YAK ADF

The Yak Aircraft Corporation (formerly the A.S. Yakovlev Design Bureau JSC) is a Russian aircraft designer and manufacturer.

Moderator: Moderators

paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 17 times

YAK ADF

Unread post by paulw » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 am

Hi

I found some info how to use the ADF in the YAK, but not really been able to try it yet as it is also rather difficult to set the frequencies.
(As far as I can see only ADF, not VOR)

Anyone know if it will work in SA?
I can't see why not.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
Darrell Lush
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FABB
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: YAK ADF

Unread post by Darrell Lush » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:06 am

The Yak Nav avionics require some calibration before use. There is an ADF, a radio compass and a slaved RMI in most. You also need to set the RMI to the southern hemisphere. My one was working fine but I also have found it difficult to set frequencies. My ADF needle does track sometimes, but what exactly is beyond me. Is it possible for you to send me the info you have on the ADF. If the document is not too large you can post the link here on Avcom.

Thanks.
I was not always this sarcastic.

It took me years of dealing with A-holes to get this good at it...
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by paulw » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:41 am

Darrell Lush wrote:The Yak Nav avionics require some calibration before use. There is an ADF, a radio compass and a slaved RMI in most. You also need to set the RMI to the southern hemisphere. My one was working fine but I also have found it difficult to set frequencies. My ADF needle does track sometimes, but what exactly is beyond me. Is it possible for you to send me the info you have on the ADF. If the document is not too large you can post the link here on Avcom.
Here some info I managed to get.
adf.doc
YAK52-handbook.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
ZUBSK
Lining Up
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by ZUBSK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:26 pm

paulw wrote:
Darrell Lush wrote:The Yak Nav avionics require some calibration before use. There is an ADF, a radio compass and a slaved RMI in most. You also need to set the RMI to the southern hemisphere. My one was working fine but I also have found it difficult to set frequencies. My ADF needle does track sometimes, but what exactly is beyond me. Is it possible for you to send me the info you have on the ADF. If the document is not too large you can post the link here on Avcom.
Here some info I managed to get.
adf.doc
YAK52-handbook.pdf
As far as I remember, there are only three pre-set ADF frequencies. Had something to do with stopping russian pilots from defecting?? Talk to Vladimir, he will know.

Gary

Return to “Yak”