.

Good luck.

Return to “Airline Chatter”