Oldtimer (was his AVCOM name) - Johan

Your good and bad experiences with online community trading.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please follow the posting template where applicable. It is also fair that you send a link to the other party to give them the right to respond to the post. NB: Keep it factual and at all costs avoid placing yourself in a position where you give cause for a defamation case to be brought against you Read this: http://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=202352. Personal attacks, name calling etc will be deleted. Basically - use this resource responsibly.
BAAS 'COIS
Rolling
Closest Airfield: Pretoria Radio Flyers
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Oldtimer (was his AVCOM name) - Johan

Unread post by BAAS 'COIS » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:57 am

Anyone know if oldtimer (Johan) still stay in Pretoria? and or have his number?
Think he could left avcom and or maybe the hobby.

Thanks
Last edited by BAAS 'COIS on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go SLOW.... Close your eyes and take a deep breath
Tomcat1
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Silverton
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Oldtimer - Johan

Unread post by Tomcat1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Not sure if it's the right Johan but only one I knew that was into the old timers was Johan Steyn, unfortunately he passed away a few years ago.
Andycap 101H
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Helderberg and Malmesbury
Has liked: 27 times

Re: Oldtimer (was his AVCOM name) - Johan

Unread post by Andycap 101H » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Quite some time ago .. and that is very long ago..

I sold a CS Skyfire 60 Kit to Old Timer from Garsfontein in Pta.

Very nice gent.

If this is the same chap Tomcat1 is ref too .. sad indeed. :shock:

See his.last post was on 11March 2015.
Tomcat1
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by Tomcat1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:32 am

If I remember correctly it was around 2015 that Johan Steyn passed away. I used to fly gliders with him when PRF was still down Lynnwood RD. I think when they moved he stuck to old timers only as I don't think there is any glider activity where they are now, in fact it died before they moved, that's one of the reasons I left the club.
Andycap 101H
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Helderberg and Malmesbury
Has liked: 27 times

Unread post by Andycap 101H » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:32 am
If I remember correctly it was around 2015 that Johan Steyn passed away. I used to fly gliders with him when PRF was still down Lynnwood RD. I think when they moved he stuck to old timers only as I don't think there is any glider activity where they are now, in fact it died before they moved, that's one of the reasons I left the club.
Sorry to hear.

Thanks for sharing.
BAAS 'COIS
Rolling
Closest Airfield: Pretoria Radio Flyers

Unread post by BAAS 'COIS » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:58 am

Damn thats sad. I know last time we speak he was in and out of hospital. But thats about it.

Thanks
Go SLOW.... Close your eyes and take a deep breath
WollieW
Take off Clearance

Unread post by WollieW » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Oldtimer wat ek van weet is Johan de Graaff. Hy was op `n stadium besig om `n Pietenpol by Kitty Hawk te bou en was ook, sover ek weet, by modelle betrokke. Het ongelukkig geen kontakbesonderhede van hom nie, maar dalk onthou iemand by Kitty Hawk hom.
SteveJay
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FASK
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by SteveJay » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Johan de Graaff was indeed involved in at least one Pietenpol at Kitty Hawk, after that an AA1 Grumman Lynx at LA (with a car engine (V6?) conversion. After he bailed out of full size he imported a 1/4 scale MR Strutter through Dave Armitage and bought a 7 (9?) cyl radial from Dave.

Last time I spoke to him a good few years ago, he was selling his RC kit - he had been wrong-footed with a heart attack at a time that he had no medical aid, thus trying to stay on top of the bills.

Nice guy, I hope he is ok and calls in some time.
Tomcat1
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by Tomcat1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:02 am

I never knew this Johan so I may be wrong as to which one is sought :-k
Oldtimer1
Reaching altitude
Closest Airfield: Kittyhawk
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Oldtimer1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:59 am

Anybody know what happened to Baas'Cois, I owe him a couple of bucks since my modelling days and sent him a pm recently with no response.

Steve, yes, you are quite correct in what happened with me, took a while to get through everything and there really was no money for toys.

The heart attack was followed by two weeks in Steve Biko hospital which ended in me being arrested for assault less that a week after being discharged from hospital. I had an angiogram performed and they showed me the blocked artery on my heart but discharged me without treatment as "the professor" had to study the results of the angiogram and I will have to return the next year February to have a stent installed. I ended up going to a private cardiologist at Wilgers hospital who immediately put me on my back and installed the stent. I would not have survived until the next year February.

