SAA in Business rescue

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

paulw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Galway Airport
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 203 times

Re: SAA in Business rescue

Unread post by paulw » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 pm

HJK 414 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:09 pm

I pity the management team of the new entity as they probably have no idea what they are setting themselves up for.
The Politicians will not stop meddling and every time there is a cash flow problem or a need to invest - we are going to see the same antics.

JK
I am not so sure about a new entity and new management?

Is this a fact that it will be? I did not follow the thread so maybe I missed something but this is an extract from a Voyager Miles email I received today.
There has been progress with SAA’s Business Rescue process. There are a few outstanding administration matters to be ironed out during the next few weeks by the business rescue practitioners before our SAA management can resume control.

In the meantime, we feel it is important to keep you, as our most valued customer, updated on issues related to your Voyager membership.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
GL
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 291 times

Unread post by GL » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:50 am

paulw wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 pm

There has been progress with SAA’s Business Rescue process. There are a few outstanding administration matters to be ironed out during the next few weeks by the business rescue practitioners before our SAA management can resume control.
I reckon this is a spectacular euphemism. They have hardly any aircraft left and what they have is now even more mismatched to their routes. Do they even have a route structure? - where are they going to fly to?
They have staff/ pilots/FAs who do not know whether they are employed or not. IINM almost all the pilots are no longer current. The backlog in trying to get Training Captains to SREC them will be interesting.
SAA is like a punch drunk boxer flat on his back on the canvas. He is not about to spring up - clear eyed - and box his way out of this mess.
These users liked the author GL for the post (total 3):
Ray WByronPilotVolo
What if humanity is the disease and Covid-19 the cure?
Areaman
Engine Cranking
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Areaman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:50 am

GL wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:50 am
paulw wrote:

I reckon this is a spectacular euphemism. They have hardly any aircraft left and what they have is now even more mismatched to their routes. Do they even have a route structure? - where are they going to fly to?
They have staff/ pilots/FAs who do not know whether they are employed or not. IINM almost all the pilots are no longer current. The backlog in trying to get Training Captains to SREC them will be interesting.
SAA is like a punch drunk boxer flat on his back on the canvas. He is not about to spring up - clear eyed - and box his way out of this mess.
“On the numbers” GL👏👏👏👏👏
Waisting everyones time!
FAQ
Rolling
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by FAQ » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 pm

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/governme ... ilots.html

“New SAA will prioritise equal employment over experience for pilots”
Johan Swakopmund
Argument with Heli Pilot.
Closest Airfield: Swakopmund
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Johan Swakopmund » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:06 am

FAQ wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 pm

THAT I WANT TO SEE .
WILL BE A FIRST
NAMIBIA FLYING COUNTRY
Volo
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by Volo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 am

Johan Swakopmund wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:06 am
FAQ wrote:

THAT I WANT TO SEE .
WILL BE A FIRST
Johan I think they mean exactly the opposite . They will ditch the seniors first firstly for cost reasons and I will leave you to guess what else they mean
Falafel
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FALA_LCY
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 230 times

Unread post by Falafel » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 am

Volo wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 am
Johan Swakopmund wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:06 am
FAQ wrote:

THAT I WANT TO SEE .
WILL BE A FIRST
Johan I think they mean exactly the opposite . They will ditch the seniors first firstly for cost reasons and I will leave you to guess what else they mean
I was one for the closing of SAA, however maybe its one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations....

Anyone else get the feeling that we will be longing for the SAA where blatant corruption and nepotism was the only problem we had to worry about :twisted: :roll: #-o :?:
Snitch
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Unknown
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Snitch » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:49 am

As part of the restructuring, SAA’s current complement of 625 pilots will be slashed to 88.
Ouch
Bell 407
Frequent AvComer
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 194 times

Unread post by Bell 407 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:54 am

GLF4 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:21 am
ZS-SXI and ZS-SXK A333 left Joburg for Nimes this morning.
From JetPhotos - "An Airbus A330-243 from the troubled South African Airlines. The plane arrived Nimes in May 2020, is 9 years old and currently belongs to Tokyo Century Corporation. Earlier registration ZS-SXV."

Johan7720
Rotating
Closest Airfield: ORTIA
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Johan7720 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Pilots slashed to 88 - that is now for 5 planes - which means 17 pilots per plane.......hmmm
evanb
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 265 times

Unread post by evanb » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Johan7720 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:38 pm
Pilots slashed to 88 - that is now for 5 planes - which means 17 pilots per plane.......hmmm
5 leased or 5 total?
Volo
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by Volo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 am

GL wrote:
paulw wrote:

So hears the thing - Somehow they have cut a deal with their Creditors /Banks and Unions such that they will not be liquidated and there will be no New SAA - only the old one .

They will therefore be able to resume trading in their Anti competitive way because in the first instance they will not be required to pay back any of their former loans or make a return on their cost of recapitalization.

How come the competition act does not apply to them ? IF it did and they would have to trade against their competitors fairly and it would result in a cost that they could not recoup because they would not sell any tickets with the kind of fares they would have to charge .

Why are their competitors not already putting it out there that they would oppose SAAs restructuring based on an Anti-competitive structure that they could already prove ?

They also have no idea whether they still have any customers ?
Kriz
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: johannesburg
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Kriz » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:59 pm

Volo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 am
GL wrote:
paulw wrote:

So hears the thing - Somehow they have cut a deal with their Creditors /Banks and Unions such that they will not be liquidated and there will be no New SAA - only the old one .

They will therefore be able to resume trading in their Anti competitive way because in the first instance they will not be required to pay back any of their former loans or make a return on their cost of recapitalization.

How come the competition act does not apply to them ? IF it did and they would have to trade against their competitors fairly and it would result in a cost that they could not recoup because they would not sell any tickets with the kind of fares they would have to charge .
Why are their competitors not already putting it out there that they would oppose SAAs restructuring based on an Anti-competitive structure that they could already prove ?

They also have no idea whether they still have any customers ?
Because their competitors know that SAA will screw up and they will pay their competitors a handsome compensation again and again for violating the rules. Have we not learnt anything about SAA?........ They don’t remember their mistakes from the past, so they must suffer the consequences.*******( Grabs Popcorn)
Wout
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Kitty Hawk
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Wout » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Vanity project, once again at taxpayers expense. How else would the political "elite" and their family and friends get their free airline travel?
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 605 times

Unread post by Whirly » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Wout wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:43 pm
Vanity project, once again at taxpayers expense. How else would the political "elite" and their family and friends get their free airline travel?
Plus the money has to flow for looting to take place and unions must have members to keep their bosses in the money. #-o :evil:

Whirly.
Not every home needs a dog but every dog needs a home.

Return to “Airline Chatter”