The assault case, well, it turned out to be the most expensive pillow fight in the history of the world. A nurse wanted to take my pillow away after being without one for a week and gotten hold of that one the day before, used a bundled up sheet as a pillow, and I tried to prevent her from taking it. Within 15 minutes the cops arrived fully armed with guns and everything in the cardio high care unit looking for the criminal who assaulted the nurse............

It took three years, four anger management classes and a hell of a lot of money to pay to a lawyer and an advocate to keep me from being locked up. But then I got it all back again after suing the Minister of Police for wrongful arrest. I was taken from my house, locked up in Pretoria Central Police Station being charged with common assault, an offence which should have resulted in me receiving a warning to appear in court only.

Be that as it may, it is over now, I have no criminal record and I am back on my feet and would like to repay Baas'Cois his R800-00 which he paid to me for a model I bought and paid for from another fellow Avcommer but never received from him so I could not pass it on to Baas'Cois. And then the heart attack happened and the court case happened and my life was turned upside down. I really would like to make amends now.
Irene Radio Flyers
SAMAA #517
Builders kits and seleted ARF's
SteveJay
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FASK
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by SteveJay » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am

Hey boet, good to see you are still in the fight, not good to hear about the trials of ensuing period.

Important thing is to remember that we now live in a 3rd world country, you have to adapt (or die).

Please swing by if you are in the area.
V5 - LEO
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 79 times

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 am

....hat off to you mate anf glad it is going better, takes a man to make amends =D>
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Heineman
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: MRF Pretoria
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Heineman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Oldtimer1 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:59 am
Anybody know what happened to Baas'Cois, I owe him a couple of bucks since my modelling days and sent him a pm recently with no response.

Steve, yes, you are quite correct in what happened with me, took a while to get through everything and there really was no money for toys.

The heart attack was followed by two weeks in Steve Biko hospital which ended in me being arrested for assault less that a week after being discharged from hospital. I had an angiogram performed and they showed me the blocked artery on my heart but discharged me without treatment as "the professor" had to study the results of the angiogram and I will have to return the next year February to have a stent installed. I ended up going to a private cardiologist at Wilgers hospital who immediately put me on my back and installed the stent. I would not have survived until the next year February.

The assault case, well, it turned out to be the most expensive pillow fight in the history of the world. A nurse wanted to take my pillow away after being without one for a week and gotten hold of that one the day before, used a bundled up sheet as a pillow, and I tried to prevent her from taking it. Within 15 minutes the cops arrived fully armed with guns and everything in the cardio high care unit looking for the criminal who assaulted the nurse............

It took three years, four anger management classes and a hell of a lot of money to pay to a lawyer and an advocate to keep me from being locked up. But then I got it all back again after suing the Minister of Police for wrongful arrest. I was taken from my house, locked up in Pretoria Central Police Station being charged with common assault, an offence which should have resulted in me receiving a warning to appear in court only.

Be that as it may, it is over now, I have no criminal record and I am back on my feet and would like to repay Baas'Cois his R800-00 which he paid to me for a model I bought and paid for from another fellow Avcommer but never received from him so I could not pass it on to Baas'Cois. And then the heart attack happened and the court case happened and my life was turned upside down. I really would like to make amends now.
Did you sort this out?? Just wondering
Planes wirh Futaba
Oldtimer1
Reaching altitude
Closest Airfield: Kittyhawk
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Oldtimer1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Heineman wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 pm
Oldtimer1 wrote:

Actually yes, Cois contacted me and we made arrangements.

Personal attack - not permitted on Avcom
Irene Radio Flyers
SAMAA #517
Builders kits and seleted ARF's
Heineman
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: MRF Pretoria
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Heineman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:16 pm

Oldtimer1 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:05 pm
Heineman wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 pm
Oldtimer1 wrote:

Actually yes, Cois contacted me and we made arrangements.

But just what the heck does it have to do with you twin face?
Nothing sorry just asking. Cois should clear your name case closed that is all. But now we all know you have redeemed yourself Well done Salute.
Planes wirh Futaba

Return to “Trader Watch”